IGNORED

Competitve Gamers Play Atari 2600!

NearCry

I'll be getting back into the competitve gaming scene pretty soon, and have spent a couple weeks going over old team videos to reminisce about old times. The backstory. I've been a competitive gamer for since Goldeneye 007 on N64 where I would attend ( and win ) small local tournaments and other events. I've since moved onto the CounterStrike games where i've been running a top level gaming team for 10 years this summer. The other player in this video is better known as "Steel". Steel has been playing at the pro level for some time, and is a long time friend of mine. He stayed at my place for a month many years ago and we filmed a bunch of competitve gaming related stuff including us engaging in some heated Atari 2600 competitions.

I figured i'd share this with the retro gamers on this site. This goes to show that just because it's old, doen't mean it can't be fun!

https://youtu.be/cERmZuO1qws?t=473

https://youtu.be/cERmZuO1qws?t=473

Edited by NearCry
  • Like 1

I watched, I commented and I'm envious. Old friends the simplicity of some 2600 gaming and farts. Throw in some beer and it mine as well be heaven. I don't mean to sound dramatic but I'm the father of an 8.5 year old with autism. When you are the parent of a special needs child you give up many of the simple things. When they do come my way believe me I cherish them. Good vid:)

Edited by bigfriendly
  • Like 1