IGNORED

Meetup at Portland Retro Gaming Expo on Oct 17th-18th

How does Burnside Brewery after the auction sound? They have a good food menu and good beer (dinner can be ordered until 10pm, brewery until midnight). They are within walking distance from the convention center and would be a good place to go after the auction. This would be ~8:30pm. Significant others are optional (mine will be joining).

http://www.burnsidebrewco.com/

Portland is also a lot of fun:

• Lot's of tasty breweries
  • A great city for "foodies" (from expensive restaurants to delicious food trucks).
  • Doughnuts that range from quirky Voodoo Doughnuts (I got married there) to gourmet at Blue Star (ex: Blueberry Bourbon Basil doughnut).
  • Plenty of thrift / vintage stores to check out.
  • Powell's City of Books (multiple blocks of used and new books)
  • Fantastic public transportation via light rail.

A couple more places:

- Cacao to try drinking chocolate. This isn't hot chocolate; it is much thicker. I recommend small servings.

- Billy Galaxy mostly sells retro toys (ex: GI Joe and He-Man). He has some Intellivision gear, including an INTV III in box and some Sticklers in box.

FYI, if you are staying in Portland's downtown on the west side of the river, the Broadway bridge is closed so A and B streetcars (pink and blue) are not a good option to get to the convention center. Instead, use the MAX line (heavier trains than the lightweight streetcars). I recommend the green, red, or blue MAX line routes.

If you are staying on the east side of the river (same side as convention center), you can ignore this message.

A couple more places:

- Cacao to try drinking chocolate. This isn't hot chocolate; it is much thicker. I recommend small servings.

- Billy Galaxy mostly sells retro toys (ex: GI Joe and He-Man). He has some Intellivision gear, including an INTV III in box and some Sticklers in box.

I was just at Billy Galaxy, cool but not cheap. Powells bookstore nearby is cool. We also stopped at "Dr Tongue's I had that" store, nice guy.

Wicked cool, thanks for the video (the comments are great). You got a lot of the oddball stuff, which is what I geek out over the most. I was also impressed with the artwork there.

The lineups were insane! We had to lineup to pickup our pre-sale tickets! When the hell does that happen for something like this? :lol:

The portable C64. Goddamn but I want one. Just wasn't about to fly it home. They only wanted $125 for it, which is a pretty sweet price for one in such great working condition.

Thanks guys. Yup that was Saturday and it blew me away how big the event got compared to last year.

I was too busy taking everything in, buying my stuff, and then videoing the event I didn't play a single game. Ugh. I almost got to play the VirtualBoy but alas one eye piece was dead. Other than that, I was worn out by the time the dealer room shut down I just wanted to go eat and sit down.

Next year I'm doing Saturday AND Sunday.

By means of an update there are already discussions going on behind the scenes with an eye towards making PRGE 2016 an epic Inty happening. I believe everyone should plan on making it for next year. Will there be new releases there? Will Rev finally make an appearance in public? Who can say....

By means of an update there are already discussions going on behind the scenes with an eye towards making PRGE 2016 an epic Inty happening. I believe everyone should plan on making it for next year. Will there be new releases there? Will Rev finally make an appearance in public? Who can say....

http://www.vistaprint.com/custom-banners.aspx?GP=10%2f28%2f2015+4%3a06%3a01+PM&GPS=3649289384&GNF=1

I can neither confirm or deny these accusations.

• Like 1

Multiple, separate discussions...that also are overlapping....