IGNORED

ColecoVision Wall Poster (20" x 30")

pboland

I truly never thought I'd be able to offer large size (20" x 30") posters , but that situation has changed. With that in mind I'm offering for sale copies of a poster that I made for myself. I'm only making 15 copies of this poster (If demand is high enough, I might be convinced to "up" the limit slightly, but that will depend on demand):

post-9874-0-52472800-1430930229_thumb.jpg

For those wondering, this poster is borrowed heavily after the "Coleco Press Kit" folder from 1983. The slogan at the bottom is a Coleco marketing phrase that was used in print ads back in the day.

If interested in ordering this (20" x 30") poster: Please PM me with a subject line of "ColecoVision Poster" and be sure to include your PayPal email address (& rough location i.e. your country) so I can invoice you once your order is ready to mail out.

The cost for a "ColecoVision Poster" poster is $25.00 plus $6.00 shipping in the USA (shipping outside the USA will be calculated on an order by order basis). Please keep in mind that I make these on demand, so I will need a few days to put your order together.

• Like 4

I just wanted to add that each wall poster is printed on a semigloss photo media. Each wall poster will be rolled, placed in a plastic poster bag and will be shipped in a standard cardboard document tube mailer.

Also, feel free to share any other Colecovision prints you might want to see in this size. I was thinking of maybe this one as well:

post-9874-0-08891500-1430940751_thumb.jpg

Let me know guys.

Edited by pboland
  • Like 2

Well that was a big flop. :(

If you could, please let me know your thoughts about posters like these in general. Is it the style of poster, the size? What is it that you guys would like to see (or not see) as a large print. Yes, I realize I might be opening up a can of worms by asking, but I might as well find out what the general thoughts are of the community about large prints. In the past I had encouraging comments about posters, but that was a couple years ago. I'm guessing things have changed since then. Please let me know.

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm personally way past the age of putting up posters on my bedroom walls. The only guys who would be interested in such posters are hardcore fans with real game rooms (or man caves, whatever you want to call them) where such posters make appropriate wall decorations. So I'm not exactly surprised that your posters are a tough sell. :)

• Like 1

I actually really like the idea of the poster, but as Pixelboy said I'm past the age of putting up a giant poster like this. The large size has something to do with it, and I think for me I wouldn't be as interested in a poster of an ad as I would be maybe a poster of an actual game box. Disney does these really cool 12" x 9" "mini attraction posters" which are a smaller size poster of their famous theme park attraction signs nicely matted. Maybe something like this for some of the more popular CV game boxes? Just trying to add my input...

I could see something more like this hanging in my office....

il_570xN.575700604_q7uy.jpg

mrdo.jpg

il_570xN.586122168_4w5a.jpg

• Like 1

The poster isn't bad. A flaw though is that there's a grid in the background that suggests distance yet I would think the ColecoVision products would be on the grid and would become smaller in size as you go from bottom to top. Hope that makes sense.

Anyways, I don't have room for another poster in my arcade. What I like to do is print out arcade flyers, put them in cheap picture frames that I get from the thrift store and then paint them with fluorescent spray paint which looks really cool under the black lights.

• Like 2

Well, to be perfectly honest, I'm personally way past the age of putting up posters on my bedroom walls. The only guys who would be interested in such posters are hardcore fans with real game rooms (or man caves, whatever you want to call them) where such posters make appropriate wall decorations. So I'm not exactly surprised that your posters are a tough sell. :)

True this.

My suggestion would've been to bring the poster into the current era and add the Super Game Module and CollectorVision's Arcade Controller into the mix.

I, too, love the posters that you have made as well as the repro flyers from the Press Kits, but I just don't have a place to hang/display them.

I kinda like Phatty's idea or better yet, a large poster of all the legacy cart labels together as well as all the Homebrew cart labels... but I probably still wouldn't be a buyer for reasons mentioned above.

Thanks guys for all your input. It's been very eye opening.

It looks like most just are not interested in large prints.

I could do smaller, but I just assumed that most would print their own once you get down to 12" x 9" or 11" x 8-1/2" since that is practically the same size. On a wall no one would notice the size difference.

I guess I will look into arcade marquess, control panels, and side art reproduction. I've got to find a use for this 42 inch wide printer somehow. :)

I like to collect artwork and small items to display throughout my basement where I have my arcade machines. I've been looking for framed artwork that reflects certain manufacturers that I fancy - A simple coleco, atari, nintendo, bally/midway, etc framed posters would be cool. I guess it might be equal to those guys who have garages and have car manufacturer logos everywhere?

I love the size of the large prints and I have the room to display them. But I would also prefer the box art or maybe just the art of the game like we see on the sides of real arcade machines. It would look awesome to just have the art of let's say Venture and have the logo on top.

• 2 weeks later...

534a28c1c7f5badc41950c0c76fe1a54.jpg

Print 20" X 30"s of this and you may get some takers!

Heck, I'll at least print this for myself. :-D

However, I doubt it would get anymore then 1 or 2 takers. Plus I would need a better image so I can blow it up to 20" x 30".

• 2 months later...