IGNORED

Video Signal Is Going Out On My 130XE

The video signal on my 130XE is apparently degrading. There is a distinct horizontal "bar," which takes up about a third of the screen vertically, that scrolls slowly up the screen distorting both the image and the color. I get the same problem with using a cartridge, booting to Basic, or loading from my floppy drive. I've switched the original composite cable with an S-video cable...same problem. It's not the monitor because my TI 99/4a looks just fine on it. I suspect that either the chroma or luma components are degrading, but I don't know for sure. Anyone got any troubleshooting tips or, better yet, solutions? I fear that I will end up trying to find a reasonably priced 130XE on eBay to replace it, but that's not my first choice. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Check your power supply. It could be a diode starting to short, and / or a filter cap going bad which is allowing an AC ripple into the 5VDC output.

If you have an Ingot style power supply get rid of it now and replace it with a non Ingot style supply. You could damage your computer if you continue to use the Ingot.

Best also describes them as "Boat anchors." http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/power%20guide.htm#XL/XE

• Like 1

• 1 month later...