IGNORED

NES Audio - Constant Buzz -- Help!

My NES is being stupid. :mad: When I try to hook it up to play, I cannot get the game audio, only a constant, obnoxious buzzing. I've tried hooking it up using different cables... I've tried connecting it to different TVs... I've tried using the RF thingy which didn't work, then I tried the back up RF thingy I have which also didn't work... then I tried using the red/white cables which didn't work, then I tried the back up red/white cables which also didn't work. Everything else seems to be functioning normally, just no audio....and who can play with no audio?

I don't want to buy a new system. I've had this one for almsot 30 years and I want it to work. If anyone has any suggestions, or knows of someone I can send it to have it repaired, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks! ;-)

Something is going on on the motherboard. Like scooby said, maybe a bad cap. Maybe a loose solder connection. Maybe the audio chip died. Only thing you can do is pop the board out and visually inspect it, going from the audio-out jack, and working your way backwards.