IGNORED

Very Late Very Sorry... not much time

For those of you whom have felt I have abandoned you or dumped out on deals etc.....

I will still be posting What I can of Rocklan Corps Source files dumps and unreleased game... as promised

I dissappeared as I have a stage 4 lump in my chest and have other problems associated with it.......

My children have limited knowledge of the Atari and will need nurse made help with the project if I don't make it.

They will need help with S-100 computer user config and hardware hand holding as welll...

If I can't be there be nice to them... they won't know what is legit and what is just downloaded crap on the s-100's hard drive...8-inch disks or the 51/4 inch Atari disks and related drives some one will have to sift thru it with them... all contingant on getting the drive fully functional again any way, it really should be dumped to another drive before it fails completely. I asked them to keep all hardware until software is all released. First the 800 line then the 5200 line then the VCS line in that order I don't recall much... after that comes the ti and apple stuff...

If the hard drive card doesn't get configured and the adapter card doesn't get replace it won't matter much in any event.

I do have Rockball pretty much ready.... but I may have forgotten something. Enjoy!

Flash Jazz Cat your the best feel free to modify/complete or delegate whatever it is I uploaded to responsible parties to share with the community

The same goes for Sheddy, Jacubus, Harvey, Paul at Playsoft.. and the crew you know who you are!

If you still have things I need to accomplish the goal I will be eternally grateful (no Pun intended)

If you still have stuff you need me to deal with like purchases I committed to please e-mail me I will double check and see what can be done

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 8

Your health is more important than some games. Contingency plans are all well and good, but work on getting better. If the worst does happen I'm sure the community will help out where they can and get this stuff released.

• Like 3

I dissappeared as I have a stage 4 lump in my chest and have other problems associated with it......

Man... all the other things you wrote I simply skipped. What a terrible news. I wish you all the best, and I hope for some miracles in your situation.

I'm pretty sure thing will work out here. Atari is a hobby, and although it's very important for some people, I am convinced that everybody here understands that this is way more important.

I find it brave that you came here and wrote so much about your personal health situation and the way you are trying to fix things.

Good luck with everything!

Greetz

Marius

• Like 4

Doc, you focus on YOU....Nothing else...

You already have too much stress don't add to it out of the wrong emtions, people WILL understand, all we want is you better or giving it your best shot..

This is you and family time, use it...

Paul..

Edited by Mclaneinc

Doc,

As others have said - best of luck with your health - Hope there is something the real Doctor can do.

In a situation like this it might be helpful to designate a contact for anyone to reach out should it be necessary. Someone you trust that could handle things should you not be able to. I would simply write the user name down along with your credentials on this site.

After that I would focus on your health and family and when the time is right return here.

Man... all the other things you wrote I simply skipped.

Yeah, what he said. I guess different people cope in different ways, but reading your plans for having your kids make good on some perceived commitment you have to the Atari community kinda freaked me out. A little advice if you care to hear it. Don't you waste a single moment of what might be little time left worrying about who here thinks you owe them what.

• Like 1

Hopefully you can beat the cancer, but in the case that you can't; may you go in peace and love. I don't know you, but from the sounds of it you have contributed to the enrichment of others here and many others too no doubt in many different ways. That's what life should be all about. Anyway, don't give up. It's not over until it's over, and odds can and are overcome!

• Like 2

We all often remember good old friends.

It's a fact!

Another fact is that being Atarians we have overcome our microcosm and now we all a part of macrocosm.

For example...

Being a student I've met one time Academics Flyorov and Peterzhak... And now I often remember them both.

More then 40 years after.

They never thought about it, of course...

Be aware that a croud in the world are prying for your health.

And me too.

Compupro S-100, ADDS+ terminal, two 8"floppy(compupro)high density, hard drive, Atari 800, +critical connection for remote control of and also loading/writing of atr virtual disks, various hardware attached via ribbon cables and serial ports :), rom simulator for on the fly coding of running cartridges plugged in whatever machine is being coded for, just send the update when you know that part of the code is not executing and you see the change the next cycle.

all that is running fine, one of the 8 inch drives are down the other is buggy and not the same density, and we already know the hard drives plight. I am missing my M drive card, and did manage to replace the stolen/lost gtek programmers (One for the S-100 one for the 800), a decent amount of memory with cp/m, shell. extension etc.

I am getting what I can off the 8 inch and sending to the 800 and then taking that disk from the shop to the house and doing whatever I need to make it run on a 130XE with pbi devices attached then letting sio2pc and ape have their way with it....to send it here.

I was going to put both BBS's back up and release everything thru there and then at a later date release a compilation on Atari Age, It would have truely made the BBS experience real again, checking for new warez and downloading them via telnet or phone! but I may not have time and did not get what I needed to do it so I am doing what I can and hope to make some happiness in the mean time. :)

and for a real blast I ran into some 5 1/4 inch hard sectored disks, timing hole bonanza! Atari drives get all confused when you put one of these in!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

We should make a video of it serving the 800 at warp old school style. The predecessor to APE et al.... I still like the bonus that the 800 can control the s-100 and vice versa. Although with how close the two sit together now It's more of a parlor trick...

I have a stage 4 lump in my chest and have other problems associated with it.......

My children have limited knowledge of the Atari and will need nurse made help with the project if I don't make it.

They will need help with S-100 computer user config and hardware hand holding as welll...

If I can't be there be nice to them... .

My God, man, I hope you live... that sucks beyond anything sucking. I have no real experience in these matters, but I do remember reading about a guy with your diagnosis, who had always lived a clean life... he started drinking whiskey daily, chain-smoking cigars, and took skydiving lessons, and I guess that the whole thing was such a shock to his system that he was able to pull out of it. The only thing that I know to tell you is to not trust doctors... they simply exist nowadays to prescribe more & more & more pills, and then more & more pills to treat the side effects, until they finally finish you off. They did my Mum in that way.

Your post really shook me up, right on the tail end of the guy, Nick Marsh, from the band, "Flesh For Lulu", and of course, Tony Iommi, struggling now, for so long. I hope you beat it, dude.

What an unthinkable problem; I'm so sorry. I'm raising a mug of Guinness to you, right now. You're in my prayers.

• Like 2

No, I don't recommend the sky diving or cigar chewing / whisky... :)

I had throat cancer when I was a lot younger and I went to pieces, I was sure it was going to be terminal because we have cancer in the family on my mothers side, all the men were also called Paul and all died and in those days cancer was not very treatable but I was given the all clear after treatment, it taught me not to fear death and to use the time wisely, Doc has shown an exemplary and amazing emotional grace, he's getting his house in order just in case (but reading it again it seems he may have been told otherwise, in which he's an even stronger man).

I'm not religious but in cases like this I'd love to be proven wrong and find out there's someone looking after you up there, I really would!

Thank you for all that you have done for the community and people, even at this sad time still giving, it's the mark of a wonderful considerate and caring person.

Be strong, stranger things have been known to happen...

Paul...

And no one is ever gone if the worst should happen, see the middle line of my sig but lets not stop hoping and trying..

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 2

Good luck getting beyond this, either way but with a strong preference for the one that will have you show your retro goodies to your grandchildren.

Care about yourself first now and afaik there is enough time between therapies to spend with your loved ones just in case.

I have seen colleagues emerge from this plight unscathed so there is hope as strong as our hope to escape the ordeal ahead of you.

All the best!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words, hopefully there will be many more 'good days' than bad... money time and life are conspiring against this but I have to believe it's going to turn around and get better. Food choices are tough, but surprisingly better than expected. It's probably tougher some ways on the family than it is on me at this point, no way they can understand. It will take time... I just need the energy. Thanks for the prayers good thoughts anything that you do, It all has to help.... mind over matter... sheer will. If it's positive it's got to be helping!

Hope to get back to doing something constructive!

-J

• Like 5

• 1 month later...