IGNORED

OFFICIAL Reservation Thread for Hover Bovver

You are right, it should not be a criticism of Elektronite. As far as I know Classic Game Publishers and Elektronite only released 1 title where the low serials were sold at a higher cost. William no longer wanted to track serials in that manner and stopped that practice.

The rest of the titles that were sold at a higher cost were my doing. I do not mind keeping track of serial number sales. I bought and paid for the first 50 or 100 copies and sold them at what I wanted to sell them at as an independent seller and collector.

So, you're working as a reseller... and AA forum is your shop ?

Tim and I have had some discussions about adding 'value' to premium priced low serial numbers rather than simply a low number. They can include things such as clear shells, limited edition overlays and posters. Obviously, no promises and I'm not talking about specific titles.

No, you're right, it is NOT marketing tools :grin:

Low serials on a first come first served basis at the same cost can sometimes cause hard feelings. There can be a lot of people trying to lobby for lower numbers ahead of time. It is simply a number and means nothing. If low numbers are important to you, there is a higher price. If not, simply buy copy #178

No, you're right, it is NOT marketing tools neither ^^

Low serials on a first come first served basis at the same cost can sometimes cause hard feelings. There can be a lot of people trying to lobby for lower numbers ahead of time. It is simply a number and means nothing. If low numbers are important to you, there is a higher price. If not, simply buy copy #178

Don't worry, if I do another Elektronite release, I won't be buying serial numbers for it.

I wonder what changed your mind about the so called marketing. First you had no problem to order the no. 1 and now you do as if it's the worst thing in the world.

I see no reason for me too to pay more a low number serial but your change of mind is quite surprising to me.

I wonder what changed your mind about the so called marketing. First you had no problem to order the no. 1 and now you do as if it's the worst thing in the world.

I see no reason for me too to pay more a low number serial but your change of mind is quite surprising to me.

I can understand you're surprised. Actually, it's easy to explain : I had ordered no1 for 200 included shipping cost.. and now, for a new one, I should have to pay 250 plus shipping cost ! What is the next ? Defender will be sold 500 for the number 1 and 250 for the number 178 ? I'm feeling like a cash cow and I'm sure I'm not the only one. And I don't want encourage this sort market anymore. And yes, you're right, I changed my mind ^^.

Edited by scalpel

if you arent willing to pay extra why do you think you should get a lower number? Do you have a problem with owning serial number 178? Otherwise there isnt even a purpose for serial numbers. Do you think you deserve a lower number so you can try to profit off of it? If you are a gamer then none of this should matter to you. If you are a collector you need to learn to buy in your price point and be happy. I know you want there to be only one game released a year and you want serial number one for no extra charge, but all your going to do is drive away the people producing these games. There is only so much complaining game producers can take. Then without them we have nothing. Then all our conversations on here will start with, "remember that time....."

I meant that, logistically, lower serial numbers shouldn't be higher in price, because there's not a damn thing different about the game or its packaging. The flaw is in the "logic" of thinking that lower numbers somehow equates to higher prices.

I know that you are no reseller cmart, in fact I know that you are damn generous to other collectors ;) So sorry if I mixed that up a bit, the part with the resellers went to people like Mjarnold and others, who build there collection buy hoarding and reselling.

Boy, you don't even know me ignorama........Hoarder? Far from it! I have one of every game....I have like 3 copies of additional games that I am currently selling....basically for what I paid for them. People whom I have dealt with in the past have all been happy (as far as they have told me), and that includes Rev, C-Mart, dz, and many others. In fact I recently sold a game that I had for quite a while, an offer was made that I felt was too high, so I countered with a lower price. Sorry for ripping off the Intellivision community.....

• Like 5

I meant that, logistically, lower serial numbers shouldn't be higher in price, because there's not a damn thing different about the game or its packaging. The flaw is in the "logic" of thinking that lower numbers somehow equates to higher prices.

How do logistics figure into this discussion?

There is only a flaw in the 'logic' if you think that numbers add NOTHING to the game. Why do you think people want serial numbers? Because they want low serial numbers, that is why.

Do you know how much hologram serial numbers cost? They aren't cheap. If people didn't care about serial numbers and they were not willing to pay extra for lower serial numbers nobody would DO serial numbers. You obviously don't care about serial numbers (or do you?)....so, pay for a regular priced copy #178 and quit complaining about the people who do.

• Like 1

I don't even need cable tv......I just watch the forums. Him and cmarts lovers quarrels is quite entertaining.

Yup!! cable TV doesn't have a chance with all the top notch entertainment we have been having here lately.. We had drama, action, love stories, space adventures, tragedies, battles .... man is the list long.... just grab a beer, have a tune rock'n (playing Framton Comes Alive right now) and the adventure awaits on the intv aa forum...

Cheers let the show begin this Saturday night...

:) lol cheers

• Like 2

Yup!! cable TV doesn't have a chance with all the top notch entertainment we have been having here lately.. We had drama, action, love stories, space adventures, tragedies, battles .... man is the list long.... just grab a beer, have a tune rock'n (playing Framton Comes Alive right now) and the adventure awaits on the intv aa forum...

Cheers let the show begin this Saturday night...

:) lol cheers

Good LP, I am actually playing a bunch of vinyl tonight AND drinking a few beers....lol

• Like 4