IGNORED

OFFICIAL Reservation Thread for Hover Bovver

You mean, the boxes will be the same that were supposedly "destroyed"?

The boxes were destroyed. I posted earlier that I know for sure that new boxes will be printed, unsure about the rest of the items. The same artwork will probably be used for the new boxes.

The boxes were destroyed. I posted earlier that I know for sure that new boxes will be printed, unsure about the rest of the items. The same artwork will probably be used for the new boxes.

Sure. Sure. ;)

• Like 1

You know what? I think I want one. Your my first homebrew game ever....I'm excited! I can get #93 please.... Its my birth year. Now, does it come with box, overlay, etc,.? Like a complete game or no? Also, are those the only screen shots of the main game? I just wanted to know if I could see what the main gameplay looks like.

Edited by segasaturn

You know what? I think I want one. Your my first homebrew game ever....I'm excited! I can get #93 please.... Its my birth year. Now, does it come with box, overlay, etc,.? Like a complete game or no? Also, are those the only screen shots of the main game? I just wanted to know if I could see what the main gameplay looks like.

yes it is complete.

You mean, the boxes will be the same that were supposedly "destroyed"?

It is so fortunate that I can always rely on you to try and 'stir the pot' in one of my game threads.

Unlike the Christmas Carol boxes I trashed, I DO have pictures of the Hover Bovver destruction.

I DO apologize for not being able to show your game boxes in the garbage, but I had a lot to do on my exit from Canada.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the people who are actually interested in the details of this release:

Just to clarify what will happen with this game.

Almost all of the original Hover Bovver boxes were destroyed. I made 100 kits (1 assembled box, 1 flat box, 4 overlays) that I sold 70 something copies of. They are no longer available nor will they ever be again. They will remain a rare item for the people who supported me and defrayed the significant loss that I would have otherwise suffered on the printing.

There will be a new box. However, it will have the same FRONT as the original. The BACK, however, will be different.

1. It will have new screen shots that accurately display what the game graphics will look like.

2. It will have new copy on the back. I was never really happy with how it was and there was a typo.

3. It will have copyright information reflecting Llamasoft's ownership of the game and a Llamasoft logo.

4. It will have the programmer's name. (You don't think I would disrespect the programmer by releasing a box with someone else's name on the box did you?)

There will be an 'exchange service' for those who mail me their circuit board with 'Half Cut' on it. All it will cost is about $5 in postage and handling. The full game will be programmed on to the Half Cut cartridge. You are free however, to keep the Half Cut if you wish to have a 'souvenir'. It is up to you.

The game will be sold initially 'Cartridge only' and then NEVER be sold again in cartridge only format. This will give people who are interested in only playing the game a chance to buy the game at a discount.

We will NOT be selling manuals, boxes or overlays separately.

The overlays, cartridge sticker and manual cover will be identical to those intended for the aborted version. The manual was never written.

CIB sales will be serial numbered and be the ONLY way to get the game 'CIB'.

We expect to have the game done in six months, However, we might be a few months late. We want to make sure the game is well tested and bulletproof before it goes out.

• Like 2

Tim is the 'Executive Producer' and 100 copies is the entire amount that he has guaranteed sales of.

Obviously, if they don't sell, no more will be added.

Money is not being collected at this time. However, this reservation list gives an opportunity for people to get the serial number of their choice. I personally don't have patience with that. Boulder Dash® was sold 'first come first served' as far as serial numbers go.

And, no, after the 100 sell out there will be no cart only release.

The cartridge only release will be for a limited time BEFORE the CIB versions go out. Price is to be determined.

Once this limited time is up, the game will only be sold CIB if it is sold.

Jason, If you want a CIB copy, reserve your copy here. Otherwise, if a pseudo complete version with a 'Half Cut" box and overlays is good enough for you, buy the cartridge only or upgrade your half cut.

To be clear, NO MANUALS, overlays or boxes will be sold separately. You aren't going to be able to piece together a franken CIB of Hover Bovver.

I guess if you want to make your own manual, you are welcome to.

Rev: Yes, it is in the plans now to sell cartridge only versions of the game a few weeks before the CIB release. Once that sale is over, you will NEVER be able to buy it loose again. The CIB of 100 copies will happen regardless of how many cartridge sales there are. If these 100 CIB don't sell out, well, why would I add more copies? I'm not going to compete with Tim when he's already purchased them.

Hmm considering I don't even own an Intellivision yet I may get one or two of this game . I am wondering how the controls are in this game ? Maybe if I got an intellivison 2 where I could plug in a different controller ... probably only that really expensive arcade one made by someone here . I hate the discs of doom . Decisions ... lots of money ... decisions ... $$$$$