IGNORED

Tandy emulation

Mangia-Boy

XRoar seems like a solid, cross-platform emulator for the Coco and Dragon micros. I prefer this to MESS but having to configure the machine/config in either via the command-line (or batch/shell-script), I find archaic. It's for this reason, I prefer using VCC. I don't use Coco/Dragon emulation extensively though, so any crashes I've experienced have been few and far between.

Xroar is still being updated on a fairly regular basis. The latest update was only weeks ago.

It's worth trying all 3 to see which you feel most comfortable using.

• Like 1

XRoar seems like a solid, cross-platform emulator for the Coco and Dragon micros. I prefer this to MESS but having to configure the machine/config in either via the command-line (or batch/shell-script), I find archaic. It's for this reason, I prefer using VCC

Xroar lets you change the machine with point and click -- I just did it.

Xroar lets you change the machine with point and click -- I just did it.

On a Mac, I've been starting XRoar via different shell scripts, depending on the machine config I require; otherwise it doesn't see the ROM files required to operate correctly.

I can also switch machine-types from a drop-down menu but Batch-file or Shell-script is how the documentation recommends the program be initialised.

I'd prefer it to take a default config, boot to "a" micro emulator (pick one, any one) and allow me to save an .ini file for each configuration.

As it stands, I have one shell-script to start with a Dragon32 sans DOS, Dragon32 with DOS, then the same for Dragon64, Coco and NTSC Coco.

At least with VCC, once it's configured, it stays that way until the next time it is changed.