IGNORED

Any Reason to Get a Second CDi controller?

So i'm pondering dropping some cash on a splitter and second controller for my CDi. At this point, I have most of the good games for the system and i'm not sure if any of them are two player. Even the 1 or 2 games I have that are two player seem to be alternating turns which require only one controller.

Does anyone happen to play two player CDi and know what games support two player simultaneous, or alternating with two player? Is it even worth bothering? If there are even three decent two player games I'm all for it. There doesn't seem to be a definitive list anywhere or much information that I can find; so i need some resident CDi expert input.

Thanks!!

It's too bad there were some missed two played opportunities on CDi. Mutant City Rampage would have been great, as would have Tetris and the Apprentice.

I guess I'm wondering what co-op games exist. For example Video Speedway is 1-5 players but its alternating. If I had to guess I'd say the shooting games are two paler simultaneous. Like Mad dog Mcree and the mystic midway games.

I have a large selection of CD-i titles, but honestly can't remember many off-hand that were simultaneous two player. I do remember that I have two versions of the excellent CD-i tennis game. The original only supported one player, while the second supported two.

• Like 1

I've been looking trough my stack of about 87 cd-i games, and the only games that support 2 player simultaneous are:

International Tennis 2 player edition

Micromachines

Pac-Panic

Solar Crusade

Guess that two player gaming with micromachines and pac-panic is great, international tennis i don't know, and solar crusade is very expensive.

So i guess it's worth only if you can get it cheap. What you could do, is to buy the 2 different versions of the gamepad that are available, so you can switch between the 2 controllers, depending on what gamepad fits you're hands better.

• Like 1

Thanks guys! This was very helpful!! Its good to know which games are 2 up co-op

Realistically I should grab a second controller anyway, it never hurts to have one if my only controller decides to break on me. I really like the 3 button CDI controller....very ergonomic. If only it had a PAUSE button...lol.

The CDi gets made fun of a lot but I've got a soft spot for mine already and it will be in my collection forever.

Edited by travistouchdown

One good reason to try getting a second controller would be to be able to play games that aren't as easy with the others :D

Mad Dog Mc Cree is playable with all the CD-i controllers (congrats to the programmers, but for it, a trackball is definitively better than a pad, and the gun is a must have.

I like the CD-i. I have a soft spot for systems that where the underdog.

My collection of CD-i stuff contains:

1x Philips CD-i 450

1x Magnavox CD-i 550

1x Philips CD-i 470

1x Philips CD-i 210

1x Phiips CD-i 220

1x 22ER9011 CD-i mouse

1x 22ER9012 Kids Roller Controller

1x 22ER9013 CD-i Trackerball

1x 22ER9017 CD-i Touchpad (Gravis Gamepad)

2x 22ER9021 CD-i Gamepad

1x 22ER9020 Peachkeaper Gun

1x 22ER9042 CD-i KeyControl

1x 22ER9051 CD-i Thumbstick

1x 22ER9055 Cd-i Commander

All cd-i players have a dvc installed.

Plus the games 78 in total. (87 was a typo).

So you can say that i'm addicted.

• Like 1