IGNORED

Air Raid on eBay UK

codemonkey1980

Hi there :) long time lurker here. Finally decided to sign up when I came here today looking to see what people thought of this:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2915013166301?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=291501316630&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

This is not my own listing, nor do I know anything about it, I stumbled across it last night during my daily 2600 search on eBay (the Atari system I collect for).

Edited by codemonkey1980
  • Like 2

No disrespect if this is a geniune listing, but yeah I thought it seemed a bit off. I'm no expert on Atari / collecting, but I knew enough to recognise AR as one of the rarest titles that sells for huge amounts of money. I regulary search eBay UK for the common titles I had back in the 80's and can't say I'd ever seen anything like this pop up before, I was only looking out for a CIB Crystal Castles / Slot Racers!

I am not an expert, but everything looks right to me. I am a bit skeptical that another boxed copy has been found. Looks right, but very surprising.

Looks real to me (Jose brought one of his boxed copies over to my house), too bad it's a zero feedback seller who says he is selling many games, yet it is the only listing. Even the dent in the plastic tray matches the dent in the box. Too bad the manual is missing.

I wonder if he bothered to even check if the manual is maybe inside the inner paperbox under the plastic tray.

This is where the manual was hidden on the cib copy and the seller didn't even know about it for awhile.

This was the first thing that occurred to me when I saw this :)

• Like 1

Very peculiar... it's hard to argue it could be a repro, although it's a bit peculiar that the only out of focus photo is the one of the back of the box.

Part of the back is visible in some of the other photo's. In that cart end view, it looks like the camera actually focused on the box instead of the cart. I don't see anything in the photo's that raise suspicion. There are so few of these around, that it's not even likely that he has stolen the photo's. The bigest concern I see is the zero feedback.

Anyone live in the area that could help verify it's authenticity?

• Like 1

Blackpool. I know the area. Intriguing. It was the same area that my mate Jon found the NES Exploding Fist prototype about ten years ago.

If the price stays lowish, I might be tempted to bid anyhow heh...

Are you close enough to contact the dude and see about checking it out to see if it's legit?

The auction appears to be a fake. The images and quote are from the one that sold on eBay on October 29, 2012.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281011192303?rmvSB=true

This auction is fake...trust me......like Deus says, this is the one that was sold back in October 2012....so buyer beware.

I had thought that box crushing looked very similar to the 3rd found boxed copy :(

It could be coincidence but now I also question the op of this thread and his possible relation to this whole thing...

He joined 2 days ago, he also is in the uk, he says he is a longtime lurker, but this to me could mean he has sat back bidding his time with these old photos and listing info waiting to run this scam.

Just all seems a bit strange to me a brand new AA user from the uk, pointing us at a bogus, 0 feedback sellers item from the uk.....? Something stinks....

• Like 2

I had thought that box crushing looked very similar to the 3rd found boxed copy :(

It could be coincidence but now I also question the op of this thread and his possible relation to this whole thing...

He joined 2 days ago, he also is in the uk, he says he is a longtime lurker, but this to me could mean he has sat back bidding his time with these old photos and listing info waiting to run this scam.

Just all seems a bit strange to me a brand new AA user from the uk, pointing us at a bogus, 0 feedback sellers item from the uk.....? Something stinks....

Not to help start a witch hunt or anything but I kinda see where you are coming from.

• Like 1