IGNORED

Sprite limits?

Retro Lord

Haha, sweet =) Let's be rivals! I'm going to do a SF2 game to, or atleast try to, the fighting engine is simple enough to pull off, just the sprites that are hard as nails to do I think. I'm sticking to the one button. Just gotta figure out how do fit Hadoukens in there.

Here's my take on Ryu's profile

Namnloumls2_zpsitdx14lk.png

Edited by Retro Lord
  • Like 1

You'r right. I should use DPC+

Zangief:

zangief_zpsbnssh1rv.png

Choose between Ryu, Ken or Zangief.

Push left or right to select characters, you can't go past Ryu and you can't go past Zangief. Push the button to start the fight.

Zangief is much wider then Ken or Ryu

Since it's such a limited amount of moves I'm thinking of doing a rock-paper-scissor kind of system.

If your opponent does a sweep kick, do a jump attack

if your opponent does a punch do a sweep kick

And the special just steamrolls over all those.

Demo : Street Brawler 0.01.bin

Source : default.bas

Edited by Retro Lord
  • Like 2

I'm going to have to use DPC+ for this one. I don't mind friendly rivalry as long as it gets games made! I'm not out to prove anything, really. I'm just having a great time!

To do Hadokens I would set each direction to a variable and then use something like...

if a=5 && b=5 && c=5 then HAAADOOOOKEN

Yeah, exacactly like that... :-D

:thumbsup:

• Like 1

I'm glad I decided to roll with this project, it's just at my humble skill level. Progress so far: Player1 and player2 can now select their individual characters and do stuff in the level. Pretty neat. Only hard part is remembering all the counters so I don't use them more then once, haha XD

Yeah..I keep stealing my wife's college notebooks by accident. I'm filling in stuff and then she comes up and says "Do you know where my purple notebook is?". I look down and, sure enough, I have her purple notebook. She then hands me my orange one like I'm a kindergartener and I tear out whatever I was working on and stuff it in there. I scribble stuff down a lot and also copy and past my entire code into notepad every time I make a big change. I then add little numbers to each changed code so if I run into a big snag I can revert to the last working code.

I'm interested in making this work. I may just forgo the close-ups to conserve RAM from the get go. If I get the moves and movement animation plugged in and still have room then I may come up with some face shots.

FUN! :ahoy:

Here's what I got done tonight. Pressing start at the title screen takes you to a selection menu. There are four different characters and Ken and Ryu are placeholders for the rest. No play yet, just the select menu. Pressing right cycles through the characters.

I love Sakura!! :love: :lust: :o

I call my game "Street Fight World"

SFW.bin

Edited by Papa

This demo features:

Select Between Kyu, Ren and Zergief with player1 and player2 joysticks, when you have decided player1 pushes the button to start.

Fight controls:

Down = Sweep attack

Up = Jump attack

Button = Standing attack

Player 2's lifebar decreases when a hit lands.

That's about all the features I've implemented so far. I have mostly been focusing on getting the character select and having the animation of the characters work correctly.

DOWNLOAD - Street Brawler 0.0.2.bin

I'm experimenting with const pfrowheight and I understand it shrinks things down, making things look way better. But I still can't get taller playfields then 10. What do I need to add more? Do I need to enable the Superchip RAM? And no, I don't want to use DPC+, not yet atleast. I'm not ready for the big leagues yet.

Here's my latest. I've added more characters. I'm thinking of having a story mode with drone badguys with the vs characters as level bosses and a versus mode. I halved the playfield resolution to get some more memory and am preparing to set up the actual game.

SFW02.bin

As for higher resolution without DPC. You can go up to 12 lines in standard with 11 visible.

Here are my nicknames to avoid getting my nuts put into a guillotine...

Ryu = Way

Ken = Edge

Sakura = Cherry (or Blossom)

Zangief = Bear

Blanka = White

Chun Li = Lotus

• 2 weeks later...

Isn't the Sega pad code currently only for one controller? I was going to implement it but then was like, waaaiiiit a minuuuuute!! (*brakes screetching). I guess if you use INPT3{7} it's the second paddle button. I don't know if anyone ever got that tested. Right now I'm using direction and button combinations, but may make a second version that uses Sega pads if I can get two to work at the same time.

Nice colors, btw!