IGNORED

Macintosh 128K

So I have a Macintosh 128K coming (no keyboard, no mouse and ouch looks like they'll cost me more than it did!). I prefer the Atari 8-bit line and own like 8 or 9 Atari 8-bit computers but... is there an active community for this line of Apple computers? Any hardware/software development? Or should I just retire it to a closet with my TRS-80 as a conversation piece whenever I end up buying a house?

The only reason I have this is because NO ONE else bid on it on shopgoodwill, I bid 14$ and no one else bid heh. Just seeing if it's worth coughing up the money for a keyboard and mouse. This thing set me back 40 shipped sans mouse and keyboard, looking at ebay I'm looking at about 24$ EACH for a keyboard and mouse.

128K Macs are pretty useless (they were back in the day too), but they're collectors items as people generally want 'The original' when they collect Macs. If you can find a mouse and keyboard cheap you could probably sell the bundle for much more than you paid.

128K Macs are pretty useless (they were back in the day too), but they're collectors items as people generally want 'The original' when they collect Macs. If you can find a mouse and keyboard cheap you could probably sell the bundle for much more than you paid.

Right, so it can sit with my Commodore Plus/4, ha!