IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

• 2 weeks later...

What happens? Maybe you need to install libSDL.

CoolCV cannot be opened because of a problem

Check with the developer to make sure CoolCV works with this version of macOS. You may need to reinstall the application. Be sure to install any available updates for the application and macOS.

Check Report to see more detailed information and semd a report to Apple.

Here's the report:

Process: CoolCV [31637]

Path: /Applications/CoolCV.app/Contents/MacOS/CoolCV

Identifier: org.nanochess.CoolCV

Version: 0.6.3 (alpha)

Code Type: X86-64 (Native)

Parent Process: ??? [1]

Responsible: CoolCV [31637]

User ID: 501

Date/Time: 2016-11-20 08:44:20.926 -0700

OS Version: Mac OS X 10.12.1 (16B2555)

Report Version: 12

Anonymous UUID: 4D902C7B-0BA1-CA98-CF38-00463A9E2A33

Time Awake Since Boot: 830000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread: 0

Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)

Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Reason: DYLD, [0x1] Library missing

Application Specific Information:

dyld: launch, loading dependent libraries

Dyld Error Message:

Library not loaded: @rpath/SDL2.framework/Versions/A/SDL2

Referenced from: /Applications/CoolCV.app/Contents/MacOS/CoolCV

Reason: image not found

Binary Images:

0x100000000 - 0x10003afff +org.nanochess.CoolCV (0.6.3 - alpha) <BC5FC9E5-20CA-3794-BB26-3C8197501407> /Applications/CoolCV.app/Contents/MacOS/CoolCV

0x10ffea000 - 0x110027287 dyld (421.2) <13A9466A-2576-3ABB-AD9D-D6BC16439B8F> /usr/lib/dyld

0x7fffc344c000 - 0x7fffc345dff3 libz.1.dylib (67) <46E3FFA2-4328-327A-8D34-A03E20BFFB8E> /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib

Model: iMac14,2, BootROM IM142.0118.B13, 4 processors, Intel Core i5, 3.4 GHz, 8 GB, SMC 2.15f7

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M, PCIe, 2048 MB

Memory Module: BANK 0/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343531533641465238412D50422020

Memory Module: BANK 1/DIMM0, 4 GB, DDR3, 1600 MHz, 0x80AD, 0x484D54343531533641465238412D50422020

AirPort: spairport_wireless_card_type_airport_extreme (0x14E4, 0x111), Broadcom BCM43xx 1.0 (7.21.171.47.1a8)

Bluetooth: Version 5.0.1f7, 3 services, 27 devices, 1 incoming serial ports

Network Service: Ethernet, Ethernet, en0

Network Service: Wi-Fi, AirPort, en1

PCI Card: pci11c1,5901, IEEE 1394 Open HCI, Thunderbolt@190,0,0

PCI Card: Apple 57761-B0, Ethernet Controller, Thunderbolt@191,0,0

PCI Card: pci12d8,400e, USB Open Host Controller, Thunderbolt@194,0,0

PCI Card: pci12d8,400e, USB Open Host Controller, Thunderbolt@194,0,1

PCI Card: pci12d8,400f, USB Enhanced Host Controller, Thunderbolt@194,0,2

Serial ATA Device: APPLE HDD WD10EZES-40UFAA0, 1 TB

USB Device: USB 2.0 Bus

USB Device: Hub

USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Display)

USB Device: Apple Thunderbolt Display

USB Device: Display Audio

USB Device: USB 3.0 Bus

USB Device: Elements 107C

USB Device: USB3.0 Hub

USB Device: Pioneer external drive

USB Device: BRCM20702 Hub

USB Device: Bluetooth USB Host Controller

USB Device: FaceTime HD Camera (Built-in)

USB Device: USB2.0 Hub

USB Device: USB GamePad

Thunderbolt Bus: iMac, Apple Inc., 23.10

Thunderbolt Device: Thunderbolt Display, Apple Inc., 3, 26.2

looks like this is the problem:

Dyld Error Message:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-windows-and-raspberry/?p=3554469

"Not an idea of what's happening here, you could try to install the SDL2 library from here" https://www.libsdl.o...ownload-2.0.php

looks like this is the problem:

Dyld Error Message:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/240800-coolcv-emulator-for-mac-os-x-linux-windows-and-raspberry/?p=3554469

"Not an idea of what's happening here, you could try to install the SDL2 library from here" https://www.libsdl.o...ownload-2.0.php

Eureka! Thanks...it worked.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I also suggest that any .ini or config files generated by the emulator be saved in the emulator folder itself. Most emulators do this.

That would go against standard MacOS practice (stuffing preferences in ~/Library or perhaps ~/foo) and probably Linux practices, as well.

Is it typical on Windows to stuff configuration files alongside the executable (what I take you to mean by "the emulator folder")?

That would go against standard MacOS practice (stuffing preferences in ~/Library or perhaps ~/foo) and probably Linux practices, as well.

Is it typical on Windows to stuff configuration files alongside the executable (what I take you to mean by "the emulator folder")?

That does NOT go against Linux practices. Libraries go in /lib/ apparently on a Mac they put libraries in one's home folder (i.e. ~/Library/) which is silly. And I've noticed on a Mac of a friend of mine that Apple changes policy as to which directories you as a user may acces or not (even in your home dir). It is impossible to account for Apple users when one develops software.

And remember: a Mac resembles Linux in NOTHING! They share a common kernel, just like Android. The system works completely different.

P.S. Does CoolCV work on a Pi 1 yet?

Edited by MeneerJansen

That does NOT go against Linux practices. Libraries go in /lib/ apparently on a Mac they put libraries in one's home folder (i.e. ~/Library/) which is silly. [...] It is impossible to account for Apple users when one develops software.

I'm not talking about system-level libraries, but user-configuration files (per OP), which developers are encouraged to stuff into ~/Library/Preferences (or the like) on MacOS, ideally, or within an application-specific folder beneath ~/ ... I doubt that developers for other non-Windows platforms (*BSD, Linux, etc.) are encouraged to intermix per-user config files with system or (shared) application libraries and/or executables -- at least for multiuser environments.

Your final claim quoted above is nonsense.

And remember: a Mac resembles Linux in NOTHING! They share a common kernel, just like Android. The system works completely different.

Chill.

It was never suggested that they were the same or similar in regards to architecture (FWIW, they do not share a kernel, but that's entirely beside the point). The similarity suggested lies with software design that takes into account multiuser configurations; not much else.

Edited by mumbai

Most emulators in windows do it, in the emulator folder, yes. And the ones that don't are user-configurable.

I see. You were talking about .ini and other config files generated by CoolCV (at least originally). Wouldn't whatever CoolCV generates fall into the latter, "user-configurable" category? Else, why export external/visible configuration files at all?

Edited by mumbai

I see. You were talking about .ini and other config files generated by CoolCV (at least originally). Wouldn't whatever CoolCV generates fall into the latter, "user-configurable" category? Else, why export external/visible configuration files at all?

He meant, via a proper GUI which irks me as well that CoolCV doesn't have one. Look at zsnes at how it could be done nicely.

He meant, via a proper GUI which irks me as well that CoolCV doesn't have one.

Oscar spends his own personal time writing arguably the best CV emulator out there and all I'm seeing lately is people complaining that it doesn't quite fit their personal preferences. Perhaps maybe posts could be slightly more constructive and a little less demanding and rude? At least that's how they seem to come off to me. It would be nice to see everyone be just a little nicer to each other, especially when someone is doing a lot of work in their free time. I really hope everyone that uses CoolCV has donated to Oscar. (Instructions are in the readme file)

That being said, I think I'm going to go donate another $25 to his emulator fund since I use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And I want to support Oscar and his family, not criticize him for his fantastic work.

• Like 4

On another note, Oscar, have you considered adding F18A support?

Now this. THIS is a very good constructive piece of feedback. And not only do I feel like it would be a great feature that currently doesn't exist, but I'd also be willing to help fund it if Oscar would be for it and when he has time. Anyone with me to throw Oscar some extra bones to help fund F18a support?

Now this. THIS is a very good constructive piece of feedback. And not only do I feel like it would be a great feature that currently doesn't exist, but I'd also be willing to help fund it if Oscar would be for it and when he has time. Anyone with me to throw Oscar some extra bones to help fund F18a support?

if oscar want to add support for the f18a i will help you to fund this add on to coolcv

i use coolcv on my pi almost everyday so i have to give oscar a little extra for his work

Oscar spends his own personal time writing arguably the best CV emulator out there and you're complaining about minor issues or how it writes it's config files? Seriously? Here's an idea, instead of bitching and complaining how about playing and enjoying it and complimenting him on his hard work which he didn't have to do and you didn't have to pay for. I don't see you guys writing an emulator if you're so unhappy with it.

Going to go donate another $25 to his emulator fund since I use it EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. And I want to support Oscar and his family, not criticize him for his fantastic work.

Thanks for your donation!

I don't worry about critics, in fact some of these have improved CoolCV. I always read every praise, critics and suggestions ;)

I'm really sorry if sometimes I don't answer about if a feature will be implemented but given my limited time frame I cannot make promises or keep people waiting.

I've been proposed to implement F18A support some months ago but I don't had time yet to check it.

And also it's celebration time :) I'm certainly astonished of reaching 1100 downloads :party:

• Like 3

He meant, via a proper GUI which irks me as well that CoolCV doesn't have one. Look at zsnes at how it could be done nicely.

Seeing as a GUI might not happen for a while or at all, why not use a Universal Emulator Frontend? I have been using QuickPlay for years and have hundreds of emulators setup in it.

First and foremost, thank you so much for all the hard work on this emulator, I love it so far and looking forward to playing lot's of my favorite childhood games once I get everything working. Was hoping someone might have an idea why I'm running into some challenges trying to get a USB controller to work with CoolCV as part of a RetroPie installation. The hardware is a Raspberry Pi 3 and a Logitech F310 USB controller. I know I need to edit the coolcv_mapping.txt file as described in the RetroPie Wiki and I think I've get it set correctly, but what the codes I'm adding to the mapping file doesn't seem to be working in emulator. I pulled the SDL joystick codes using a Windows CoolCV install and one of the controllers and for reference, these are the codes I got for the controller (the section in the () is what coleco action I was hoping to map to the F310.)

A = JOY0_10 (Left Button)
B = JOY0_11 (Right Button)
X = JOY0_12 (Keypad 1)
Y = JOY0_13 (Keypad 2)
Dpad Up = JOY0_0 (Up)
Dpad Dn = JOY0_1 (Down)
Dpad Lt = JOY0_2 (Left)
Dpad Rt = JOY0_3 (Right)
Back = JOY0_5 (Pause)
Start = JOY0_4 (Exit)
Back + Start (Reset)
Lt Bump = JOY0_8 (Keypad 3)
Rt Bump = JOY0_9 (Keypad 4)

I've left most of the mapping file at the normal defaults and only tweaked the info for a few of the keys that I want so I can at least get a game running, play and exit the emulator from the controller. Here's my

current coolcv_mapping.txt file (I'm not including the whole file, just the key parts).

' CoolCV mappings for Colecovision controllers to keyboard and joystick
up_1 key1073741906 joy0_0
right_1 key1073741903 joy0_3
down_1 key1073741905 joy0_1
left_1 key1073741904 joy0_2
left_button_1 key32 joy0_10
right_button_1 key109 joy0_11
button3_1 key1073741939
button4_1 key1073741939
key1_1 key49 joy0_12
key2_1 key50 joy0_13
key3_1 key51
key4_1 key52
​...
key_exit key1073741939 joy0_4
key_pause key1073741884 joy0_5
key_reset key8 joy0_4 joy0_5

Right now I have the mapping file both in /home/pi/ and /home/pi/RetroPie/configs/coleco directories but none of the controls I've set are working. I can't get any keypad input (I can still start a game with a keyboard by pushing the related # key), the left analog stick does move the character Left/Right/Up/Down correctly (D-Pad doesn't do anything) and the only buttons on the controller that do anything are the X/Y which move the character Left and Right respectively.

Anyone have any thoughts on what I might be missing, it's gotta be something stupid...

Edited by Meatball