IGNORED

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

nanochess

I would be very interested in Fairchild Channel F emulator for RetroPie! any chance of seeing Bally emulator as well?

I just updated my 3.2 package on the website. It contains Channel F and all the other emulators I configured. I did not include CD images to keep the package small. Most emulators have at least one game so you can see it working.

Adding Bally AstroArcade (or is it Bally Professional Arcade) should be easy to add. I will work on it this week.

Keep in mind, all my configurations use the Ultimate Interface. Speaking of this... I am hoping we add support for the Channel F controller.

And back on topic, hopefully, CoolCV will see updated controller config to support the Adam Keyboard interface :) I must be patient.

CoolCV runs on the Pi 1. I believe the performance is not that good though hence why I include AdamEM in my configuration. Give CoolCV a try on the Pi 1. Nanochess has not indicated that his next release will include performance enhancements..maybe it will but I am hoping for the keyboard mapping :)

I believe he already worked on performance. Maybe Nanochess will chime in on this but you testing it is the best way to know as it saves Nanochess time....to work on the keyboard mapping.

CoolCV runs on the Pi 1. I believe the performance is not that good though hence why I include AdamEM in my configuration. Give CoolCV a try on the Pi 1. Nanochess has not indicated that his next release will include performance enhancements..maybe it will but I am hoping for the keyboard mapping :)

I believe he already worked on performance. Maybe Nanochess will chime in on this but you testing it is the best way to know as it saves Nanochess time....to work on the keyboard mapping.

Yep. For me personally AdemEm works acceptable on the Pi 1. But AdemEm is not available to everyone so I'm curious if I can recommend the Pi 1 yet to others for Colecovision classic gaming.

Yep. For me personally AdemEm works acceptable on the Pi 1. But AdemEm is not available to everyone so I'm curious if I can recommend the Pi 1 yet to others for Colecovision classic gaming.

I would think anyone that does not own a Raspberry but is willing to get one will buy the Raspberry 2. Either way, point them to the package I have for Retropie and they could get CoolCV or AdamEM from there. Maybe they will get an Ultimate Interface also :)

I'm having issues here. On Rpi2, I followed the instructions on the zip file.

Created the rom directory.

Dropped coolcv_pi in opt/retropie/emulators/coolcv

Made the emulators.cfg file and dropped it in opt/retropie/configs/colecovision

Placed BIOS in BIOS path (also in roms folder)

Edited es_systems.cfg to point to the correct paths

Set permissions and ran chmod +x on coolcv_pi

When I launch a game it will load to the generic coleco bios screen no matter what rom it is.

Yah, sorry

Here's the entry I placed in the es_systems.cfg

http://pastebin.com/Yip0zWER

And here's the runcommand entry in emulators.cfg

coolcv="/opt/retropie/emulators/coolcv/coolcv_pi -p /home/pi/RetroPie/BIOS -q %ROM%"

default="coolcv_pi"

Edit - I'm also using the romset from the colecovision rom project on this forum. I unzipped them and renamed them to have the .col extension.

Edited by Deeyou

I just noticed that Sammy Lightfoot is not playing in the emulator. I tested this ROM in Mugrat and it worked fine, but in CoolCV on both OSX and the Pi it just goes to a black screen.

Thanks for reporting it! indeed it doesn't work.

I'll fix it as soon as possible :)

Any update on the dpad mapping? F7 doesn't report the input on rpi2/retropie.

I've tried numerous commands on the directional input in tje coolcv_mapping.txt and as soon as the emulator launches it deletes them.

For example,

up_1 key1073741906joy0_0,0,0,1

Or

up_1 key1073741906joy0_h0up

Or

up_1 key1073741906joy0_0y+

Do not work

The button mappings bind fine when done manually, however.

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the dpad mapping? F7 doesn't report the input on rpi2/retropie.

I've tried numerous commands on the directional input in tje coolcv_mapping.txt and as soon as the emulator launches it deletes them.

For example,

up_1 key1073741906joy0_0,0,0,1

Or

up_1 key1073741906joy0_h0up

Or

up_1 key1073741906joy0_0y+

Do not work

The button mappings bind fine when done manually, however.

I'm going to check this as soon as possible.

Just uploaded CoolCV v0.6.4 with support for remapping the ADAM keyboard.

BTW, also included Raspberry version.

I hope to correct the bugs detected in a few weeks (in special Sammy Lightfoot and the pause bug that shows trash in window)

The Adam keyboard mappings are working beautifully! THANK YOU!!! I can now use my Adam keyboard with CoolCV with every key working perfectly!!!

• Like 1