nanochess

CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

If you're running Mac OS Catalina and are getting the "can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed" error, run this in terminal.

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Path-To/CoolCV.app

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ColecoJoe said:

If you're running Mac OS Catalina and are getting the "can’t be opened because the identity of the developer cannot be confirmed" error, run this in terminal.

sudo xattr -d com.apple.quarantine Path-To/CoolCV.app

Added your tip to the manual. Thanks!

• Like 1

Hey... I've seen the same problem asked a few times, but never answered over the years.  Hoping I'm missing something.

I restored an old cocktail arcade cabinet and all is perfect except with coolcv, my horizontal joystick axis is flipped (up/down is fine).  Because it's an axis and not a button, there's only one value to edit in coolcv_mapping.txt (see below) so I'm at a loss.  When I hit F7 for input Left shows 'joy0 axis1 32767', and Right is 'joy0 axis1 -32768' but entering those values for "left_1" or "right_1" doesn't work (and gets overwritten as 'key0' on saving).  I even tried putting a negative sign in front of "axis1" to no avail.  Any help on this would be hugely appreciated... missing my Pepper II and Burger Time  :(  

joystick_1_vert    joy0    axis0
joystick_1_horiz    joy0    axis1

Posted (edited)

I suppose you are this guy:

On 2/16/2018 at 1:43 PM, pvgmusic said:

I got this working on my Pi3.

But with the joystick setup I edited coolcv_mapping.txt.

I entered:

joystick_1_vert joy0 axis3
joystick_1_horiz joy0 axis0
joystick_2_vert joy1 axis3
joystick_2_horiz joy1 axis0

Up and down are ok
Left and right are swapped??

How can i fix this?

Greetings,

Pat

On 6/16/2020 at 7:34 PM, Siskel said:

Hey... I've seen the same problem asked a few times, but never answered over the years.  Hoping I'm missing something.

I restored an old cocktail arcade cabinet and all is perfect except with coolcv, my horizontal joystick axis is flipped (up/down is fine).  Because it's an axis and not a button, there's only one value to edit in coolcv_mapping.txt (see below) so I'm at a loss.  When I hit F7 for input Left shows 'joy0 axis1 32767', and Right is 'joy0 axis1 -32768' but entering those values for "left_1" or "right_1" doesn't work (and gets overwritten as 'key0' on saving).  I even tried putting a negative sign in front of "axis1" to no avail.  Any help on this would be hugely appreciated... missing my Pepper II and Burger Time  :(  

joystick_1_vert    joy0    axis0
joystick_1_horiz    joy0    axis1

I've added a "neg" setting to the "joystick_1_vert" and "joystick_1_horiz" lines, so you now can reverse directions, run CoolCV v0.6.8 one time (download at top), then just change the zero to one in "neg", and you should be running :)

BTW, sorry for taking so long. 😅

Edit: BTW2, OH MY! Currently I'm unable to compile the Pi version.

Edited by nanochess
  • Like 1

On 6/16/2020 at 11:18 PM, nanochess said:

I suppose you are this guy:

I've added a "neg" setting to the "joystick_1_vert" and "joystick_1_horiz" lines, so you now can reverse directions, run CoolCV v0.6.8 one time (download at top), then just change the zero to one in "neg", and you should be running :)

BTW, sorry for taking so long. 😅

Edit: BTW2, OH MY! Currently I'm unable to compile the Pi version.

Oh no!... Need the pi version but so-super appreciate the quick-effort!!!  I'll check back for when you work it out.  (Also... I'm not the other guy... just started this project a few weeks ago!)