IGNORED

Fantasy Zone: NES (Tengen) vs. Famicom (Sunsoft)

Which Nintendo-based version of Fantasy Zone do you prefer?

After going sorta TwinBee-crazy recently, I finally got around to picking up a copy of the Sunsoft cart that was released in Japan. It's interesting to compare it to the Tengen version we got in the US. My heart remains true to TwinBee (and Parodius) as far as "cute 'em ups" go. And I know the SMS version of FZ gets the most love, but if you've played both, which of the NES/Famicom Fantasy Zone ports do you most enjoy? Why's that?

Tough call. The Famicom version is more accurate and technically better, but slightly harder than the arcade game.

The NES version on the other hand has much better color choices and a better difficulty balance, but the enemy bases don't follow the background very well.

Edited by Raccoon Lad

The Famicom version is near the top of my want list but I've yet to find a copy at a good enough price w/ shipping from Japan to pick it up yet. Plus my gaming focus has shifted away from the Famicom for a bit so I haven't been looking all that much as of late. One of these days though.