IGNORED

Noorda Disk - What is it?

8BIT 1337

I've been going through my old Atari diskettes (which I had dumped to atr files a long time ago, but never really looked through) and I have come across half a dozen or so which are 'Noorda Disk'

I think it's some sort of menu system, but I can't seem to get an emulator to load them properly.

A quick Google search didn't reveal any information on what they are, so I thought I'd ask here.

What are they and how do I get them to load?

(FWIW, I'm pretty sure we were able to load these back when we just had the Atari 400. I did try a switch to OS-B and the 400/800 machine, but it still didn't load)

EDIT: Duh, I've uploaded a diskette so you can take a look if you're interested. The first file on the disk is 'Noorda D.isk' according to MyDos (5 sectors in size). And yes, it uses mixed case and has a space in it.

_M2.atr

Edited by 8BIT 1337
  • Like 2

Maybe they're not load/bootable disks. Try booting to a DOS disk and then swap one in and try to get a directory listing.

I'm 99.7% certain they are/were bootable, but seem to remember that there was something very specific about what you had to do to get them to boot, and I can't remember. Hoping somebody else does.

BTW: You can see the files on the disk no problem if I look at the disk in DOS. Which reminds me, I should attach one! I'll edit the original post.

Interesting programs and autorun.sys .. Boot with normal DOS2.5 diskette and swap with this one and load 'L' autorun.sys for disk menu of games.. By the way could you or would you post the other Noorda Disks you have..

post-10165-0-01024900-1438016292_thumb.png

Edited by rdea6
  • Like 1

Boots fine with atari800winplus 4.0 with OSB. Select each game using both digits ie 03 for seadragon

James

Well don't I feel stupid - yes it does for me too. I swear I tried that (and in Altirra) but obviously I must have been mistaken.