IGNORED

Just noticed something on the box art for Checkered Flag

sirlynxalot

Was looking at the box for Checkered Flag and noticed a detail for the first time that I never noticed before:

The left side of the guy's face is blocky like a polygonal model, but the right side is smooth and not blocky. What I noticed before noticing this, was that the left eye pupil is a square and the right side is round.

What's up with this! Is Atari trying to provide subtle commentary on something?? The relationship between man and machine?? Please post your theories below.

Checkered_Flag_-_Atari.jpg

Edited by sirlynxalot

Was looking at the box for Checkered Flag and noticed a detail for the first time that I never noticed before:

The left side of the guy's face is blocky like a polygonal model, but the right side is smooth and not blocky. What I noticed before noticing this, was that the left eye pupil is a square and the right side is round.

What's up with this! Is Atari trying to provide subtle commentary on something?? The relationship between man and machine?? Please post your theories below.

The picture is represents the intention of the developer and Atari: when you play Checkered Flag, the line that separates video games and reality becomes blurred. Lol.

If there's ONE thing Checkered Flag is particularly good at, it's bringing you back to cold, harsh reality - everytime you play it: it sucks big, hairy, dangly donkey balls...

• Like 10

Representation by Atari that Ray Kurzweil's singularity was achieved when AI racers in checkered flag became so good they attained consciousness? Of course this all had to be kept under wraps so that the foundations of society, religion, and international relations where not shaken to their very core. Even without the whole AI thing, the games producers realized that the gameplay alone would cause enough users to take their own lives, so there was no need to throw in an existential dilemma to boot.

• Like 2

Yes, what's funny with old AI (not controlled by evil UN through Internet) is that the longer you have the Jaguar on -- I talk days or even weeks here -- the AI selfconsciousness get so evolved that cars in CF actually turn into strong egoistic individuals while a few even evolve altruism. One car actually threw himself in front of me saving me from crashing into a rock! I slowed down to let him pass later to show him my respect. The same evolved AI in a game like DOOM is also fun to watch; when Imps gather in gangs in isolated places evolving democracy. It's one of the strongest sides to this hobby if you ask me.

In times like this when machines and games evolve AI, the only proper thing for humans to do is to turn into digital cyborgs: half human/half Jaguar.

Edited by Atlantis
  • Like 1