IGNORED

Soulbuster's Non-Variant List of Homebrew Games Released

I know this is not you FDR, but......without a box instructions and new overlays, this game will never count in my Homebrew collection. 59 and out!

Wolfy, you make it sound to be in the same boat as intvdave's recent releases for baseball and mystic castle, and his other pending releases. Those were (and will be) only board releases, so not even a complete cart, so do those count in your homebrew collection?

Wolfy, you make it sound to be in the same boat as intvdave's recent releases for baseball and mystic castle, and his other pending releases. Those were (and will be) only board releases, so not even a complete cart, so do those count in your homebrew collection?

I may at one point count them in MY Homebrew collection if I get a box,overlays,cart stickers and instruction book for them which may well happen.

Do i count them as part of an official Homebrew collection list? I don't think so due to the fact they are just modifications of already existing intellivision 125 games. Yea, I do say no on those,and even Blix! which I do have, and have a box, instructions and overlays for,it was released in a small quantity,at one location, and only as a cart.

How can a game programmed by Mattel Electronics in 1982 be a 'homebrew'?

That statement would remove:

Adventures of Tron

Blow out

Brickout

Choplifter

Deep Pockets

Flintstones

Game Factory

Hard hat

Illusions

King of the Mountain

Land Battle

League of Light

Lock N Chase

Magic Carousel

Mousr Trap

Mystic Castle

Number Jumble

Robot Rubble

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Scarfinger

Space Cadet

Spina the Bee

Super Chef BT

Super Pro Baseball

Super Pro Football

Super Pro Tennis

Yogi's Frustration

did I miss any that were programmed back in the day?

• Like 1

Multiple of the above mentioned list have had code changes. Some small. Some large. Those could be classified as 'hack' I guess. (I don't like that term)

Call it a 'mod'. But mods/hacks shouldn't be distributed with the original code without permission even more so when money is being collected. It is possible to distribute the mod separately and the end-user provides the original code.

In Soulbuster's list at post #356 'Ms Night Stalker' [, 'Takeover' and 'Space C*nt] can be added; and he probably meant 'Super NFL Football' rather than Super Pro Football.

Edited by mr_me

Call it a 'mod'. But mods/hacks shouldn't be distributed with the original code without permission even more so when money is being collected. It is possible to distribute the mod separately and the end-user provides the original code.

In Soulbuster's list at post #356 'Ms Night Stalker' [, 'Takeover' and 'Space C*nt] can be added; and he probably meant 'Super NFL Football' rather than Super Pro Football.

Yes you are right about Football.

Call them Post 2000 releases and everybody stop whining.

I actually think there is merit to this idea. Rather than calling everything released after INTV went under a "homebrew" there should be 2 categories:

Homebrew: Original programming for a game released post 125. Subsets could be rom and cart releases.

Post 125: Any altered, repaired or unreleased original programming from the 125 era.

That provides the proper recognization of and distinction between original era programming and its creators and for those who craft original games in the modern era.

• Like 1

Yes, unless you got the 'prototype' rom from Intellivision Productions it would be a bootleg of a prototype. If you have BCs Quest for Tires it would be a homebrew prototype but not a bootleg. 'Bootleg' could be applied to any category: original 125, prototypes, hacks/mods, homebrews.

And bootlegs. Don't forget, some where released "as is" without changing the ROM, directly from a T-Card.

The List could go on and on

Here Ill stir the pot again: :)

Because Really how could these go on a list when they were not a full PUBLIC release...

Private Releases (to the chosen ones);P

Low production releases(to everyone involved in and around game release) only 30 or so physical copies made..

Maybe these should/could be mentioned as a footnote on being made and released but really should not be place on a list that contains full releases to the general public...

I disagree with the whole attitude that, since deeper classifications are not perfect, then they are useless and best avoided. In order to be constructive and for the classifications to be truly useful, we need to distinguish between something like, say, Sydney Hunter and Robot Rubble -- one being a true home-brew, the others bootleg release of a prototype.

But this requires people to admit to themselves that their collections are a bit less than Kosher. It's OK, this is how it's done for any other collectible artefact, and it's fine. But have to get over the hang-up of calling everything a "home-brew," because it is not useful to collectors, programmers, nor publishers.

-dZ.

But this requires people to admit to themselves that their collections are a bit less than Kosher. It's OK, this is how it's done for any other collectible artefact, and it's fine. But have to get over the hang-up of calling everything a "home-brew," because it is not useful to collectors, programmers, nor publishers.

-dZ.

As long as there is no collective decisions on what truly belongs on any lists here, These conflicts on what belongs on what will occur.

Its all about the $$$$ what is put on a list.. Like if 124/125/126 list didn't have triple challenge on it the demand would be less, because people wouldn't need it to complete the original releases.. Because really its just a release of 3 single releases.. And Atari pac man wasn't added to it because its only title screen and packaging change release..(in my opinion it should be added)

What makes these lists "the lists" to go by and be pinned as the gospel of the intellivision collection and community..

Edited by m-crew