IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

This game was enjoyable. Must admit, before the competition I didn’t give it a chance. It’s really clever and addictive.

Did anyone ever discover source code or any history about this game?

I tried the kill yourself after the level is clear method as well. Didn’t have the patience as after 9pm my skillz started to fade.

Made it to level six with three guys left once or twice. They all died rapidly. Even after printing out a screen shot I wasn’t able to solve level six?

cc298136d4918ec82e3c80e88d61cae6.jpg

Does anyone have a L6 path they’d like to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This game was enjoyable. Must admit, before the competition I didn’t give it a chance. It’s really clever and addictive.

Did anyone ever discover source code or any history about this game?

I tried the kill yourself after the level is clear method as well. Didn’t have the patience as after 9pm my skillz started to fade.

Made it to level six with three guys left once or twice. They all died rapidly. Even after printing out a screen shot I wasn’t able to solve level six?

cc298136d4918ec82e3c80e88d61cae6.jpg

Does anyone have a L6 path they’d like to share?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'll try to post a video of the game play. I can go through usually all the way to level 7 without losing a life, but I have yet to master level 7.

i see Vorticon with 27450 as the top scorer. :)

Now honestly I did not expect that. I got lucky with Jedimatt not being able to play some more at the end.

So I guess I get to choose the next game, and it's going to be Demon Attack. I'm surprised it was not picked up before as I think it's really a great game. I am attaching a version of it with speech which is not common. It autoloads from XB. As for the prize, it will be a Navarone Widget :)

Good luck!

Demonatt.dsk

Edited by Vorticon
  • Like 4

So I guess I get to choose the next game, and it's going to be Demon Attack. I'm surprised it was not picked up before as I think it's really a great game. I am attaching a version of it with speech which is not common.

We have this version as a beta release in MAME ("demonatb"), the actual release being "demonat".

Why did they take out the speech?

• Like 1

We have this version as a beta release in MAME ("demonatb"), the actual release being "demonat".

Why did they take out the speech?

Maybe they had to trim it down in size to fit a cheaper cartridge? Marketing decision?

Please post file with speech, or is that already on the FinalGROM bundle?