IGNORED

Discovered a brochure in my father's stuff

BillyBaloney976

Wow. I never knew they even got to a mock up phase where they had started printing literature. This is one of the coolest Intellivision items I've ever seen!

And it makes one wonder if this mock-up (non functioning I'm sure) still exists?

I too would love high res images of this literature. They sure would make a great poster. ;)

Edited by pboland

Rev and I have already had discussions.

The proper way to scan this is to remove the staples that hold the brochure together and then over scan the images a little. This will allow from proper clean up and document reconstruction. If you are careful, you should be able to remove the staples, scan the documents and then put the original staples back in. I've done this many times with old brochures and magazines for good scans.

Edited by pboland

The proper way to scan this is to remove the staples that hold the brochure together and then over scan the images a little. This will allow from proper clean up and document reconstruction. If you are careful, you should be able to remove the staples, scan the documents and then put the original staples back in. I've done this many times with old brochures and magazines for good scans.

That's the plan. The laminate is thick enough to take a good cleaning before I scan them.

I'm sure there are far better photoshop wizards then I so my plan is to post high res scans after I clean them (ever so lightly).

I asked my dad about where the mockups may be and he said "New Jersey" so I wouldnt hold out any hope that they turn up.

That's the plan. The laminate is thick enough to take a good cleaning before I scan them.

I'm sure there are far better photoshop wizards then I so my plan is to post high res scans after I clean them (ever so lightly).

I asked my dad about where the mockups may be and he said "New Jersey" so I wouldnt hold out any hope that they turn up.

You have PM ?

Wait what????

Guys, correct me if I'm wrong, but ... there's so little evidence of anything on the III or IV - I don't think I've ever even SEEN screenshots from the III. Certainly not these? Or am I completely out to lunch? They match the description of what was demoed at the Jan 83 CES, which apparently were just regular Intellivision programs dedicated to producing fancy screens, but still. I've certainly not seen all of these before. Hell, I don't even remember seeing a mockup of the III. I'd put good money that it's just a painted wood prop, but still - that is absolutely amazing.

Goddamn. I bet even Keith would be interested in seeing this.

I emailed Keith about it, asking if he'd seen it before. Here's his reply:

"Sure, we have one and have posted images from that in the past. (Such as in the Intellivision History video on the Intellivision Lives! CD-ROM and console versions.)"

Huh. Seems like something that would have ended up on the site. Guess it's time to dig out the 15 year old consoles and see what else I've missed.

I only knew about Grid Shock and Treasure of the Yucatan. The other 'games' are new to me. I wonder if they were regular Intellivision games in development at the time (like Grid Shock) or were just pretty artwork they tried to pass off as games (like Treasue of the Yucatan).

Huh. Seems like something that would have ended up on the site. Guess it's time to dig out the 15 year old consoles and see what else I've missed.

Yeah thats what I thought too. I looked around but have only found one picture of a mockup:

post-2014-0-70714800-1306186940.jpg

Oh well, If its not that rare and Keith already has one scanned I may not take mine apart then.

Yeah thats what I thought too. I looked around but have only found one picture of a mockup:

post-2014-0-70714800-1306186940.jpg

Oh well, If its not that rare and Keith already has one scanned I may not take mine apart then.

Would you at least provide scans without taking it apart?

Its obvious that any previous existing copies of this catalog will not be publicly shared.

Thanks!