IGNORED

H.E.R.O

airsoftmodels

H.E.R.O. has got to be one of my favorite games for the 8 bit. I love the smoothness and the colors of the game. It also runs and looks great on the colecovision and 2600. I am sure this is not a high score but this is the best I can do.

Anyone else rank this as their favorite?

Level 10 56,170.

post-41061-0-21662600-1442679562_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Without question H.E.R.O. is my all time favorite Atari 2600 game. My best score is about 88,000. I believe I got to Level 12 or 13. I enjoythe 5200 and Colecovision versions. The 2600 version is the best in my opinion. The 2600 controller is the best controller to use for it and it actually controlls the character smoothly and precise. It's a bit slippery with the 5200 and decent with the Colecovision. The 2600 version has never aged and still provides a ton of enjoyment.

• Like 1

H.E.R.O is one of my favorite 8 Bit Game ever. I played on C=64 and Atari 2600, i can't remember the Score, but the was Level 25, on C=64 and 2600. On the Atari 8bit my max Level was around 22.

I don't have pic, but the next time i will do it.

• Like 1

i hate to say this, but H.E.R.O. would probably be a great mobile app game. (if they haven't made it already)

Play it on my PSP everyday. :) Best way to play it on the move. Hate to imagine what it would be like flying over the lava in later levels with a touchscreen.

Edited by Lord Innit
  • Like 1

i hate to say this, but H.E.R.O. would probably be a great mobile app game. (if they haven't made it already)

Well... good news..you can play on the mobile. If you have Android phone, Just install Droid800 or Atari800SDL for play Atari 8Bit version, or Droid2600 for Atari 2600 version, and if you want play Commodore 64 version, just install Frodo C64 or Vice64. ;-)

Edited by Drummerboy
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

12108199_1148565958504129_29680257874404

My current Colecovision score in an emulator, no save stating, using a wired PS3 third party controller. H.E.R.O. is one of my favorite games of all time. First played it on a friend's C64 and eventually bought it from him. Foolishly sold off with my C64 in 92. I am not a big fan of it on the 2600 as the 64 and CV versions to me look more RIGHT since that's the first way I played em.

(To be fair though I first played River Raid on a 2600 but now its basically A8 bit or nothing.)

A button for bombs is so good!