1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

If you want to confuse your drunk friends, slip them PAL super mario bros running on NTSC. It's hard to tell at first what's wrong. Mario feels like he's got ballbearings in his feet. It makes completing jumps and stuff a bit trickier.

Well, this is how we remember Mario in PAL countries, sadly...

I could say "your" Mario is hi, crazy on shroomz :P

I think the best part of this video was their top 5 Super Nt Highlight Styles:

1. Throb

2. Solid

3. Rolling

4. Flash

5. Swipe

(starts around 22 minutes)

I wonder if other reviewers will agree with this ordering.

I only use throb, so they got #1 right.

• Like 3

I didn't make it too far into that video linked a few posts back. I was already tired of hearing about electrons moving around and how much is wrong with software emulation. /shrugs Five minutes in and I had to stop listening to them.

It's Mike Matei, what did you expect?

"We live in an imperfect universe... Electrons are moving through reality..."

Jesus Christ...

Edited by snatcher1996
  • Like 2

I'm happy just discussing things here and I trust in kevtris. My only real concern, and I've mentioned it a few times already in this thread, is the cart fit when inserted. The NT Mini is very poor in terms of how a game fits. I hope they took the time to engineer this slot better than how the NT Mini was done.

Edited by F34R
  • Like 1

Here are two questions for Kevtris, I don't think have been asked yet:

I think I remember having read that the refresh rate of the NT Mini was set to mimick a real Nintendo's 60.0988 Hz when connected via the analogue output connector. Will the same be true for the Super NT, utilizing the upcoming DAC?

Are you even involved in its design?

Thanks

Edited by snatcher1996
  • Like 1

I think he is confused and guessing at the third party firmware. Some kind of assumption because the NT Mini firmware exists.

I'm pretty sure it is legit because that would be an insane claim to make without proof, it is the main selling point of the console for many, dare I say most, people. Also Kevtris has responded since then and he did not say they were incorrect which if it was a mistaken claim would definitely be something he would want to clear up asap.

As far as a jailbreak is concerned, I would be ecstatic just to have SD rom support for non-specialized chip games and the ability to dump carts onto the SD card like on the NT mini.

I hope that this functionality will be confirmed/denied soon because if it is never going to be possible then I need to buy a SD2SNES. I will be pissed if I buy one and then a jailbreak comes out afterwards.

As far as a jailbreak is concerned, I would be ecstatic just to have SD rom support for non-specialized chip games and the ability to dump carts onto the SD card like on the NT mini.

I hope that this functionality will be confirmed/denied soon because if it is never going to be possible then I need to buy a SD2SNES. I will be pissed if I buy one and then a jailbreak comes out afterwards.

I thought the same thing at first, but then I felt "entitled" in my own way I guess, in regards to having a jailbreak. I bought the sd2snes, or I would just buy the games I wanted. Now, if there is a jailbreak for it, then I can do some decent comparisons with a stock SNES, rgb jr. SNES, and the Super NT. :) Side by side at the same time. Otherwise, I can always still just do the comparisons individually, and put them together.

Kevtris, I just remembered my 8bitdo wireless reciever lights remain lit up and flashing when the NT mini is powered off. Because of this I used stock controllers most of the time. Does this occur on the Super NT also? On an original NES or SNES they turn off when the system turns off. I hate having to unplug them after each use. My NT mini also buzzes if they are plugged in when the power is off.

Thanks

Kevtris, I just remembered my 8bitdo wireless reciever lights remain lit up and flashing when the NT mini is powered off. Because of this I used stock controllers most of the time. Does this occur on the Super NT also? On an original NES or SNES they turn off when the system turns off. I hate having to unplug them after each use. My NT mini also buzzes if they are plugged in when the power is off.

Thanks

That is because the Mini can be powered on with the controller.

Dont think i have seen that function in the menus in the Super NT.

Thanks

If you contact Analogue about this, they will send you a new power supply. Mine originally did the same thing, and the new power supply completely resolved the buzzing/hissing sound.

When I watched the Mike and Ryan video on the Super Nt, it soon became apparent that there was a 50% chance that whatever Ryan would say about the Super Nt would be inaccurate in some respect. If I had to take a drink for every time he said something that was incorrect, I'd die of alcohol poisoning. MJR did not make nearly as many groaners (except for misspeaking when he said Top Gear 3000 uses the DSP-2 chip when it uses the DSP-4 chip).

• Like 3

When I watched the Mike and Ryan video on the Super Nt, it soon became apparent that there was a 50% chance that whatever Ryan would say about the Super Nt would be inaccurate in some respect. If I had to take a drink for every time he said something that was incorrect, I'd die of alcohol poisoning. MJR did not make nearly as many groaners (except for misspeaking when he said Top Gear 3000 uses the DSP-2 chip when it uses the DSP-4 chip).

Agreed, MJR wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. His review was definitely aimed at more of a casual crowd, but thats fine. Still much better than that Mike and Ryan video.

• Like 1

That is because the Mini can be powered on with the controller.

Dont think i have seen that function in the menus in the Super NT.

Can this be a setting that can be implemented? I always turn my nt mini on from the back of the system. I hate having the flashing lights on all the time when the power is off so I have to get up each time to plug and unplug the adapter in anyways. would be nice if this was a setting that one could turn on or off. Thanks!

If you contact Analogue about this, they will send you a new power supply. Mine originally did the same thing, and the new power supply completely resolved the buzzing/hissing sound.

thanks I submitted a ticket just now based on this reply. while I Was doing so I noticed that there is a new firmware (3.9) up and ready to download for the Super NT also. Super excited to get mine.

Can this be a setting that can be implemented? I always turn my nt mini on from the back of the system. I hate having the flashing lights on all the time when the power is off so I have to get up each time to plug and unplug the adapter in anyways. would be nice if this was a setting that one could turn on or off. Thanks!

If you're already getting up to turn it on manually, why not just plug the receiver in every time you use it instead? That's what I do because that blinking LED annoyed the hell outta me too.