1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Hello kevtris. Would be possible to add option change 60.00Hz and 60.08Hz mode? (There are some hd monitors which accepts 60.08Hz signal.)

This would essentially be what the OSSC does, right? Which is why it's compatibility isn't the greatest. My monitor and TV both handle my SNES through the OSSC. I would like an option at 60.8 or 60.09 or whatever it is without the buffer.

This would essentially be what the OSSC does, right? Which is why it's compatibility isn't the greatest. My monitor and TV both handle my SNES through the OSSC. I would like an option at 60.8 or 60.09 or whatever it is without the buffer.

They would have to have a way to go back if you accidentally chose this and didn't have a compatible monitor. Even making you confirm the choice could end up bad if you confirmed the choice while your monitor was black/off. I could see this maybe being in a jailbreak but I am not so sure Analogue would want that in an official product.

Edited by Toth

First thing I did was to update the firmware. Despite what Analogue's instructions may say, the firmware file does NOT have to be the only file on the card. I used my sd2snes' SD card and it updated just fine.

No reviewers from yesterday mentioned the Analogue branded HDMI cable, USB cord or Power Adapter in the Super Nt. The Nt Mini had a(n ugly looking barrel-connector) generic Power Adapter and HDMI cable.

• Like 2

My Super NT is scheduled to arrive on Valentine’s Day. I wish I could get it via DHL Express instead of UPS Ground. I think many of the international orders are going to be delivered before the eastern US gets theirs.

Mine won't be here until Feb 15th if I'm lucky. Having it shipped to my work, but UPS is known to deliver "late" so my work will probably be closed and it will be delayed another day. Oh joy.

I want to know why the switch from DHL to UPS last minute for Canadian orders. Analogue is ignoring my tweets on the matter.

edit: Looks like they have a huge backlog of people in similar situations with shipping issues. I'm just salty with the fact that I won't be to play this until next weekend now with the switch to UPS.

Edited by Hexadron

Maybe its me, but wouldnt it have been more logical for Analogue to ship the east coast orders a couple of days earlier than west coast? It is really frustrating to see a 6 day shipping time when I paid close to $40 for shipping.

I think that is what stings the most. I paid about the same for shipping and can swallow that knowing I would get to play with my shiny new console a few business days later, but these delays are killing that excitement for me.

I realize this is their first large-scale launch (as NT Mini was certainly more niche given the price) and there are obviously issues here, but I hope in the future they sort all of this out. If they don't I don't think I'll be first in line for pre-ordering in the future.

• Like 1

Maybe its me, but wouldnt it have been more logical for Analogue to ship the east coast orders a couple of days earlier than west coast? It is really frustrating to see a 6 day shipping time when I paid close to $40 for shipping.

The shipping time/cost is my only gripe. I wish there were more options to choose from. IIRC when I preordered the AVS, the shipping was $20. All of the preorders were shipped out from California by one guy on a Friday or Saturday via Priority Mail. My package was delivered Monday morning in NY, and due to the time zones difference it was delivered before anyone in California even got theirs. The Super NT cost $33 to ship and it’ll take a week to arrive here, unfortunately. I could probably buy a Super a Famicom from Japan and have it shipped here in 3-4 days for around $33.

I get that it’s not just the shipping fee, that there’s handling and packaging and other factors calculated into the cost, but that still seems like a pretty steep price. If that was the price for express shipping I wouldn’t have a problem, but $33 for a 3 pound package via UPS Ground stands out a bit. It’s more of a psychological thing. If the Super NT was $200 with $20 shipping I wouldn’t even be complaining. It just reminds me of the times when an item on eBay would have a highly inflated shipping cost because eBay didn’t take a percentage of the seller’s postage fees.

• Like 2

First thing I did was to update the firmware. Despite what Analogue's instructions may say, the firmware file does NOT have to be the only file on the card. I used my sd2snes' SD card and it updated just fine.

No reviewers from yesterday mentioned the Analogue branded HDMI cable, USB cord or Power Adapter in the Super Nt. The Nt Mini had a(n ugly looking barrel-connector) generic Power Adapter and HDMI cable.

This is correct- it looks for the firmware file only. It must be in the root directory, though. Note that it will look for the *first* firmware it sees- If you have 2 or more files on there, it probably won't load the one you are expecting. (technically it searches through and will load the first one in the directory list, so most likely it will load the first one you copied over.) So just delete all firmwares except the one you wish to load. There's no other restrictions. In fact, I used my sd2snes SD card to do updates too. (just to be clear: obviously you must put the SD card into the system for the update to work, it won't find it on the sd2snes!).

• Like 5

The shipping time/cost is my only gripe. I wish there were more options to choose from. IIRC when I preordered the AVS, the shipping was $20. All of the preorders were shipped out from California by one guy on a Friday or Saturday via Priority Mail. My package was delivered Monday morning in NY, and due to the time zones difference it was delivered before anyone in California even got theirs. The Super NT cost $33 to ship and it’ll take a week to arrive here, unfortunately. I could probably buy a Super a Famicom from Japan and have it shipped here in 3-4 days for around $33.

I get that it’s not just the shipping fee, that there’s handling and packaging and other factors calculated into the cost, but that still seems like a pretty steep price. If that was the price for express shipping I wouldn’t have a problem, but $33 for a 3 pound package via UPS Ground stands out a bit. It’s more of a psychological thing. If the Super NT was $200 with $20 shipping I wouldn’t even be complaining. It just reminds me of the times when an item on eBay would have a highly inflated shipping cost because eBay didn’t take a percentage of the seller’s postage fees.

So much this. Was $40 to ship to my east coast state. They would've been better off charging $210 for the S-NT and then only $20 for the shipping. I wouldn't have batted an eye, but seeing that $40 shipping caused serious hesitation.

We should be looking at ways of making it even "more premier" even more better, rather than cost-cutting options.

I'm also of the school that Composite and HDMI are all that's needed. No need to mess with the in-between crap.

Eww. Even in 1995 I was running an official s-video cable on my SNES.

Composite requires a DAC. Skipping the three good analog formats in lieu of composite isn't going to save very much when they use a a standard HD-15 connector that is capable of supporting composite, svid, RGB, and component, and you still have to pay for the DAC.

EDIT: I don't know how I accidentally scrolled this far back so my bad on the super late reply.

Edited by Beer Monkey

Technically the shipping date was yesterday, I'd give it until Monday to start asking questions. I ordered mine in December and it shipped yesterday. I got a notice emailed from UPS.

Still no word yet on shipping for my Super NT. UPS and Analogue show nothing.

I just asked Analogue's support about my shiping detalis and they sent me tracking number. (I live in Europe)

That's generic advice, one less chance for the flashing routine to pick up on a totally different file that'd brick it.

Little bit of padding of the price never hurt anyone. Especially if they're willing to pay it. And from the looks of it I don't know of anyone that's decided NOT to buy because of inflated shipping cost.