2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Doesn't mean anything, I bet.

While I wasn't really paying attention when 8BitDo first released their NES style gamepad, I know for a fact that the SNES Retro Receiver and wireless gamepad was available for a long time before the Super NT ever appeared. So why all of a sudden would I take this logical extension of their product line (That has long been anticipated) to mean anything more than 8BitDo has a Genesis style gamepad and Retro Receiver on the way?

Will be interesting to see how they compare with Retro-Bit's upcoming efforts. Not a great reputation with Retro-Bit, but if the higher price point of these is going towards more than just to pay for the Sega license, there might be some pleasant surprises compared to typical Retro-Bit controllers.

I wouldn't want to be the guinea pig, but they do have my attention (As does 8BitDo).

"This item will be released on February 28, 2019." Pretty interesting release date.

"This item will be released on February 28, 2019." Pretty interesting release date.

It is intresting. :)

Think the Super Nt was released around 10th of february 2018 and was announced early october 2017.

My guess, 29th of october will be announce-day! (remember where you saw it first)

Also, wonder if there is a confirmed problem with composite on the HiDefNES. Got same issue on a modded AV Fami and a US NES2 on composite.

Just under 1-1 on SMB there is a wierd behavior part of a scanline that is glitching.. Seen a video from another that had the same issue, but I could not find it atm.

Why using composite you might ask? Well, I dont like connectors with no function, would like them to work as before.

Edit: found the vid.

Edited by atmn

It is intresting. [emoji4]

Think the Super Nt was released around 10th of february 2018 and was announced early october 2017.

My guess, 29th of october will be announce-day! (remember where you saw it first)

Also, wonder if there is a confirmed problem with composite on the HiDefNES. Got same issue on a modded AV Fami and a US NES2 on composite.

Just under 1-1 on SMB there is a wierd behavior part of a scanline that is glitching.. Seen a video from another that had the same issue, but I could not find it atm.

Why using composite you might ask? Well, I dont like connectors with no function, would like them to work as before.

Edit: found the vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGS4AlozLVY&feature=youtu.be

I communicated back and forth with Jason/GameTechUS about that almost two years ago but it happens without a Hi-Def NES too... just a lot more common with a Hi-Def NES, especially if you socket everything as intended. I found decade-old speedrun footage where it showed up. I recently saw it again in a recent record speedrun.

Pretty sure it’s what the NESDev guys call an artifact/glitch from “NMI Interrupt.”

What I’ve found with composite is that enabling it with Hi-Def NES causes that weird screen roll every so often until you power-cycle (only happens on some boots).

Edit: OK, watched the video you linked and I see you are talking about something else. The one I’m talking about shows a flash of corrupted pixels on one scanline. The video you show has a row of corrupted tiles (several scanlines).

Edited by CZroe

The controller being 2.4g is weird. Do they really plan on doing 2 different Genesis receivers? If not that's a dick move after releasing those bluetooth conversion kits for Genesis controllers.

On their other controllers the 2.4g models are made for the Nintendo classic consoles.

They released a series of non-BT 2.4G SNES-style controller a few months before the BT ones with Analogue color schemes.

Looks like there is a BT adapter from RetroBit, and RetroBit even has Sega’s blessing to make exact replicas with logos. 8bitdo has worked with RetroBit in the past on their BT N64 controller so it’s very possible that they expect us to get the RetroBit hardware if we want BT.

That said, RetroBit is absolute garbage compared to 8bitdo, at least when you compare their past products. I’ve had to repair their controllers for local game vendors repeatedly because they clone the cord winding posts inside a real SNES controller or NES dogbone and then just ignore them so that their super-thin controller cables get pulled right off the board. Then they have the nerve to put a quality control inspection sticker over one of the screws as a warranty seal as if they don’t want you fixing their own screw up and can’t trust end users not to break it. Laughable!

So many other issues, like D-pads that press all four directions at once or corded NES controllers that lock up the console when you hot-plug (I understand for RetroReceivers). Seriously: screw RetroBit junk.

Edit 2:

https://youtu.be/Gum4GI2Jr0s

NMI Interrupt artifacts at

3:02

64b0e9425cc0a80a6d891c5772df3c39.png

4:06

1cb896b71c17b39f7dc93da2dba88784.png

4:57

adee95e1956a333c8c677098bfc3284d.png

5:04 x3

28fd619a16f8cd9926b93fdd2d44be2f.png

e2568555ff35a8db9a4f6186207f21a0.png

1059c1265a0bab0108170a68c619cde9.png

Again, these are WAY more frequent with Hi-Def NES. It seems to do it more on some play-throughs than others or it takes a while to starts but it’s a lot more frequent in underwater stages. One of the Pac-Man or Ms. Pac-Man games does it a lot right on the title screen. It happens with HDMI and composite but happens a lot less when you solder everything without sockets and leave composite/RF disabled.

Edited by CZroe

I communicated back and forth with Jason/GameTechUS about that almost two years ago but it happens without a Hi-Def NES too... just a lot more common with a Hi-Def NES, especially if you socket everything as intended. I found decade-old speedrun footage where it showed up. I recently saw it again in a recent record speedrun.

Pretty sure it’s what the NESDev guys call an artifact/glitch from “NMI Interrupt.”

What I’ve found with composite is that enabling it with Hi-Def NES causes that weird screen roll every so often until you power-cycle (only happens on some boots).

Edit: OK, watched the video you linked and I see you are talking about something else. The one I’m talking about shows a flash of corrupted pixels on one scanline. The video you show has a row of corrupted tiles (several scanlines).

Actually my issue are that corrupted scanline aswell, not at glitched as the video but the corrupted scanline under 1-1.

Edit:

So at least I can sell it with the knowledge that its nothing wrong with the system.

Is there any way to be rid of that scanline glitch via composite? Different types of ram? or is it only depending on PPU revision?

Edited by atmn

Actually my issue are that corrupted scanline aswell, not at glitched as the video but the corrupted scanline under 1-1.

I edited above to show examples of a corrupted scanline from NMI interrupt. This happens on unmodified consoles too, just a whole lot less frequently.

I edited above to show examples of a corrupted scanline from NMI interrupt. This happens on unmodified consoles too, just a whole lot less frequently.

Ahh, you mean those artifacts, ye.. those must be something with SMB?

But if you check below 1-1 on my posted video at 0.21 there is a line that never goes away.. ONLY on composite.

Edited by atmn

Ahh, you mean those artifacts, ye.. those must be something with SMB?

But if you check below 1-1 on my posted video at 0.21 there is a line that never goes away.. ONLY on composite.

Looks like sync jitter (known issue with NES and SNES video) and/or dot crawl (an artifact of composite video). TVs with good 3D comb filters will usually correct some amount of dot crawl but they may also introduce artifacts when sync jitter causes the beginning and end on a line to vary position.

Looks like sync jitter (known issue with NES and SNES video) and/or dot crawl (an artifact of composite video). TVs with good 3D comb filters will usually correct some amount of dot crawl but they may also introduce artifacts when sync jitter causes the beginning and end on a line to vary position.

Thanks for the clearification, guess there is no easy way to clean the composite from this artifact?

Thanks for the clearification, guess there is no easy way to clean the composite from this artifact?

Marqs, the creator of OSSC, designed a dejitter mod for NES and SNES which Borti is implementing on some mod boards but I think they are intended for NESRGB users. With NESRGB, you already have low-latency analog options that avoid composite NTSC dot crawl. I don’t know if they’d play well with Hi-Def NES.

Yeah, this was a sick find. I think it has to be Genny now for sure.

To be fair the Genesis/Mega Drive wireless controller + receiver has been 8BitDo's number one most requested product since their release of the NES30 and SNES30 controllers. With it being the 30th anniversary in 1989, it makes sense that they would release it then. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Are they selling out of the M30? I bought 4 of them last night. I

2 for my Genesis/Sega CD, and 2 for my SMS (and maybe my Atari 7800/Colecovision/C=64)

Sega-CD_USA_Model1-vgo-08.jpg

I hope Paprium is out by then too. It would be a perfect game to test them out with!

luis-martins-papriumluismartins.jpg?1530

• Like 1

To be fair the Genesis/Mega Drive wireless controller + receiver has been 8BitDo's number one most requested product since their release of the NES30 and SNES30 controllers. With it being the 30th anniversary in 1989, it makes sense that they would release it then. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Are they selling out of the M30? I bought 4 of them last night. I

2 for my Genesis/Sega CD, and 2 for my SMS (and maybe my Atari 7800/Colecovision/C=64)

Sega-CD_USA_Model1-vgo-08.jpg

I hope Paprium is out by then too. It would be a perfect game to test them out with!

luis-martins-papriumluismartins.jpg?1530

Did you notice the L button? That tells me that it was engineered for more than just the proprietary RF *and* more than just Genesis. It all but confirms that there is going to be a BT version that pairs with other devices.

Also, it’s as close to Saturn as it is to Genesis, but I’m trying not to get too excited about that possibility since I know a Saturn FPGA clone would be more difficult than a PlayStation FPGA clone. Kevtris already said that PlayStation was about the maximum of what he could achieve with FPGAs but perhaps he considers Saturn equivalent. Regardless, it has a lot more custom and complex and poorly-understood logic chips to reverse-engineer.

Mega SG available for preorder right now

https://twitter.com/analogue/status/1052212620705509376

Introducing Mega Sg. A reimagining of the underdog that led a 16-bit revolution. Engineered completely in FPGA. Compatible with the 2,180+ Sega Genesis, Mega Drive and Master System game cartridge library.
Pre-order yours now at http://www.analogue.co
  • Like 1

That's pleasant news (I sure was wrong about the 8BitDo controllers), but I can't afford it at the moment. :(

32X out of the picture? What's the price point like?

I wish that controller was Bluetooth. I got the BT version of their SNES controller, and it works great with Android.

Me too.

I have a 4 way stick inside an Emio NES Classic arcade stick and would love to put that to use on my Genesis with Frogger and some other games. But that requires being able to communicate to a Wiimote, which it appears that this upcoming 8BitDo receiver won't be able to do.

Edited by Atariboy

Can you spill your guts now Kevin? Super excited by the announcement today. I bought a couple without reading about them even. Excited to hear and see the specs. Came here first after purchasing still don't know what it does. LOL

what's the price? I haven't been able to load the site

• Like 1

same as super nt. 189.99 (no controller though) they are 24.99 on amazon (controllers are white or black 2.4 only no bluetooth, they went up yesterday actually) system has 4 flavors to choose from. 3 black and one white. the black versions are slightly different based on US, Europe and Japan.

• Like 2