1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

haha I wished I could tell ya but I can't. not yet, anyways.

I was off by 3 days LOL

Anyhow yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Now I know where my 200US$ would go ..... I have 3 MD and 3 SMS in the house ... this is great even just to reduce clutter.

Awesome that finally the carts connector idea is coming thru ..... wonder how long it will be before you'll port some of the other 8bit cores (now that you have a 9pin connector Atari 2600/7800, Coleco, Intv II and other would feel like home).

EDIT1

Question: given you have a zero lag HDMI mode do you think you can make the FM 3D glasses work on an LCD TV (they are shutter glasses so you may be able to pull a trick or two).

EDIT2

I really think you should add here another of those "drop the mic" pics like this one

mic-drop.png

• Like 2

I was off by 3 days LOL

Anyhow yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

Now I know where my 200US$ would go ..... I have 3 MD and 3 SMS in the house ... this is great to reduce clutter.

Awesome that finally the carts connector idea is coming thru ..... wonder how long it will be before you'll port some of the other 8bit cores (now that you have a 9pin connector Atari 2600/7800, Coleco and other would feel like home).

The Mega Sg supports the SG-1000, so adding support for the ColecoVision would be fairly trivial given the architectures of both consoles are extremely similar to each other.

To be fair the Genesis/Mega Drive wireless controller + receiver has been 8BitDo's number one most requested product since their release of the NES30 and SNES30 controllers. With it being the 30th anniversary in 1989, it makes sense that they would release it then. I wouldn't read into it too much.

Are they selling out of the M30? I bought 4 of them last night. I

2 for my Genesis/Sega CD, and 2 for my SMS (and maybe my Atari 7800/Colecovision/C=64)

I hope Paprium is out by then too. It would be a perfect game to test them out with!

Sorry, I was too busy reading up on that Mega SG announcement. LOL

• Like 1

I suppose this settles the meaning of the abbreviation after the name as well right? Nt Nintendo and Sg Sega... Ready....FIGHT.

No, don't fight... I do find it interesting though :)

The meaning of “Nt” was always undeniable... except that people denied it anyway *slaps forehead*

IMO, it was settled back then. ;)

• Like 1

From a few of the articles Ive read, it sounds like Sega CD support is built into the FPGA. So, with a jailbreak, wouldnt that mean you shouldnt need the Sega CD attached to play the ISOs? Also, its been suggested that the goal is to have 32X support eventually implemented into the FPGA. This seems unrealistic given that the Super Nt doesnt support any of the more complicated expansion chips.

• Like 1

From a few of the articles Ive read, it sounds like Sega CD support is built into the FPGA. So, with a jailbreak, wouldnt that mean you shouldnt need the Sega CD attached to play the ISOs? Also, its been suggested that the goal is to have 32X support eventually implemented into the FPGA. This seems unrealistic given that the Super Nt doesnt support any of the more complicated expansion chips.

No, you need a real Sega CD unit to make it work. There has been nothing said about Kevtris implementing the actual Sega CD guts via FPGA.

Edited by SegaSnatcher
  • Like 1

I think they mean the FPGA is able to interact with a real Sega CD exactly like a Genesis can.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Taber quotes:

Bluetooth controller option-

If you’re ready to convert an existing Genesis controller to a wireless Bluetooth version, using the already available DIY kit from 8BitDo, Taber tells me that a Genesis-compatible Bluetooth receiver should be available before the release of the Mega SG.

DAC-

When asked what’s happened to this thing, Taber said, “It’s been done. It’s like 99.9 percent done and has been for like six months. We just didn’t have the time to focus on it. We had a small window of time to be able to focus on something else before we needed to get on Mega SG to be able to stick to our development schedule, and we even pushed the envelope a couple of weeks out and we just couldn’t spend another fucking day on it. We had to drop it. So it’s basically done, ready to be produced. We even have all the parts for it and everything, we just have to pull the trigger on it. So right when we get through these last little details with Mega SG, that’s the first thing on the list.

Edited by Namdor
  • Like 2

No, you need a real Sega CD unit to make it work. There has been nothing said about Kevtris implementing the actual Sega CD guts via FPGA.

Well, there has been something said. ;)

Kevtris himself said something about it way back when he implied SegaCD and 32X cores just weren’t going to happen if he made a Genesis FPGA clone (theoretical at the time). He felt that we would be disappointed without those things which made it sound like he didn’t think it was a good, marketable, product to put his efforts into. At least he did acknowledge that he has been wrong about such things so it sounds like he let Chris make the call on that one or he listened to the Sega fans saying “give it to me anyway!” [emoji4]

So, yeah, the only thing previously said about FPGA Sega CD and FPGA 32X cores was the man himself shooting down the possibility.

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 1

The site is up for me ... if I use my cell phone. Analogue.co

It's $220 out the door once you pay for shipping.

It's a bit spendy but the SuperNT quality was impeccable so I don't mind splashing out, especially since I'll forget all about the money when this finally ships in April 2019.

Controllers are sold separately, on Amazon.

SuperNT consoles are still available from Analogue, except for the transparent one.

I'm excited for this fun thing, well done Kevtris and gang.

• Like 1

Ordered mine. Black, USA. I might grab a white one as well. Also, I'm mostly over the shipping cost lol. I am considering that if I bought it from Amazon, it would be $208.99 (for sales tax). So, no sales tax, plus the remainder as shipping. I'll be ok this time, I think lol.

Edited by F34R

I suppose this settles the meaning of the abbreviation after the name as well right? Nt Nintendo and Sg Sega... Ready....FIGHT.

No, don't fight... I do find it interesting though :)

The meaning of “Nt” was always undeniable... except that people denied it anyway *slaps forehead*

IMO, it was settled back then. ;)

No more Mega NT bullsh*t! Finally! It was always common sense that Nt = Nintendo, but people were just too stubborn for their own good.

I wonder what console will be next? TurboGrafx / PC Engine? Re-release the NT Mini?

Really hoping for a Neo Geo FPGA next...Giga NG? NT Boy portable that plays GB/GBC/GBA?

Mega Sg cartridge adapters for FC/NES and everything the Nt Mini unofficially supported? ;)

One can dream!

I could see them rereleasing Nt Mini with a plastic shell, but I don’t see them putting Famicom/NES cores on Mega Sg since it is Sega specific.

yeah they did the same on the SuperNT's, they really should've just had amazon handle delivery or something instead of it being so high

Agreed. Why not just let Amazon handle fulfillment?

• Like 1

Question for Kevtris once the NDA tape comes off his lips: One of the cartridge adaptors is for games on Sega "MyCard" media. Can SG-1000 "MyCards" as well as Mark III "MyCards" be used with this adaptor?

Also, a more general question: Is there a detection system integrated into these cartridge adaptors (which causes the proper FPGA core to be loaded into the FPGA automatically) or do we need to change the FPGA core manually prior to inserting an adaptor into the Mega SG?

Could someone explain the color differences to me? Are any of them meaningful in the way the color differences of the Super Nt were? I never had a Genesis or anything Sega growing up but am going to get one of these but I kind of want to know if the colors mean something like European, Japanese, NA or whatever. I assume the white is sort of like the clear Super Nt but I am unsure of the others. At first glance I am drawn to the one with red and blue switches but kind of want the one closest to the NA region if there was such a difference.

Google "Japan megadrive", "Europe megadrive" and "Sega Genesis"

The colors mirror the colors on the respective reset buttons and plastic around the LED of the original model 1s.

• Like 1