1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

It's up and running fine. Try flushing your DNS cache, and/or add these lines to your HOSTS file.

143.204.158.110 analogue.co
143.204.158.110 www.analogue.co
It's exactly what i had to do when it refused to work for me earlier.

Thanks, this is what finally worked for me. It's odd because I never had an issue getting on their site before. Ordered mine, and shipping came out to $54.99 for shipping to Hawaii. Argh!

@Kevtris: Awesome work as usual. Native support for 32x and CD addons is great also. Can you confirm if Mega SG correctly handles ALL the signals available on cartridge port, not just the ones traditionally used by most commercial games and 32x add-on? Upcoming Paprium cartridge, for example, has an audio DSP on-board and sends additional audio stream to the console through cartridge port dedicated pins. Original system just mix external audio with FM/PSG stream. Will it be supported?

Also, will your VDP core emulates those undocumented features that were discovered by Titan demo team and properly supports their Overdrive 2 demo? It apparently uses some debug features that no commercial games use.

Edited by philyso

@Kevtris: Awesome work as usual. Native support for 32x and CD addons is great also. Can you confirm if Mega SG correctly handles ALL the signals available on cartridge port, not just the ones traditionally used by most commercial games and 32x add-on? Upcoming Paprium cartridge, for example, has an audio DSP on-board and sends additional audio stream to the console through cartridge port dedicated pins. Original system just mix external audio with FM/PSG stream. Will it be supported?

Also, will your VDP core emulates those undocumented features that were discovered by Titan demo team and properly supports their Overdrive 2 demo? It apparently uses some debug features that no commercial games use.

Sorry, but there is only support for Sega CD addon. Also, he said all the signals in the original Genesis cart slot is in the Mega SG, so Virtua Racing should work.

The big question, white or 3 different variants of black... :)

Lets hope kevtris got a year off now from insane work to get some time off and hopefully some inspiration to go update the software for existing Analogue products.

To get a Sega CD ODE working I guess its the same work as for the Mega SG itself.

The big question, white or 3 different variants of black... :)

I opted for the NA Gray/Purple Super NT because I like the color purple. For the Mega SG, I opted for the Japanese scheme. The European gray looked bland, and the NA unbalanced. The JP scheme looked cooler with the red and blue accenting each other.

The white one is just no. Nintendo had to be gray. Sega = Slick black console imo. Though the white ones may be attractive to Dreamcast fans. :P

Honestly all the black variants look good, just do you want gray accents or colored. Swapping button colors is easy when all molds are solid black or white.

Now there is what color to set the led. Kosmic Stardust's "improved rainbow", perhaps, speed set to 1? I loved the slow, gradual transitions...

Sorry, but there is only support for Sega CD addon. Also, he said all the signals in the original Genesis cart slot is in the Mega SG, so Virtua Racing should work.

Well, I misread it would support 32x add-on then, my bad. But that statement is a bit contradictory then, since all the 32x add-on needs is that signals it use on cartridge connector work as expected. If they indeed all were implemented in Mega NT as in a real Megadrive, then 32x games would automatically be supported through the 32x adapter out of the box, so I guess my question remain valid. Edited by philyso

Just noticed that Analogue dropped the price of the Black Nt mini by $50 (still sold out, of course) to match the price of the newly labeled Classic silver version.

This bodes well. They wouldn’t bother if they didn’t have plans to do something with it!

CZroe, your credit card sucks. I order from places in China like Aliexpress all the time using my Chase Slate card. If it's in USD there is no "foreign transaction fee" ever. If I use a foreign currency like pounds, euros, japanese yen, canadian dollars, the fee is less than 3%.

Actually, I used my bank card (Visa Debit with Bank of America). Still, I would have picked a different card with no fee if there were any way to know it was going to be processed internationally. No disclaimer (“ONLY $190 USD + S&H!”), US customer (me), US payment network (Visa), US bank (BofA), to a US company (Analogue) = SURPRISE! Unavoidable international transaction fee. :|

I have cards without the fee but I had no reason not to use my debit since I had the money and there was absolutely no indication that there was anything international about the transaction at all.

I also order from abroad with abandon (just got my Male to Female DuPont jumpers from Thailand earlier today). Though I had heard of these fees before, ordering from Analogue is the first and only time I’ve even seen such a fee outside of PayPal. Most of my payments even for random eBay / Amazon international orders are billed in USD and I don’t pay a fee. I’ve ordered from AliExpress without a fee as well (well, none I’ve noticed).

The real problem isn’t my card. It’s that there is no way for any US customer to see this coming if they didn’t hear it from someone like me, even if they are totally aware of their card policies and fees. That’s because there was never any mention of Hong Kong or Causeway Bay. Here’s hoping they addressed it on the back end, since I’m not hearing anything about a new disclaimer.

Been fun bantering over whether the next system would be snk or sega based. I knew in my heart of hearts a Sega clone was the next logical step... ;-)

Nah. You were suspiciously sure. You had to have inside information. Cheat! ;)

Glad Genesis got the treatment it deserves. :)

• Like 1

Well, I misread it would support 32x add-on then, my bad. But that statement is a bit contradictory then, since all the 32x add-on needs is that signals it use on cartridge connector work as expected. If they indeed all were implemented in Mega NT as in a real Megadrive, then 32x games would automatically be supported through the 32x adapter out of the box, so I guess my question remain valid.

You’re forgetting that it also needs analog video from the Genesis.

Sorry 'bout that. I have been working non-stop on the mega sg since earlier this year. I am doing 12 hour days, 7 days a week. There's only one of me so unfortunately so I haven't had a chance to go back and do anything on the those yet. I still want to port the intv core to the nt mini and do some other fixes as well but it will be awhile yet.

Happy to know it’s still coming!

Sounds like you need a vacation first though!

• Like 1

Nah. You were suspiciously sure. You had to have inside information. Cheat! ;)

Glad Genesis got the treatment it deserves. :)

Sometimes you just gotta have faith. Full disclaimer: I have zero insider sources other than publicly posted info. ;-)

Maybe I should take up horse betting? Not sure if gut instinct is enough to beat the odds though... :dunce:

You’re forgetting that it also needs analog video from the Genesis.

Damn, off course I forgot that Mega SG won't have any analog video out so 32x hardware won't be able to mix and display Megadrive graphics.

EDIT: also forgot video connection between Megadrive and 32x use a proprietary cable made specifically for MD1 or MD2 A/V port

Edited by philyso

Damn, off course I forgot that Mega SG won't have any analog video out so 32x hardware won't be able to mix and display Megadrive graphics.

I guess this could be bypassed by using some kind of HDMI-to-RCA adapter on Mega SG output though (and another adapter on 32x video out to get HDMI back)

Or just play 32x games on Mega Everdrive.

Sorry 'bout that. I have been working non-stop on the mega sg since earlier this year. I am doing 12 hour days, 7 days a week. There's only one of me so unfortunately so I haven't had a chance to go back and do anything on the those yet. I still want to port the intv core to the nt mini and do some other fixes as well but it will be awhile yet.

Thanks for the update good sir!

CZroe, your credit card sucks. I order from places in China like Aliexpress all the time using my Chase Slate card. If it's in USD there is no "foreign transaction fee" ever. If I use a foreign currency like pounds, euros, japanese yen, canadian dollars, the fee is less than 3%.

I got pinged for this too fwiw.

I too noticed that they referred to it as "classic" when I was pre-ordering my Mega Sg earlier. I hadn't noticed the price though. There may be hope for another batch yet....

Keeping my fingers crossed. Had a scare a few weeks back where the hotkeys on my NT Mini weren't working correctly, I got worried it was on it's way out and I'd have to resort to eBay for a replacement :/

Glad to know theres still interest. No need to apologize. Take care of yourself!

Well, the naming of the new Mega Sg is of no surprise. I kinda do want it, but don't have any carts, or original system, that was stuff I played at relatives houses as a kid.

The lack of 32X support is no surprise. Though we may see people figure out a way to do it anyway, though it would no less convoluted than existing setups with original hardware.

Though I think Analogue slightly missed an opportunity with the SegaCD slot. They should have created a piggy-back cable (think nVidia SLI connection) to allow a second Mega SG to be used as the CD unit, or anything else (eg a FPGA) to it. By not having some kind of cable, even to use an existing SegaCD unit, may require creating mount for the Mega Sg so that it's not held by the slot itself.

Anyway it's nice to see this finally happen.

I wonder if any of the cart adapters are necessary if you have a Mega Everdrive. It would be nice if it's possible to run Game Gear and SG-1000 games from it, even though a real Genesis doesn't support that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Better yet, from the internal sd card directly.

Let's hope if it's jailbroken that they don't just allow Genesis roms to be played off SD card. It wouldn't shock me if that unofficial feature, if it's released post-release, is limited in that way in order to protect sales of the cart adapters for 8-bit Sega platforms.