• Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2b9635e53b6646fc467265c528cbc90a.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/c7acb2b37f8638059eff2cf05320cc1d.jpg

0602d1bc342505f1e4ae478cb7b1510f.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/78037c4fc2dff5b43fdc908142e34a66.jpg

Wish Analogue would have sent one of the early units to YouTuber and Genesis master Jon Burton/Game Hut. :) I would’ve really liked to see him test his tech demos!

Edit: Just had a freeze and realized that the hotkey for Reset just blanks the screen momentarily. Menu hotkey>Run Cartridge works to reset.

Edited by CZroe

Five customers receive the wrong product - random, unfortunate mistake.

Dozens of customers receive the wrong product - deliberate action by Analogue without the consent of the customer.

Analogue MUST bring their fulfillment in house before their next big product launch. The excessive shipping fees and mistakes like this cannot continue.

Update from Analogue:

Due to necessary restocking of the USA edition, orders for the console will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. We are currently in the middle of moving stock between warehouse locations and apologize for the delay from the usual 2-3 days for active "in-stock" order ship time. MSG orders from the last week will have their status moved to "preorders" for this short restock period, after which they will promptly be sent out!

Analogue and their shipping partner did not honor the commonly understood preorder principle of orders are shipped in the order received and now there are those of us who preordered USA versions of the console (I ordered at 10:58am the morning the preorder news dropped) are now having to wait an additional two to three weeks while they gather stock to fill the next run of preorders.

The part that doesnt make sense in their reply: MSG orders from the last week will have their status moved to "preorders" for this short restock period, after which they will promptly be sent out! - what the heck does orders from the last week - even have to do with my situation, as I ordered nearly 6 months ago..

Five customers receive the wrong product - random, unfortunate mistake.

Dozens of customers receive the wrong product - deliberate action by Analogue without the consent of the customer.

Analogue MUST bring their fulfillment in house before their next big product launch. The excessive shipping fees and mistakes like this cannot continue.

...or it could be that an employee wheeled in the wrong palette of pre-wrapped EUR consoles to the staging area for JPN consoles.

Though I was ready to flip a coin on the button color decision, it’s unfortunate and I genuinely feel bad for the people who didn’t get what they wanted/ordered. Still, why are we trying to imagine the worst possible scenario? I’d expect this kind of push back if Analogue were refusing to make this right but so far that doesn’t appear to be the case. This is getting silly. Being unreasonable doesn’t help our case. Give them a chance before you deliberately try to paint it in the worst light.

• Like 3

Update from Analogue:

Due to necessary restocking of the USA edition, orders for the console will begin shipping in 2-3 weeks. We are currently in the middle of moving stock between warehouse locations and apologize for the delay from the usual 2-3 days for active "in-stock" order ship time. MSG orders from the last week will have their status moved to "preorders" for this short restock period, after which they will promptly be sent out!

Analogue and their shipping partner did not honor the commonly understood preorder principle of orders are shipped in the order received and now there are those of us who preordered USA versions of the console (I ordered at 10:58am the morning the preorder news dropped) are now having to wait an additional two to three weeks while they gather stock to fill the next run of preorders.

The part that doesnt make sense in their reply: MSG orders from the last week will have their status moved to "preorders" for this short restock period, after which they will promptly be sent out! - what the heck does orders from the last week - even have to do with my situation, as I ordered nearly 6 months ago..

You are mistaking an email sent to all outstanding orders with a personal email intended for you.

Why are you still concluding that they don’t prioritize shipping by when the preorder was made based on your aberrant situation? You know full well that you can’t conclude that from your experience because we already discussed this.

Like most everyone else you got your notice that the label was printed on Friday and it should have shipped Friday. Obviously something abnormal happened. All other preorders had shipped while yours was still stuck saying that the label was printed, so it has nothing to do with preorder priority. It would have looked no different if the label fell off, got damaged, or the package fell behind a rack or something.

You already had our sympathy but by continuing to baselessly conclude that they didn’t respect the priority of your preorder you are making yourself look unreasonable. A deliberately invalid complaint hurts your valid complaint against Analogue and squanders the sympathy you’ve gathered. In short: Stretching to demonize them helps no one, not even yourself. Don’t be a jerk. Give them a chance.

It’s not like they are trying to mess with you or something.

Edited by CZroe
  • Like 2

You are mistaking an email sent to all outstanding orders with a personal email intended for you.

Whatever CZ - the email was sent to me personally regarding my situation and Im aware (unlike yourself) of others in the same situation. You can defend and apologize for the company all you wish thats your prerogative, however for those of us who have either received the wrong console or simply not received their preorder you (who received what you paid for) have no right to tell those individuals how the should or should not react - yet on every post regarding these issues you do so.

Edited by SanfordSeven

Why are you still concluding that they dont prioritize shipping by when the preorder was made based on your aberrant situation? You know full well that you cant conclude that from your experience because we already discussed this.

Like most everyone else you got your notice that the label was printed on Friday and it should have shipped Friday. Obviously something abnormal happened. All other preorders had shipped while yours was still stuck saying that the label was printed, so it has nothing to do with preorder priority. It would have looked no different if the label fell off, got damaged, or the package fell behind a rack or something.

You already had our sympathy but by continuing to baselessly conclude that they didnt respect the priority of your preorder you are making yourself look unreasonable. A deliberately invalid complaint hurts your valid complaint against Analogue and squanders the sympathy youve gathered. In short: Stretching to demonize them helps no one, not even yourself. Dont be a jerk. Give them a chance.

Its not like they are trying to mess with you or something.

What is unreasonable is that the individuals packing the shipping boxes could not take 90 seconds to match the correct product to the shipping confirmation invoice included in the freaking shipping box. We are paying higher shipping fees for this?

Give them a chance before you deliberately try to paint it in the worst light.

I’m still trying to figure out what an exchange with Analogue looks like, with their support.

One person commented that if you opened it, no exchange for you. I’m trying to confirm that, because I didn’t even notice until the wrapping was off, because the packaging is so similar between the SKUs.

So far, they don’t need help making themselves look bad, but this is more inexperience and incompetence in handling logistics/packaging than anything else, and then compounding slow/bizarre support on top.

I feel for folks who pre-ordered at the start and did not get a unit. I preordered the day they announced early shipping and got a unit. I shouldn't have if other folks that ordered first didn't. That said, all is not lost; there are still plenty of teething pains.

I'm seeing weird stuff like that on Shining Force CD, too. model 2 CD with a real copy of the game: https://twitter.com/TVsBen/status/1111069644767547392

Edited by derFunkenstein

Whatever CZ - the email was sent to me personally regarding my situation and Im aware (unlike yourself) of others in the same situation. You can defend and apologize for the company all you wish thats your prerogative, however for those of us who have either received the wrong console or simply not received their preorder you (who received what you paid for) have no right to tell those individuals how the should or should not react - yet on every post regarding these issues you do so.

No, it wasn’t a personal email tailored for you. Anyone reading that email can tell. As for “defending and apologizing...” LOL! I’m just as prepared to point the finger them if they don’t make it right! I’m just not willing to make a fool out of myself with clearly illogical assumptions. Having sympathy for your situation doesn’t mean I have to shut my mouth when you make a non-sequitur like yours.

“I preordered earlier than others who already got theirs and still don’t have my system! Even though there is obviously an issue with my order since it didn’t ship after all other preorders had supposedly shipped, the only explanation possible is that they aren’t prioritizing by preorder date! I want to be insufferable so I’m going to go on repeating this even when it doesn’t fit and others have pointed out several more-likely scenarios because!” Paraphrased, of course. See how you are squandering sympathy?

What is unreasonable is that the individuals packing the shipping boxes could not take 90 seconds to match the correct product to the shipping confirmation invoice included in the freaking shipping box. We are paying higher shipping fees for this?

Yeah, that’s disappointing... and I really hope Analogue didn’t do it on purpose. I can see how it can happen accidentally though, especially in a situation where the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing.

For example, some people might have been tasked with bubble-wrapping all the JPN product boxes and staging them on a row of palettes for shipping out JPN orders. They might have staged them next to the EUR palettes and continued replenishing them as the packers were also working on shipping JPN systems, but the shippers could have been moving faster and ended up using all the JPN palettes, unknowingly moving into the EUR palettes. Not an excuse... just one possibility of many ways it could happen.

I’m still trying to figure out what an exchange with Analogue looks like, with their support.

One person commented that if you opened it, no exchange for you. I’m trying to confirm that, because I didn’t even notice until the wrapping was off, because the packaging is so similar between the SKUs.

So far, they don’t need help making themselves look bad, but this is more inexperience and incompetence in handling logistics/packaging than anything else, and then compounding slow/bizarre support on top.

Yeah, that concerns me too. As evidenced by the unboxing videos, live streams, and early reviews, half the people didn’t notice the instructions to update it right away for Master System, Ultracore, and the boot jingle. I don’t see how they can fault the users for opening it.

You’re right that they look bad enough in all this as it is, which is why there’s no reason to make stuff up or jump to illogical conclusions. Invariably though, challenging that will get seen as making excuses for Analogue. :(

Here’s hoping that Analogue was still figuring that part out and will have a better answer soon.

• Like 2

Here’s hoping that Analogue was still figuring that part out and will have a better answer soon.

It’d be nice if turnaround wasn’t 24 hours per email. They failed to answer my question about how the exchange would work from yesterday, so I’m waiting again to find out how the exchange will work.

Or hell, just make it possible to have a real-time conversation so I can sort this out.

Edited by Kaide

It’d be nice if turnaround wasn’t 24 hours per email. They failed to answer my question about how the exchange would work from yesterday, so I’m waiting again to find out how the exchange will work.

Or hell, just make it possible to have a real-time conversation so I can sort this out.

Analogue probably have thousands of email's they have to go through every time they launch a new console. Give them time to respond man.

I feel for folks who pre-ordered at the start and did not get a unit. I preordered the day they announced early shipping and got a unit. I shouldn't have if other folks that ordered first didn't. That said, all is not lost; there are still plenty of teething pains.

I'm seeing weird stuff like that on Shining Force CD, too. model 2 CD with a real copy of the game: https://twitter.com/TVsBen/status/1111069644767547392

Just got finished testing the Mickey Mania cartridge without issue here. About to see if the problem with the CD version is from my power supply (Samsung on the Mega Sg; Mk1602 on the Sega CD 2). What PSU are you using for the Mega Sg? Original from Analogue?

Also using an original disc here:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190328/8a41ef049de51d5ff12d69fd094114ab.jpg

I’m sure it’s because they’re dealing with a lot of launch issues right now and they don’t want to make any premature statements about how they’ll handle it, so they’re biding their time and throttling email updates until they know the extent and resolution... not that it makes the 24 hour thing any more bearable.

With all the inevitable late/lost packages, dead-on-arrival units, flood of users with faulty auxiliary hardware unrelated to their machine (bad cart, disc, cable, or port on their TV?), and more, I imagine they’d get backed up a little at launch. Who even knows how many had the JPN>EUR substitution problem! Sounds like a lot... probably enough that they are batching the whole response with these daily emails.

Though I’m not affected I’m definitely following this to see how they resolve it.

Edited by CZroe

I think I saw Kevtris acknowledge some scd wonkiness on the discord chat the other day, I know he's got a list of bugs he's working through that have come up

• Like 2

In continuing my conversation with Analogue they have agreed to send me another version of the unit rather than having to wait 2 or 3 more weeks until they replenish stock of the USA version. According to their email they will be sending me the JPN edition. (It being the JPN edition is a little surprising) Whatever edition it may be that I receive is of no concern of mine personally as long as the SG is delivered.

• Like 1

CZroe - since you insist that I am dealing with a singular situation I want you to see one of a number of others who placed their orders around the same time as myself and received a tracking number but no shipment. If youd like I can screenshot other as well but I dont feel its necessary.

I dont care for your sympathy or lack therefore, I was simply pointing out what has happened. You can choose to disagree with my synopsis but make sure you know all the facts.

post-64248-0-30154800-1553790319_thumb.jpeg

Just got finished testing the Mickey Mania cartridge without issue here. About to see if the problem with the CD version is from my power supply (Samsung on the Mega Sg; Mk1602 on the Sega CD 2). What PSU are you using for the Mega Sg? Original from Analogue?

At first it was using an Anker 6-port, 5v/24-amp USB charger thing I have in my living room, but the behavior persisted with the Analogue adapter, too. The Sega CD is using Retro Game Cave M1 Trio. When I swapped my VA6.5 model 1 back onto the CD drive, the problems went away, so it's down to that particular combination of the Sg and the model 2 CD.

I mean, I figure it's just growing pains of a brand new product. Such is life on the bleeding edge. Compared to the early teething problems I had with my first-generation Ryzen build in March of 2017, this is nothing. :lol: THAT was a pain.

• Like 1

CZroe - since you insist that I am dealing with a singular situation I want you to see one of a number of others who placed their orders around the same time as myself and received a tracking number but no shipment. If youd like I can screenshot other as well but I dont feel its necessary.

I dont care for your sympathy or lack therefore, I was simply pointing out what has happened. You can choose to disagree with my synopsis but make sure you know all the facts.

LOL! I “insisted” no such thing.

I even said that they are probably swamped with late/missing packages and other issues. I said it was abnormal. “Abnormal” doesn’t mean you were the only one with that issue... duh.

...and, no, you were not “simply pointing out what has happened.” You were drawing nonsense conclusions from something that can’t even possibly mean what you were saying it meant and then shamelessly repeating it as the only possibility after several more-likely possibilities were explained. Even if they don’t respect the order of preorders, your order didn’t fail to ship because they weren’t respecting that order. It’s a patently ridiculous line of reasoning that is not worth defending/repeating, yet here we are. You may not care about my sympathies, but are you intent on turning everyone else against you by acting like this?

I emailed their support without even really complaining, I just told them "I received the wrong color". I don't really care about the color that much, but I do think they should know about a mixed up order. I thought their support person was good. They replied right away, offering either an exchange or $25 to keep it (which I accepted) and they refunded me right away.

(I had already opened mine too.)

• Like 1

LOL! I insisted no such thing.

...maybe...yours got dropped or kicked behind a fixture at the shipping center?

So according to your logic they dropped...kicked a number of packages. Sounds like some clumsy folks! Maybe the TouchTone Terrorists from Gators Creek Georgia were hired to facilitate this shipment lol!!!

Awfully solid conclusion you have there based on your one case that obviously has something else going on.

Another example of where you INSIST this was a singular case/issue and not a sign of anything more.

Im sorry Ive upset you so with my perspective. Im done with this issue as they have worked to seemingly resolve it. You can have the last word if so desired, but I am finished with this discussion.

Edited by SanfordSeven

I ended up disconnecting my Sega CD last night because I kept getting a pretty strong shock every time I touched the MSG while the SCD was attached and turned on. It was making the console reset or power off. It hasn't happened while the console is by itself. I was getting a jolt and seeing a flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

Edited by zetastrike

I ended up disconnecting my Sega CD last night because I kept getting a pretty strong shock every time I touched the MSG while the SCD was attached and turned on. It was making the console reset or power off. It hasn't happened while the console is by itself. I was getting a jolt and seeing a flash.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk

That can't be good?