2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Austin said:

You're not wrong. Here's to hoping more cores will be added to the DUO. I for one would love, say, a Neo-Geo CD core, considering it has a disc drive and supports the 8bitdo Neo-Geo controllers.

The Nt Mini and Mega SG only got cores added which Kevtris already made, I think getting a brand new core would be probably pushing it.

That is what they meant eh I get it now.  I picked up the GG adapter off a third party on ebay since they decided to bundle it with 2 useless pieces to run Japanese stuff.  I've used it a couple times so far and the performance is pretty nice though unless I missed something it doesn't seem to have much in the way of tweaking the display or anything like the primary boot(genesis/md) does.

13 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Huh the Mega got cores eh?  I never bothered to look into it

There's zero reason really to not put the Mega SG jailbreak on as it's 100% additional functionality with zero negatives. Especially loading ROMs from the SD Card slot for Genesis, SMS, GG,  SG-1000, and Colecovision etc. 

• Like 4

I just don't have much time as it is, so I just use the carts I have.  I have an everdrive that largely for every system stays in the box unless it's convenient otherwise.  If they decide to add some core to it that'll fire off 32X games from the mega everdrive cart or from an SD card in the slot sign me up. :D

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

I just don't have much time as it is, so I just use the carts I have.  I have an everdrive that largely for every system stays in the box unless it's convenient otherwise.  If they decide to add some core to it that'll fire off 32X games from the mega everdrive cart or from an SD card in the slot sign me up. :D

Given how much you post on these forums.. That’s a bullshit excuse. It takes 60 seconds to update the firmware.

🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Austin said:

Given how much you post on these forums.. That’s a bullshit excuse. It takes 60 seconds to update the firmware.

🤣

It had nothing to do with lack of time to update firmware, it's the lack of time to really dig into the games anymore since last August as I'm working 60hrs now.  The little time I would put into it, having less variety is a plus as I can focus on what I've got or add largely for Famicom for some time now.  So yeah, if the everdrive added the ability to add such a thing and I could copy that onto the card I'd make time for it, but beyond that I really dont have the time to care when I can just use this computer and a gamepad (xbox360 one likely) and an emulator at that rate.  I browse here after a nightly shower and if this late after the second job, or I take a mental vacation at job 1 and check in on the clock.

I don't have a use for coleco and don't care about sg-1000.  My everdrive already has the SMS and GG set on it for the Genesis, and another ED I have for my GG has the GG set on that too, and I have the mega SG GG adapter so that's covered there as well.  So no, it's not some bullshit excuse, as it sits, it has no value so it's not worth my time.

I don't know man.. but my Mega SG has an Everdrive packed to the gills, and it also has an SD card packed to the gills so it's 100% redundancy.. But that said, if I ever come around to playing Genesis, I play it on the Pocket (or Switch).  :lol:

Edited by NE146
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NE146 said:

I don't know man.. but my Mega SG has an Everdrive packed to the gills, and it also has an SD card packed to the gills so it's 100% redundancy.. But that said, if I ever come around to playing Genesis, I play it on the Pocket (or Switch).  :lol:

To be fair sometimes I question getting the kit, it mostly is for pet projects people do that get distributed at this rate.  I have around 50 Genesis/MD carts and a modern multi as well(which also now is little used compared to when I was around 10 or less games) so I really just use what I own as it's plenty.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 1:25 PM, RobDangerous said:

I messed with this a bit but ran into some issues mainly with my CD games being played from the SDcard. They load up and work, but after about 20min in or so, the audio will suddenly start to play with a bad stutter and the entire game comes to a crawl while it does this. It will sometime recover from this and start to play normally again. But in all cases, once this happens, then the game will soft lock and the only option at that point is to end the game through the A-DUO menu. 

So I really hope a jailbreak with the save states is able to get released as that would at least provide a work around for this since folks could save state as they play and not have to restart from the beginning after getting a lot of progress through a game.

On 3/27/2024 at 7:48 AM, -^CrossBow^- said:

I messed with this a bit but ran into some issues mainly with my CD games being played from the SDcard. They load up and work, but after about 20min in or so, the audio will suddenly start to play with a bad stutter and the entire game comes to a crawl while it does this. It will sometime recover from this and start to play normally again. But in all cases, once this happens, then the game will soft lock and the only option at that point is to end the game through the A-DUO menu. 

So I really hope a jailbreak with the save states is able to get released as that would at least provide a work around for this since folks could save state as they play and not have to restart from the beginning after getting a lot of progress through a game.

You should file a bug on that CD issue: https://github.com/analoguejb/Analogue-Duo-JB/issues

• Like 2