1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm aware of this. I know about the 8bitdo controllers and retro receivers for NES and SNES, and will probably purchase them at some point. My question was if there was a way to use the Nintendo manufactured SNES controllers bundled with the SNES Classic mini on an original SNES or the Super NT. I have some old OEM SNES controllers but some of the buttons are pretty worn down.

Just rebuild the old ones. :?

https://www.ebay.com/i/381734017379

• Like 1

I for one got a couple of snes hori fighting controller ^^

they're not in bad shape or anything, but I was wondering if I could replace the shell and buttons with NEW classic snes mini wireless hori fighting controllers (and drilling a hole for the cable I guess)

(also got Tengai Makyo Zero and Rockman X2 :D)

so the NTT is pretty much just for coleco and and intellivision ? (I'm not really interested in those but it's cool you guys do :) )

Can't wait for the Super NT.
I really hope we get megadrive and pc engine cores for it down the line :)

guess I should start looking about snes support for arcade stick pcbs, and the one that lags the less...PS360+ or MC Chtullu, maybe ? Might just get a cheap official sfc controller and padhack it actually^^

Edited by Shin_K

Discovered the Super Mario All Stars (which is also MMC5 like Legend of Link) rom hack also doesn't save/load correctly on the NT Mini.

There is an updated patch at Romhacking. There are 2 patches in the zip file. Use the patch designated for "cartridge". That hack never saved/worked correctly until this recent update.

There is an updated patch at Romhacking. There are 2 patches in the zip file. Use the patch designated for "cartridge". That hack never saved/worked correctly until this recent update.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest patch for Super Mario All-Stars NES. I'm not sure how saving is supposed to work. Do you use the built-in save&continue or save&quit functions built into the hack and then save the RAM? Also being relatively new to my NT Mini, I'm not super familiar with how saving works in general.

By the way, I just macgyvered my own shitty looking composite adapter and an RGB cable with some parts I had lying around for the heck of it.

Regarding the person who claimed composite PAL output had problems, I did run into something odd myself as well.

I first tried composite NTSC on both my PVM and modern LCD and both displayed everything perfectly fine.

When I tried composite PAL though, my PVM had no problems but my european modern LCD (which supports both NTSC and PAL) displayed this:

5tRIQvc.jpg

It does almost look like if NTSC was displayed in PAL with the colors missing but I doubt that's it. Anyone's got a clue what that could be about?

Edited by infinest

it may seem weird that you're not getting color with an LCD in 2017, but it looked exactly like this when trying to display PAL or NTSC over conposite on a SECAM display. (or NTSC on PAL)

unless you got rid of composite and went for RGB signal over SCART.
(also there are/used to be a shitton different standards for PAL, like PAL M, PAL B, PAL G, etc)

as for the NTT controller on ebay...lol at those bids xD
(on the one hand, that seller sells A LOT OF STUFF, but on the other hand, he get a small % of awful feedback, but still awful to read, I for on would not start bidding without checking this out first :
https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=yamatoku-classic&iid=-1&de=off&interval=365&searchInterval=30&which=negative&items=200&searchInterval=30 and you can also check his neutral feedback which is almost as bad, like overcharging twice over for shipping a pacel that taked 1.5month to arrive, wiimote in "acceptable condition" with one dead button and the other one stuck LOL)

Edited by Shin_K

Discovered the Super Mario All Stars (which is also MMC5 like Legend of Link) rom hack also doesn't save/load correctly on the NT Mini.

There is two versions of the rom, smokemonsters pack dont include them both.. nor the latest version.

If you have the latest there is no intro screen and if you press select and up in the selection of games you can pick mario bros.

Also there is a CRT and a EMU version.

Think the CRT is made for real hardware and have some text that it makes it better to fit CRTs.

Download the ips here:

http://acmlm.kafuka.org/board/thread.php?id=8211

I'm pretty sure I'm using the latest patch for Super Mario All-Stars NES. I'm not sure how saving is supposed to work. Do you use the built-in save&continue or save&quit functions built into the hack and then save the RAM? Also being relatively new to my NT Mini, I'm not super familiar with how saving works in general.

I'm also in the same boat in that I can't seem to save successfully with this. Well, I say that but the "Mario Bros" game (the one where you have to push UP+A to access the game) does seem to save the high score. I have also successfully saved "Super Mario Bros" at world 4-1 using the "save & quit" option .... at least until you then play Super Mario Bros 2 Jpn & save that. At that point the save for "Super Mario Bros" disappears & there's no save either for "Super Mario Bros 2 Jpn" either.

I'm assuming that I'm right in that each of the four "Super Mario Bros" games has 4 save slots for each game?

I believe that I'm using the latest patch, I've also tried both the CRT option & EMU version (can't seem to find a patch "designated for cartridge" as mentioned by sneakyturtleegg. Either way, I can't seem to make this work correctly either.

If anyone has managed to make this work & save the game as intended please could you tell us how you done it, & link to the latest patches if possible.

it may seem weird that you're not getting color with an LCD in 2017, but it looked exactly like this when trying to display PAL or NTSC over conposite on a SECAM display. (or NTSC on PAL)

(also there are/used to be a shitton different standards for PAL, like PAL M, PAL B, PAL G, etc)

(on the one hand, that seller sells A LOT OF STUFF, but on the other hand, he get a small % of awful feedback, but still awful to read, I for on would not start bidding without checking this out first :

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=yamatoku-classic&iid=-1&de=off&interval=365&searchInterval=30&which=negative&items=200&searchInterval=30 and you can also check his neutral feedback which is almost as bad, like overcharging twice over for shipping a pacel that taked 1.5month to arrive, wiimote in "acceptable condition" with one dead button and the other one stuck LOL)

I've already bought tons of stuff from Yamatoku. Yes, they made some money on shipping and yes sometimes items are broken (they only test consoles). I also suspect some shill bidding but I still recomend this seller. They always refund me without have to returning item. :thumbsup:
  • Like 1

I've already bought tons of stuff from Yamatoku. Yes, they made some money on shipping and yes sometimes items are broken (they only test consoles). I also suspect some shill bidding but I still recomend this seller. They always refund me without have to returning item. :thumbsup:

Yes, yamatoku is a pretty good seller in my book as well. If you're selling in such quantities and on top of that globally, you are bound to have a certain percentage that is not satisfied with your service.

That's exactly what I meant. It does look like if the two signals didn't match up but i've never had trouble displaying PAL stuff on my LCD and I doubt the analogue Nt mini uses some odd PAL variation that had been prevalent in a few countries ages ago plus my PVM doesn't give a damn and displays it perfectly fine.

Edited by infinest

I'm also in the same boat in that I can't seem to save successfully with this. Well, I say that but the "Mario Bros" game (the one where you have to push UP+A to access the game) does seem to save the high score. I have also successfully saved "Super Mario Bros" at world 4-1 using the "save & quit" option .... at least until you then play Super Mario Bros 2 Jpn & save that. At that point the save for "Super Mario Bros" disappears & there's no save either for "Super Mario Bros 2 Jpn" either.

I'm assuming that I'm right in that each of the four "Super Mario Bros" games has 4 save slots for each game?

I believe that I'm using the latest patch, I've also tried both the CRT option & EMU version (can't seem to find a patch "designated for cartridge" as mentioned by sneakyturtleegg. Either way, I can't seem to make this work correctly either.

If anyone has managed to make this work & save the game as intended please could you tell us how you done it, & link to the latest patches if possible.

I think most people saying that this new version works have only gone into one game, saved once, and reloaded to confirm. I've repeatedly tried to save/load on the latest crt version (same as designed for cart) and had the same problems.

I think most people saying that this new version works have only gone into one game, saved once, and reloaded to confirm. I've repeatedly tried to save/load on the latest crt version (same as designed for cart) and had the same problems.

Yeah, I've only been able to get SMB1 to save and reload, but it gets wiped out if i try to save one of the other three games.

Also, a general question about saving on the NT Mini (NES core). Is it normal for games to reset if you select "Yes" on "Save Ram" after hitting Select+Down?

Yeah, I've only been able to get SMB1 to save and reload, but it gets wiped out if i try to save one of the other three games.

Also, a general question about saving on the NT Mini (NES core). Is it normal for games to reset if you select "Yes" on "Save Ram" after hitting Select+Down?

I asked the same question a few pages back and no one ever responded, but given it happens to both you and me I'm guessing yes?

Yes, yamatoku is a pretty good seller in my book as well. If you're selling in such quantities and on top of that globally, you are bound to have a certain percentage that is not satisfied with your service.

That's exactly what I meant. It does look like if the two signals didn't match up but i've never had trouble displaying PAL stuff on my LCD and I doubt the analogue Nt mini uses some odd PAL variation that had been prevalent in a few countries ages ago plus my PVM doesn't give a damn and displays it perfectly fine.

Well, I wouldn't be satisfied either if I bought something that never arrives or isn't up to par with what the description said lol (that being said, I order a lot of second hand stuff from japan and only ever got good surprises regarding "parcel quality" or the shape the products were in ^^)

I don't wanna doubt you or anything but I'm pretty sure your PVM displays everything perfectly fine when you feed an RGB signal, which bypassed PAL/NTSC colors entirely, but if fed composite, your PVM needs the hardware (cards) to handle the right signal.

but I gotta admit, if you LCD handle PAL ok usually, that's weird...what about other games or cores ?

(kinda switched to NTSC (for 60Hz reason, not NTSC reasons) in the mid 90's then fully in the early 2000 and never looked back)

Edited by Shin_K

Which byte do I change if im looking at the header in a hex editor?

The upper nibble of byte 6 and the upper nibble of byte 7 determine the mapper. So change should be from 7x 4x to 2x 0x. Or use an emulator like Nestopia to do the hard work for you :)

Check for new fixes in my second post on the Nt Mini.