1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ultimately, does it really matter one way or another?

What matters is that somebody developed it and made it available to be posted online, but all that's important there is that it exists and is available for Super NT owners to install if so they so wish. Speculation on the source is unimportant and trivial, so debating it for days on end in a constant circle is just getting tiresome.

Perhaps the one thing that would matter is if installing it voided your warranty. So I can see in the opening hours of availability being a bit concerned on the off chance this is an independent effort of some sort. But regardless of who was responsible for this, I imagine most of us can confidently agree now that some time has went by, that Kevtris and Analogue would be cautioning people at this point if users were installing this at their own risk.

That silence means we're safe to go.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Ultimately, does it really matter one way or another? Somebody developed it and made it available to be posted online, but all that matters is that it exists and is available for Super NT owners to install if so they so wish. The rest is hogwash.

Perhaps the one thing that would matter is if installing it voided your warranty. And regardless of who was responsible for this, I imagine most of us can confidently agree that Kevtris and Analogue would be rushing to caution people that those installing this are doing so at their own risk, if it voids your warranty.

It doesn't void it:

When asked if the Super NT would get the same jailbreak treatment, Taber demurred but finally said, “We don’t really discourage anyone to do anything with our products. You can do whatever you want with it. It’s not up to us, that’s not what we’re in the business of doing.”

https://www.polygon.com/2017/10/16/16481824/super-nt-super-nintendo-analogue

I'm not talking about faith but looking at what evidence is provided and trying to figure out where that likely points. For an example, the source being anonymous is a piece of evidence. So, which seems more likely? Someone wishing to remain anonymous because Nintendo's lawyers may be watching the company he works for or similar reasons like that or a customer doing something with their Super Nt that doesn't get them into legal trouble, void their warranty, or negatively affect them in any way by being publically known?

"Likely" is the key point. I work every day in ISO, I could debate this with you forever. Assumptions are not valid evidence. No matter how you try and rationalize it, you're going off "faith" (for a lack of a better word). Regardless, we're blowing this out of proportion. I personally will feel more comfortable knowing the author of the firmware to give me confidence in the product.

Ultimately, does it really matter one way or another?

What matters is that somebody developed it and made it available to be posted online, but all that's important there is that it exists and is available for Super NT owners to install if so they so wish. Speculation on the source is unimportant and trivial, so debating it for days on end in a constant circle is just getting tiresome.

Perhaps the one thing that would matter is if installing it voided your warranty. So I can see in the opening hours of availability being a bit concerned on the off chance this is an independent effort of some sort. But regardless of who was responsible for this, I imagine most of us can confidently agree now that some time has went by, that Kevtris and Analogue would be cautioning people at this point if users were installing this at their own risk.

That silence means we're safe to go.

Yes it does, for some people. The source being unimportant and trivial may be that way to you, but you don't speak for me. It's very important to me. If the debate is getting tiresome for you, nobody is forcing you to participate.

You're welcome to translate the silence to whatever you wish. You can believe it means you're safe, I may translate it into "not allowed to talk about it." I'm not making any blind faith assumptions.

As I mentioned, with the Super Game Boy, if you have a GB EverDrive in the SGB, and start Supee Turrican from the Super Nt menu to use a reset. Then choose "Start cartridge" it goes right back to the same game that was previously running on it. Only powering it off, then on, will bring you back to the SGB + GB Everdrive game list.

Yeah that'd be a nice option to have (to power toggle the cartridge rather than a soft reset) because with the GB Everdrive the only way to get back to the menu is to power toggle the Gameboy. Which makes it kind of suck since whenever you want to change games you have to watch the Super NT startup, and then the SGB startup. :lol: But, it's the same on a regular SNES of course.. granted, without the SNT animation.

'Course with other flashcarts like the SD2SNES you often can just do a key combo to get back to the menu (L+R+Select+X?)

Edited by NE146

Yes it does, for some people. The source being unimportant and trivial may be that way to you, but you don't speak for me. It's very important to me. If the debate is getting tiresome for you, nobody is forcing you to participate.

You're welcome to translate the silence to whatever you wish. You can believe it means you're safe, I may translate it into "not allowed to talk about it." I'm not making any blind faith assumptions.

It does not state in the linked page that it does not.

61pU-8QMMjL.jpg

7406a465e7813f646b4ddf0517abc5f4.jpg

Edited by keepdreamin
  • Like 1

2. In Game Menu won't come up with "select and down". (Has only done this one time. Don't remember the game though)

I was using Super Game Boy 2 with a dirty GB game when the GB game crashed. I did a console reset and the SGB rebooted with a black screen on the GB side. It still seemed to think the GB game was running as the SGB2 allowed me to change borders and manipulate pallets and such, but the Super Nt menu hotkey would not work. I soon realized that it WOULD work if I activated the screen saver on one of the non-default built-in borders (L, L, L, L, R). It would also work for a fraction of a second when entering the SGB2 menu (L + R). It was as if the Super Nt’s hotkey polling only works when the SGB2 is animating something on the SNES side.

I managed to induce this strange state intentionally by tweaking the GB game after the SGB accepts it (you can probably just yank it out).

Yeah that'd be a nice option to have (to power toggle the cartridge rather than a soft reset) because with the GB Everdrive the only way to get back to the menu is to power toggle the Gameboy.

Yeah, I actually may end up playing more Game Boy games on this, than I do SNES..

Which is why I impoorted a Japanese Super Game Boy 2, and also boiught a GB EverDrive from Krikzz.

whenever you want to change games you have to watch the Super NT startup, and then the SGB startup. :lol: But, it's the same on a regular SNES of course.. granted, without the SNT animation.

Well, you could disable the SNT bootup animation, but I like seeing it. An option to press start to bypass the animation would be ideal. Maybe this could be implemented in a future firmware update, once the important stuff is taken care of.

And speaking of disabled... I, in fact am, disabled. So the Super Nt power cycle option, would really make things easier for me, when playing SGB on the SNT.

Here's proof.. Just in case. Heh

Lumbar-LAT(12-11-06).jpg

'Course with other flashcarts like the SD2SNES you often can just do a key combo to get back to the menu (L+R+Select+X?)

True, but if the SNT could do this than I would turn off the In-game-hooks. Which sometimes just don't seem to work, and in addition, can also cause some abnormalities in some games. Firmware updates to the SD2SNES, have fixed many of these issues, but not all.

A (Power Cycle Super Nt) option, and the ability to have the Super Nt show the game cartridge name, "START SUPER MARIO WORLD", for example, instead of "Start Cartridge" would be 2 requested additions to the SNT. Of course, there is no hurry on these.

Apparently you missed out on that story growing up. The morale is to not incite panic when there's no reason to.

I know exactly what that story is about. I did not see how it was in any way/shape/form relevant to my comments. Who was inciting panic? I sure as hell wasn't. It sounds like barking up the wrong tree to me.

I know exactly what that story is about. I did not see how it was in any way/shape/form relevant to my comments. Who was inciting panic? I sure as hell wasn't. It sounds like barking up the wrong tree to me.

If you know who smokemonster is, and what he's done for the community over the past couple years and applied some basic reasoning skills. You wouldn't be here trying to debate with people that the source of the jailbreak is important to know.

• Like 3

The speculation is all about.. "do i dare test the jailbreak fw if someone evil made the jb"

I think they respect us due to our thoughts in this. :grin:

I’m totally not going to do the jailbreak until after I’ve done my taxes. Don’t want any Super Nt rootkits phoning home with my personal information! What’s that? There’s no SNES tax software? I wrote my own. Huh? You say it doesn’t have a network connection? Hello! Bluetooth over the controller bus!

;)

If you know who smokemonster is, and what he's done for the community over the past couple years and applied some basic reasoning skills. You wouldn't be here trying to debate with people that the source of the jailbreak is important to know.

I know who he is. You are more than welcome to make all the assumptions you want. I never tried to say otherwise. All I did was state that the source is important to me. I have my reasons and others feel the same way. It's the same logic you're trying to imply in reverse.

I’m totally not going to do the jailbreak until after I’ve done my taxes. Don’t want any Super Nt rootkits phoning home with my personal information! What’s that? There’s no SNES tax software? I wrote my own. Huh? You say it doesn’t have a network connection? Hello! Bluetooth over the controller bus!

;)

Haha, ye. Just to be sure. DO NOT use BT with jailbroken sw. Go with original SNES-controller. :grin:

I know who he is. You are more than welcome to make all the assumptions you want. I never tried to say otherwise. All I did was state that the source is important to me. I have my reasons and others feel the same way. It's the same logic you're trying to imply in reverse.

And chicken little had reasons for thinking the sky was falling. Which is why I posted that.

• Like 1

And chicken little had reasons for thinking the sky was falling. Which is why I posted that.

Chicken little was hit over the head. Nothing tangible here even applies, so your sophomoric attempt at trying to turn the tables and be funny about it doesn't even apply here. There is no "panic." Person A wants to assume something and believe it. Person B feels more comfortable with confirmation. Nobody said either person was wrong.

I'm just one of the many people who would rather use a SD2SNES with the official firmware unless I have the peace of mind that the jailbreak was made by the same person who created the official. What's so wrong about that?

Edited by Mattelot

Chicken little was hit over the head. Nothing tangible here even applies, so your sophomoric attempt at trying to turn the tables and be funny about it doesn't even apply here. There is no "panic." Person A wants to assume something and believe it. Person B feels more comfortable with confirmation. Nobody said either person was wrong.

You're not going to get confirmation, which is why it was released the way it was. So why are you even asking about it?

• Like 1