1. 1. I would pay....

2. 2. I Would Like Support for...

3. 3. Games Should Run From...

• SD Card / USB Memory Sticks
    • Original Cartridges
    • Hopes and Dreams
  4. 4. The Video Inteface Should be...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

The $1350 one - I might have to start a Go-Fund-Me to recoup some of this. Im gonna have to sell a few more of my retro systems to pay for this as I had only come up with $750 by selling the other 3 consoles. Lesson learned I guess, but trust me if things had of been different when these NT Minis were available (and Ive already described why I couldnt buy back then) then I would have snatched one up in a heartbeat. This is the first and will be the only time I ever pay such a ridiculous markup on a product.

Wow. $1350 :-o

I bet the seller has a huge grin on his face. Oh well at least now you have one. Me personally I would've waited for the right one then jumped. Like I did one mine One always pops up on ebay every week or two. Now to sell that kidney and enjoy some games :grin: Show us some pic's when it comes.

Edited by RetrogamerX

Wow. $1350 :-o

I bet the seller has a huge grin on his face. Oh well at least now you have one. Me personally I would've waited for the right one then jumped. Like I did one mine One always pops up on ebay every week or two. Now to sell that kidney and enjoy some games :grin: Show us some pic's when it comes.

Well, I had been waiting on eBay for months and the price only continues to grow exponentially. He knocked off $100, so at least I got the system for the amount of the auction I lost a couple weeks back.

But PAL games were never meant to be played in this manner. Some games like Super Mario Kart were even optimised for PAL frame rate and run too fast and glitchy on NTSC speeds. I believe PAL Super Mario World also spazzes out when run at 60Hz.

Ok, so me and a looooooot of ppl have been playing games in a way they were never meant to be played for 25 years, and we want to play them in a way they were never meant to be played again on super nt...is that better for you ?

I'd be surprised if you were living in a 50Hz country, because you wouldn't even try to make this ridiculous argument, this is/was really a thing, and the only way to play 99% of our carts at pretty much the original, INTENDED, speed. and there's like 10-20 games (mostly 1st party) that were PAL optimised or incompatible with PAL60. (not talking about region lockout here)

why do you even care ? It could be hidden behind the advanced user toggle with a big warning if that ruffles your feathers.

Back in the day the mod was like 2 latch switches attached to PPU1/2 pins and +5V and GND, if PPUs are implemented with the same pinout in the Super NT HDL sources, it's probably not going to take years to implement, and it will make a LOOOOT of ppl happy, despite what you might think.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-5060hz-switch-with-lockout-switch/

Since the Nt Mini seems to have become a rare mythical beast of $1000 or more, I think it would be a perfect time to see some 8-bit cores hit the Super Nt.

The one I really want to see is the Colecovision core. It's the system where I really started appreciating videos games. I still own my original CV deck from '82, along with tons of games and expansions, but getting it to look decent on a modern display is a problem.

Have there been any hints of the 8-bit cores making their way to the SNT? I think this would change the rating of the Super Nt from Incredible to Legendary. That's just my opinion though.

• Like 2

Well, I had been waiting on eBay for months and the price only continues to grow exponentially. He knocked off $100, so at least I got the system for the amount of the auction I lost a couple weeks back.

Dang. Shoulda waited this one out to see where he'd come down. There were six other offers made by others so he had to see people weren't wanting to pay that BIN price. Glad you got one though. PM me the other stuff you want to sell, I might wanna buy some lol.

• Like 1

Since the Nt Mini seems to have become a rare mythical beast of $1000 or more, I think it would be a perfect time to see some 8-bit cores hit the Super Nt.

The one I really want to see is the Colecovision core. It's the system where I really started appreciating videos games. I still own my original CV deck from '82, along with tons of games and expansions, but getting it to look decent on a modern display is a problem.

Have there been any hints of the 8-bit cores making their way to the SNT? I think this would change the rating of the Super Nt from Incredible to Legendary. That's just my opinion though.

I don't think we'll see other cores on the super NT. It would have been out by now. I could be wrong though? (to be honest I very much doubt we will) I thought I heard there was going to be a multi-console with loads of different systems coming from analogue? Don't know if it's true, but would be amazing to see. Hoping Mega NT is next?

Kevtris has been busy squashing bugs it has appeared. So even if they're planned, I doubt that they'd of happened yet when there were still SNES games not running 100%.

And I personally don't know what their plans are of course, but with the Super NT nearly 100% now with just a few lingering issues like Prince of Persia, I think I'll give up hope if summer closes this year without any news on this front.

Analogue has never announced such a multi-system. Speculation is high that their next product is a Genesis themed one though. For many of us, it seems like the natural next target now that they've tackled the NES and the SNES. Of course, Analogue's plans might be very different. We'll just have to be patient and wait and see.

If you read this Kevtris, I'd sure love to be able to play Bally Astrocade games on my Super NT someday. ;)

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Kevtris has been busy squashing bugs, it has appeared. So even if they're planned, I doubt they'd of happened yet.

And I personally don't know what their plans are of course, but with the Super NT nearly 100% now, I think I'll give up hope if summer closes this year without any news on this front.

Analogue has never announced such a multi-system. Speculation is high that their next product is a Genesis one though. For many of us, it seems like the natural next target now that they've tackled the NES and the SNES.

I figured it was a rumour. It's nice to dream though. Hoping for Mega NT with 32X and Sega CD support?

Edited by RetrogamerX

Hoping for Megadrive next with 32X and Sega CD support?

I believe Kevtris has basically said that fpga technology isn't there yet to replicate such a setup.

So I believe we all expect a Genesis product if happens over the next couple of years from Analogue, to support Genesis cartridges only.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Does anyone know if the Famicom Network controller works on the Nt Mini (ColecoVision core)?

How about the SNES NTT Data controller? Anyone know if that would function with a SNES to NES converter (Raphnet)? I've been searching through old posts but I can't find if the Network controller was fixed or not.

Would also appreciate suggestions for other useful NES controllers for various cores. A good joystick for Atari games maybe?

The Fami Network controller works on the Nt mini, i've tested it myself. Don't remember if there was only some cores but it works.

Also the SNES NTT data controller works, I think Kevtris uses one himself for development and testing. Suppose it works with those adapters since its only a physical conversion.

Why Peoples are stuck in old games? They are so booring , why you just play New games and consoles and computers much fun

One thing doesn't exclude the other. But in my case, with wife and kids the time aspect is quite great. I don't have the time to jump into a large game. Love just blasting ducks for 10 mins, or beat Mega Man in an hour..

• Like 3

The $1350 one - I might have to start a Go-Fund-Me to recoup some of this. Im gonna have to sell a few more of my retro systems to pay for this as I had only come up with $750 by selling the other 3 consoles. Lesson learned I guess, but trust me if things had of been different when these NT Minis were available (and Ive already described why I couldnt buy back then) then I would have snatched one up in a heartbeat. This is the first and will be the only time I ever pay such a ridiculous markup on a product.

Geeze man. No game console is worth going into debt over. I hope you get your money's worth out of it. :P

Ok, so me and a looooooot of ppl have been playing games in a way they were never meant to be played for 25 years, and we want to play them in a way they were never meant to be played again on super nt...is that better for you ?

I'd be surprised if you were living in a 50Hz country, because you wouldn't even try to make this ridiculous argument, this is/was really a thing, and the only way to play 99% of our carts at pretty much the original, INTENDED, speed. and there's like 10-20 games (mostly 1st party) that were PAL optimised or incompatible with PAL60. (not talking about region lockout here)

why do you even care ? It could be hidden behind the advanced user toggle with a big warning if that ruffles your feathers.

Back in the day the mod was like 2 latch switches attached to PPU1/2 pins and +5V and GND, if PPUs are implemented with the same pinout in the Super NT HDL sources, it's probably not going to take years to implement, and it will make a LOOOOT of ppl happy, despite what you might think.

http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/snes-5060hz-switch-with-lockout-switch/

Did the 60Hz mod ever work on 1chip models? Just curious as all the info I found online was for modding 2-chip models.

My original SNES is a 1chip north American boxy purple SNES-001 with absolutely no "yellowing". Guess I was one of the lucky ones. To be honest I've never really had a need or desire to mess with 50Hz. Very, very few games that were neither released in Japan nor North America worth playing. The few games that were PAL/JPN exclusive were had cheaper from Japan. And yes, the squarish form factor with purple accents is sexy despite what naysayers might think. Edge labels you can actually read? Yes please! :cool:

That said, I've got two PAL NES games, Mario Bros Classic Serie (with the improved cutscenes and physics) and the Mario/Tetris/World Cup 3-in-1. Playing PAL optimized Mario at NTSC speeds is pretty fun if you want a challenge boost for the original game. Yup, I cut off pin 4 of the lockout chip a long, long time ago on my NES. I also got two PAL exclusive Megadrive games, Psycho Pinball and Micro Machines II. And if I want to play PAL games on the Super NT, I have the option to do so with the jailbreak firmware. There was also that one Taz N64 game which was PAL exclusive. I've played it on my Everdrive 64v3 on the one CRT we own that can sync to NTSC50, but it crops off the bottom. Also 50Hz CRT flicker hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. 60Hz does not.

FINALLY, THE SUPER NT ALREADY DOES HAVE THE BUILT IN REGION SWITCH YOU ASKED FOR. Boot the game in PAL mode to bypass the region check. As soon as the title screen loads, access the menu (Down + Select) and got to hardware -> region -> and select PAL. Hit select on the controller to exit to the game and you can play it in 60Hz until you power off or restart. I would assume you still had to flick the 50Hz/60Hz switch after the game booted to get past region checks on original modded hardware too?

I believe Kevtris has basically said that fpga technology isn't there yet to replicate such a setup.

So I believe we all expect a Genesis product if happens over the next couple of years from Analogue, to support Genesis cartridges only.

And SMS. Don't forget the backwards compatibility built into every Sega Genesis! ;-)

Why Peoples are stuck in old games? They are so booring , why you just play New games and consoles and computers much fun

You are on the wrong forum, my friend. Can I recommend IGN or Gamespot? There is a reason this site is called Atari-Age! :lol:

• Like 1

1) DLC

2) Microtransactions

3) Lootboxes/Gachapon

4) Subscription/Rental costs (Xbox Live/PSN)

Pretty much everything for the 8-bit systems, and most software for the 16-bit systems (other than the Satellaview) have none of this. Satellaview is an early "subscription/DLC" model that was in Japan before internet access was a thing.

Like I hate to say it, but in a decade, many of the stuff released for the Wii, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360 will simply be gone. Digital downloaded it? Well kiss it good bye when the console dies. Physically own a disc or cart? Well when the console dies you have to start all your games over again. At least when we had that period of time with the separate memory cards and media, one could just copy or move the save files from one console to another. Right now, anything you bought for the Xbox360, is gone the minute the hard drive dies. And that happens a lot. The entire reason Xbox 360 emulators ironically have reached the point they have is due to the notoriously unreliable Xbox 360 and Xbox 360 S models, and salvaging the games off actual systems is difficult since the drives just straight up die for no reason. It's a mess.

I almost wish that that there were was more excitement for "HD" models of classic consoles and not these software-emulator "good enough" things. Imagine for a minute a NES/SNES/SMS/MD type of console that actually could be programmed for with a toolset on your computer, and then plugged into the HD console, and the console takes care of the SD->HD scaling, and playback of HD music and sound effects. We do see a lot of "pixelart" games every year come out on steam, but very few of them actually have the control tightness of an actual 8-bit system. Undertale was released in 2015, but it's input is not tight enough on a modern system to actually pull it off as intended. Many other games, that were console ports, like Cave Story+ are actually rather buggy at HD, let alone 4K resolution, and thus the input feels mushy.

• Like 2

I don't think we'll see other cores on the super NT. It would have been out by now. I could be wrong though? (to be honest I very much doubt we will) I thought I heard there was going to be a multi-console with loads of different systems coming from analogue? Don't know if it's true, but would be amazing to see. Hoping Mega NT is next?

I think first and foremost Kevtris is focused on getting the Super Nt as bug free as humanly possible.

Then perhaps?...

I would rather the Mega Nt doesn't come out until the FPGA is powerful enough to handle the 32x and Sega CD. I already like the way the Genesis looks with it's nice looking RGB encoder and the sound on a model 1 is quite good. What I don't like is the issues I have with my finicky Sega CD. I think a lot of Sega CD owners are starting to have issues with it.

IIRC the Zimba 3000 is (or was) supposed to also have cartridge and controller add-ons.

So I don't personally think that adding old 8-bit console cores to the Super Nt would detract anyone from buying that.

I'm stuck in ALL games. From the 1972 Odyssey to the Nintendo Switch.

VGO_Panarama-new.jpg

Old games... boring? Naaaah. Have you looked at the name of the forum you're in? haha

And some might say the same about sitting through a 5 minute non-interactive cut scene while waiting to actually play the game. :P

I don

't think we'll see other cores on the super NT. It would have been out by now. I could be wrong though? (to be honest I very much doubt we will) I thought I heard there was going to be a multi-console with loads of different systems coming from analogue? Don't know if it's true, but would be amazing to see. Hoping Mega NT is next?

• Like 1

I think first and foremost Kevtris is focused on getting the Super Nt as bug free as humanly possible.

Then perhaps?...

I would rather the Mega Nt doesn't come out until the FPGA is powerful enough to handle the 32x and Sega CD. I already like the way the Genesis looks with it's nice looking RGB encoder and the sound on a model 1 is quite good. What I don't like is the issues I have with my finicky Sega CD. I think a lot of Sega CD owners are starting to have issues with it.

IIRC the Zimba 3000 is (or was) supposed to also have cartridge and controller add-ons.

So I don't personally think that adding old 8-bit console cores to the Super Nt would detract anyone from buying that.

VGO_Panarama-new.jpg

Old games... boring? Naaaah. Have you looked at the name of the forum you're in? haha

And some might say the same about sitting through a 5 minute non-interactive cut scene while waiting to actually play the game. :P

That picture... I want to move in. lol

• Like 4

FYI: SD2SNES gsu v0.7 is out (4h ago)

https://github.com/RedGuyyyy/sd2snes/releases

since v0.5, in v0.6 and v0.7, redguy added gsu fast option in menu and gotten closer to actual gsu speed when in normal speed mode (I think the difference has been cut in half or even a bit better).

Obviously I play with the combo SD2SNES + SuperNt and it's been a breeze.

• Like 1

Did the 60Hz mod ever work on 1chip models? Just curious as all the info I found online was for modding 2-chip models.

My original SNES is a 1chip north American boxy purple SNES-001 with absolutely no "yellowing". Guess I was one of the lucky ones. To be honest I've never really had a need or desire to mess with 50Hz. Very, very few games that were neither released in Japan nor North America worth playing. The few games that were PAL/JPN exclusive were had cheaper from Japan. And yes, the squarish form factor with purple accents is sexy despite what naysayers might think. Edge labels you can actually read? Yes please! :cool:

That said, I've got two PAL NES games, Mario Bros Classic Serie (with the improved cutscenes and physics) and the Mario/Tetris/World Cup 3-in-1. Playing PAL optimized Mario at NTSC speeds is pretty fun if you want a challenge boost for the original game. Yup, I cut off pin 4 of the lockout chip a long, long time ago on my NES. I also got two PAL exclusive Megadrive games, Psycho Pinball and Micro Machines II. And if I want to play PAL games on the Super NT, I have the option to do so with the jailbreak firmware. There was also that one Taz N64 game which was PAL exclusive. I've played it on my Everdrive 64v3 on the one CRT we own that can sync to NTSC50, but it crops off the bottom. Also 50Hz CRT flicker hurts my eyes and gives me headaches. 60Hz does not.

FINALLY, THE SUPER NT ALREADY DOES HAVE THE BUILT IN REGION SWITCH YOU ASKED FOR. Boot the game in PAL mode to bypass the region check. As soon as the title screen loads, access the menu (Down + Select) and got to hardware -> region -> and select PAL. Hit select on the controller to exit to the game and you can play it in 60Hz until you power off or restart. I would assume you still had to flick the 50Hz/60Hz switch after the game booted to get past region checks on original modded hardware too?

I fail to see your point, still.

A hot key combo for region and one for 50/60 (granted real 60 support is added for PAL) would be more confortable, since some games do more than the bootup region check (at least Megaman X2 and X3, on top of my head (after each bosses) (a key combo would be quicker for those checks)

Why even mention 1Chip systems ? (ok, yeah, you're curious, answer is yes, you can check with FFVIMan, who's french, mods SNES for free and has the best/cleanest setup to do so AFAIK) the Super NT is 2 chip based AFAIK, so were most SNES in Europe... I'm advocating for real 60hz support here... and you're want 50Hz out of you games ? LOL first, it works on Super NT, you can run a us cart and switch to 1080p50.

I don't see the point in running games at 50Hz on an NA system... most tv sets over NA wouldn't even support 50Hz.

(and yes, we had black bars and wrong aspect ratios, and games slowed down because of 50Hz)

Not even discussing the NA SNES sexiness, it's a matter of nostalgia, never had one, none were officially sold in EU, so, to each its own, I guess.

Then perhaps?...

VGO_Panarama-new.jpg

And some might say the same about sitting through a 5 minute non-interactive cut scene while waiting to actually play the ggame.

I think you are just hoarder and never play them

This is an attempt at humor, right RadikusRLZ? Theres no way you are being serious. Ive got 5 kiddos and whether it be the eldest (14) or youngest (4), they have the option in our house (from a PS4 Pro down to a Dreamcast all the way down to Pong Consoles, and many consoles in between. Theyd rather choose the 8bit or 16bit consoles and games even over their iPad/iPhones - why? - in their own explanation they will describe how advanced graphics arent as important to them as the overall experience. In fact my 10 year old son described it best when he said the other day about a particular Atari 2600 game it leaves more to the imagination than my PS4 games. I happen to agree, especially since I grew up in that era of gaming.

Sure there are some great modern games (I love F13 by Gun Media) and Ive met about 5 folks through that game that have become close friends regardless of the fact that we are from different states.

To say that (all, or a majority) of retro games are boring is either an attempt at humor or someone who hasnt honestly had the opportunity to experience some of the titles that defined success in that era.

Please reaffirm my faith in humanity and tell us you were pulling the wool over our eyes. You got us! To quote former POTUS GWB, There's an old saying in Tennessee I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee that says, fool me once, shame on shame on you. Fool me you can't get fooled again." ?

(edited: I do not understand why, but the apostrophes are disappearing from my posts.)

Edited by SanfordSeven
  • Like 2