IGNORED

Deep Zone

artrag

SCREEN and DEFINE data with intybasic code ;-)

Actually it would be nice to have a message on the last line

"Press any key to start"

Just a question, why do you use different sizes in the "blocks" composing the title?

About the original inspiration for titles and enemies, all stems from this:

post-22013-0-00285900-1448113125_thumb.png

Edited by artrag

SCREEN and DEFINE data with intybasic code ;-)

OK. I'll have to translate it since my scripts generate Assembly MACRO calls from my P-Machinery framework.

Actually it would be nice to have a message on the last line

"Press any key to start"

You can easily add that with a PRINT overlaying the screen. That way you can cycle colours or flash the message to make it more interesting. :)

Just a question, why do you use different sized in the "blocks" composing the title?

Oops! Copy+paste error, sorry. I do these screens by hand in ASCII characters.

Fixed!

post-27318-0-22946200-1448114624_thumb.gif

About the original inspiration for titles and enemies, all stems from this:

Yes, I know, but it seems to be a completely different game and style. Once you crossed the "Gyruss" boundary, it became a more serious and graphically sophisticated game. Just my opinion.

-dZ.

I've just found IntyColor... even if not perfect with sprites it seems the right tool to get the data.

Aha! Then I shall stop cranking out my MACRO-to-IntyBASIC transformer. IntyColor is definitely better for IntyBASIC screens. In the case of yours, it's rather simple so there are no color stack conflicts or anything that needs clever utilization of the stack.

Attached is the ASCII source of the screen for your reference, the BACKTAB data, and the unique GRAM tile set for the background. Let me know if you need anything else.

scene_title.txt

scene_title_btab.asm

scene_title_cards.asm

Edited by DZ-Jay

Thanks tomorrow I will try to add it

I only said it because I thought you were going to process your PNG template image through IntyColor. If not, I can still translate my ASM/P-Machinery data to IntyBASIC code. Let me know.

-dZ.

Do not worry I can code the basic loader by myself. But just in case of changes, could you post your picture without borders ? I see two upper and lower lines in the current one.

LOL! Sorry, that was from the original screen that was there, I just overwrote the content but left the border with dark green. The funny thing is that, although you can't hear it, every time I boot up the screen it plays the Christmas Carol theme song. :lol:

Attached is an updated screenshot with a green border to match the background.

post-27318-0-04186100-1448189560_thumb.gif

-dZ.

Personally, I am not fond of the green background for this sort of game. It looks much too Christmassy. :P

Here are a few quick experiments with the colours just to play.

post-27318-0-77807400-1448189910_thumb.gifpost-27318-0-64709100-1448189916_thumb.gifpost-27318-0-19898600-1448189922_thumb.gif

I personally like the third one, and I would use at least 5 MOBs to make the saucer very colourful and animated, Close Encounters style! ;)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay

Draft title screen added. I worked on your last color scheme

Ufo animation is missing.

All files are in the first post

Looks strange, some of the letters are distorted weirdly.

post-27318-0-28092600-1448232629_thumb.gif <- Mine

post-27318-0-14166700-1448232667_thumb.gif <- New

Edited by DZ-Jay

The idea was to have a stretching effect, maybe I can give another try with a tool instead of tweaking manually the letters.

I understand. At least of those two, I prefer the original. The resolution of the blocks is low enough to make it hard for it to look good if you make the letters too thin.

If not doable, this could be a second best

What do you think?

I did it also a bit larger, maybe it looks better

Looks cool. I vote for the second one, it looks less clumsy.

That said, I'll at with the other one you posted before -- I like the little block look.

You should be able to pass it through IntyColor and build it.

dZ

this is the best i can do with 63 tiles

files updated in the first post

the word zone needs to move to the left. The two words arent centered. Other than that i like it.

edit: to keep the left side and right side in an even line i shrunk all 4 letters of the word zone horizontally. this version is politically correct but might not fit the 64 tiles. im too lazy to count them right now

post-30773-0-59577000-1448320735.png

Edited by pimpmaul69