I agree that paddles would be much better... maybe the driving controller?

Driving controller has poor resolution, 16 ticks per rotation. I would recommend paddles for any game that is locked to vertical or horizontal movement with defined boundaries. I wonder how paddle hacks of Space Invaders or Galaxian would play? Probably a twitch fest, LOL! :lolblue:

Driving controller has poor resolution, 16 ticks per rotation. I would recommend paddles for any game that is locked to vertical or horizontal movement with defined boundaries. I wonder how paddle hacks of Space Invaders or Galaxian would play? Probably a twitch fest, LOL! :lolblue:

They'd play like Kaboom...which would be awesome...

• Like 1

I don't think so, no. But due to a HDD crash last year, I cannot tell exactly.

Thanks for making all these trackball hacks. I'd like to see Trackball compatibility added to this Missile Command Arcade hack that uses joystick (or TB in joystick mode) and a track and field controller for the three bases.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/71805-missile-command-arcade/?p=1109279

That would be the perfect 2600 Missile Command

Why would you hack something for joystick use which already supports a joystick? :?

I think Swami means he'd like the 3-base hack to be made to use a trakball instead of the joystick.

Thanks to you and OmegaMatrix for making all these hacks!

Yes. I meant to say I would like to see a conversion of the 2600 Missile Command Arcade 3-base firing hack, which is currently only joystick compatible for directions, into a proportional trackball hack. Sorry, if that was worded poorly.

Yes. I meant to say I would like to see a conversion of the 2600 Missile Command Arcade 3-base firing hack, which is currently only joystick compatible for directions, into a proportional trackball hack. Sorry, if that was worded poorly.

A custom Trak Ball with 3 fire buttons would be sweet.

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but Wall Ball could sure use trakball control if it doesn't already. Not sure if it's worth it for such a rare game.

Rarity? No problem:

http://atariage.com/system_items.html?SystemID=2600&ItemTypeID=ROM&orderBy=Name&orderByValue=Ascending&recordsPerPage=100&currentPage=7

I don't know if this has been suggested or not, but Wall Ball could sure use trakball control if it doesn't already. Not sure if it's worth it for such a rare game.

Actually I had started hacking Wall Ball. I fixed some minor things, but I found it almost impossible to play, even after I had added some shadows. This game needs more orientation.

post-45-0-06946700-1541489890_thumb.png

Another game where game play breaks if AtariVox+ is attached is Star Wars.

I have told Al from the Store's 'contact us'.

Millepede and Star Wars The Arcade Game are affected.

Due to the genius of finding ram and adding demanding Trak-Ball CPU checks, the unused joystick port 2 is repurposed in a way that will break game play if the AtariVox+ device is attached, causing left/right movement to glitch.

The Store already informs that Millipede is not compatible and will play incorrectly when AtariVox+ is attached.