RWAP

Replacement Controller Membranes

20 minutes ago, RWAP said:

Yes I was going to offer it as a kit of all 3 parts - the mylar, the top layer with the keypad and the thin insulating layer.

It makes more sense than offering them individually.

I guess I’ll be following this topic now.  Can’t let this opportunity get away.   Who would have figured mylar would be something that makes you go ‘oooh! Cool’. 

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2019 at 1:41 PM, adam1977 said:

I thought i'd add a couple of pictures of the mylars, they are excellent quality and my controllers are as good as new now :)

DSC2834.jpg

DSC2835.jpg

These are the actual new keypads?  Wow, they look amazing!  How about the control mylar and what version do you use for the circuit? 

I'm sorry if this all has been mentioned, I'm a little late to the conversation.

Great work!

3 hours ago, IMBerzerk said:

These are the actual new keypads?  Wow, they look amazing!  How about the control mylar and what version do you use for the circuit? 

I'm sorry if this all has been mentioned, I'm a little late to the conversation.

Great work!

Yes - Adam has two sets of the new control mylar and top layers for testing and supplied these pictures.

I don't yet have the new controller mylars myself, but they are based on the Canadian 2609 part number 2609-9589 marked "EURO RR REV-D"

Rich

Just an update - the replacement Intellivision I controller mylars should be with me next week, based on the improved Canadian part number: 2609-9589 marked "EURO RR REV-D"

Cost will be £12 + postage (including VAT) for a set consisting of a mylar, the separation layer and the top keypad layer (as shown in Adam's photos)

So far as I know these will only suit the Intellivision I and the Sears (Super Video Arcade) model.  Any others?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RWAP said:

Cost will be £12 + postage (including VAT) for a set consisting of a mylar, the separation layer and the top keypad layer (as shown in Adam's photos)

Will be interested in ordering some for shipping to Canada if possible.   Have a 2nd non-functional Intellivision 1 I want to restore.  

7 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

Will be interested in ordering some for shipping to Canada if possible.   Have a 2nd non-functional Intellivision 1 I want to restore.  

We ship worldwide.  One of the benefits of us being VAT registered is that we would not charge the VAT on shipping outside of the EU (so you would see a price of £10 + shipping).  Of course, there might be customs fees to pay at your end.

7 minutes ago, RWAP said:

We ship worldwide.  One of the benefits of us being VAT registered is that we would not charge the VAT on shipping outside of the EU (so you would see a price of £10 + shipping).  Of course, there might be customs fees to pay at your end.

What?  You won’t cover my taxes and duties????   Madness I say!!!

Sounds completely reasonable.  :)

6 minutes ago, Sinjinhawke said:

What?  You won’t cover my taxes and duties????   Madness I say!!!

Sounds completely reasonable.  :)

It certainly makes for a more level playing field for customers around the globe (and might help my EU customers once Brexit happens)...

• Like 1

Will these be made available through other means that don't require me to register with another site I will most likely not visit again after this one purchase?

2 minutes ago, -^Cro§Bow^- said:

Will these be made available through other means that don't require me to register with another site I will most likely not visit again after this one purchase?

No plans to list on any other sites - because (a) I run sellmyretro.com and (b) unlike other options, prices can reflect where the buyer is located..  ie, as you are outside the EU, then I can offer you the price and shipping without VAT,  compared to someone who is in the EU who has to pay the VAT on both the item and shipping.

If it is going to be a one-off purchase, then I can deal through PayPal - but you need to pm me with your name, address, paypal email and how many sets you need etc.  It is more work for me though and so I do not recommend this to everyone - otherwise I would have to increase prices to cover the extra time!

On 9/12/2019 at 12:49 PM, Lathe26 said:

Just placed my order for 10 of them.  Having spares seems like a good investment.

I can’t compete with that.  I ordered 2 pairs.   

• Haha 1

Picked up three sets for myself and my brother. Long road to get there, but glad it worked out, and thanks for your efforts in making this happen!

50 minutes ago, rmzalbar said:

Holy hell that was fast delivery. Received them today, 9/16, only 5 days after I ordered. They look top notch!

Thank you - glad to hear they arrived safely