IGNORED

Lynx Lounge

btbfilms76

Arguably the best looking game on the Lynx. Oversize graphics look simply amazing. Who cares if you can't see the whole screen as per the arcade, adds to the challenge. The beat'em up that defined my childhood at the arcade. Great review.

It artificially makes the game more difficult. That's like saying I like placing electrical tape over half my Lynx screen because it adds to the challenge.

And yeah, the price is crazy on the title now. I remember it being one of the harder ones to find to complete my full set many years ago. I paid $75 for a NOS copy in 2013. Probably the most expensive Lynx game I own.

Holy cow, I just checked pricecharting. You'd think Double Dragon, a popular franchise, would be less than three figures loose. It was the second highest priced game behind Bubble Trouble.

EDIT: off topic, but why does price charting show historical price of $12 grand on bubble trouble?

Arguably the best looking game on the Lynx. Oversize graphics look simply amazing. Who cares if you can't see the whole screen as per the arcade, adds to the challenge. The beat'em up that defined my childhood at the arcade. Great review.

Thanks a lot, I had a blast putting this one together. It's great to look back and see how bad ass this machine really was.

• 4 weeks later...

Another great arcade port on the Lynx

What one did you like playing - TG-16, Lynx or arcade?

There's also a Famicom port which works fairly well. One caveat is the Dpad is jump in the Famicom version, with A and B to move. I never got the hang of playing the Famicom version due to this fact. Lynx got the controls right, and Turbografx provided both control options I believe. And yes, Pacman was one of the four original Lynx games I had as a teen so it holds a special place in my heart. :)

One minor factual correction: Pacland came out in 1984, a year before Super Mario Bros standardized the side-scrolling platforming. So that explains the weird button controls, as opposed to Joystick operation like most arcade games before and since. Super Mario wasn't the first but it perfected the genre.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...