IGNORED

Brand new CV JUICEBOX Backward compatible with SGM

juice2839

im in for one :)

what i would like however is a kit form, im interested in this stuff so would like to build it myself from the parts if possible :)

Keep in mind 50% of the parts used on this pcb are surface mount. I wouldn't have any problems selling one un-assembled but with no warranty or support.

Keep in mind 50% of the parts used on this pcb are surface mount. I wouldn't have any problems selling one un-assembled but with no warranty or support.

surface mount could be an issue depending on pin spacing

i would probably socket everything that can be socketed for future breakage

Cool work in progress. :)

By the way, I hope that you have not folowed the schematic found on internet, has some errors exist.

I can see two holes around the VDP ; Probably to screw a heat sink... The problem is related to the bad way to generate the VDP clock. (better to fix that)

Good luck,

TotO.

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN

Cool work in progress. :)

By the way, I hope that you have not folowed the schematic found on internet, has some errors exist.

I can see two holes around the VDP ; Probably to screw a heat sink... The problem is related to the bad way to generate the VDP clock. (better to fix that)

Good luck,

TotO.

The 2 holes are to hold a daughter board down to the main pcb in the VDP socket if you are using the RGB daughter board. I made my own schematic of the colecovision. I found several errors in the schematic posted on AA.

The 2 holes are to hold a daughter board down to the main pcb in the VDP socket if you are using the RGB daughter board. I made my own schematic of the colecovision. I found several errors in the schematic posted on AA.

OK, so it is perfect. ;) (I have made my own too)

Edited by TotOOntHeMooN

OK, so it is perfect. ;) (I have made my own too)

I did away with the M1 wait circuit as that was wrong in the schematic and also not needed because today the memory is plenty fast enough. I also used a 3.58mhz clock instead of the extra divide by 2 circuit. I streamlined other areas as well like using a CPLD for most of the address decoding and running the SGM clone section of the audio. Some other features include a header for 8 bit I/O and another header with 3 I/O ports mapped. I hope to offer a speech synthiser module, keyboard interface module and maybe a wireless controller module that plugs right to this pcb.

Edited by juice2839

• 1 month later...

Any updates on this?

Also, how are you generating video? Is a TMS chip or F18 solution required or have you implemented something else?

Thanks

This is coming. We are working out a few more details, but hope to have these out soon. I've been working on the SGM clone first to help finance this new motherboard.

Edited by juice2839
  • Like 1