IGNORED

The Video Game Homebrew Crash of 2016

Andrew Davie

What's the opposite of a crash? A boom?

...wait, what? I never realized before that those words are both synonyms and antonyms.

Simultaneously synonymous and antonymous (also onomatapoetic, but that's beside the point). English much confuse me.

• Like 1

Generally in a collision, the boom (or explosion) typically follows the crash, often caused by the ignition of fuel that has escaped from it's storage receptacle.

In marketing, the crash typically follows the boom, often the result of unsustainable inflation in value of stocks or commodities.

• Like 1

I think the last home brews I bought that came out New were Dungeon and the Evil Magician Returns. I fell off for a long time due to new job etc. I would pop in from time to time and did get discouraged when I'd find a limited release thread for a game that didn't seem great. I do wish there was a more dedicated thread to intended tok be released. Also I am probably the only person that does not own a Harmony cart.

That being said.....

What have been some of the best I've missed in past two years? 2600 or 7800?

Also what are some promising developments for me to keep an eye on?

I think the last home brews I bought that came out New were Dungeon and the Evil Magician Returns. I fell off for a long time due to new job etc. I would pop in from time to time and did get discouraged when I'd find a limited release thread for a game that didn't seem great. I do wish there was a more dedicated thread to intended tok be released. Also I am probably the only person that does not own a Harmony cart.

That being said.....

What have been some of the best I've missed in past two years? 2600 or 7800?

Also what are some promising developments for me to keep an eye on?

I'm the other person without a Harmony cart too.

Best 2600 homebrews last few years...IMO:

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (I own)

Lady Bug LE (I own)

Wall Jump Ninja

Star Castle Arcade

Pinata (not available anymore)

• Like 1

I'm the other person without a Harmony cart too.

Best 2600 homebrews last few years...IMO:

Stay Frosty 2: Stay Frostier (I own)

Lady Bug LE (I own)

Wall Jump Ninja

Star Castle Arcade

Pinata (not available anymore)

See I was thinking stay frosty 2 bc I have the one holiday cart. I already have ladybug. I kind of want kc cruiser too. Need to get thrust+

• Like 2

Pianta getting pulled was a surprise. Lucky I got mine when it launched. I heard the author requested it be pulled from the AA store for unknown personal reason.

Oddly, my cart always initializes to one of the built in games and I have to press Start+Select to jump back to menu. The Harmony ROM does not do this. Anybody else have this issue?

Pianta getting pulled was a surprise. Lucky I got mine when it launched. I heard the author requested it be pulled from the AA store for unknown personal reason.

Oddly, my cart always initializes to one of the built in games and I have to press Start+Select to jump back to menu. The Harmony ROM does not do this. Anybody else have this issue?

Where can you get the rom? Is the ntsc 112 the final?

So we have an alarm that goes off when FIRE is depressed. The AHSCWD (Atari Home Security Cyber Watch Dog) protecting your home investment from intruders since 1977. :jango:

The trick is to get the intruder to press the fire button. LOL.

But yes, you get the idea.

I decided I needed some security for my Star Castle Arcade cart that I ordered from the AA store.

Maybe I will set the SCA on a pedestal where the cart rests on a fire button. Then when someone lifts the cart and releases the button the alert will catch them unless they quickly sub in a tiny bag of sand.

They just have to be quicker than Batari Basic which, I don't think they will be.

Maybe Billy Mitchell would be fast enough but yeah, not most people because uhh you know Batari Basic is pretty quick.

Edited by SIO2
  • Like 1

See I was thinking stay frosty 2 bc I have the one holiday cart. I already have ladybug. I kind of want kc cruiser too. Need to get thrust+

You can check SF2 out via Stella. We released a demo on Christmas day back in 2013, and last summer we had Christmas in July for the High Score Club with the full version.

Thrust+ is awesome.

• Like 2