IGNORED

WTB: TRS-80 PC-2000 desktop emblem

Shawn

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

'Prolly gonna hafta buy a junker system and strip it for the badge. Toss the rest. Ebay has one going just under $200. Either that or keep waiting till someone shows up willing to strip theirs before they junk it.

Alternately you can offer the ebay seller $50 on the side to sell you the badge only. I did that several times with Apple II stuff - sometimes it works.

..or just keep bumping the thread.

'Prolly gonna hafta buy a junker system and strip it for the badge. Toss the rest. Ebay has one going just under $200. Either that or keep waiting till someone shows up willing to strip theirs before they junk it.

Alternately you can offer the ebay seller $50 on the side to sell you the badge only. I did that several times with Apple II stuff - sometimes it works.

..or just keep bumping the thread.

I saw the one on ebay for $200 but it would be $200 to ship it also. I have half considered buying a dead one and using it for my pc. Would be funny to set it up with all modern guts. I did that years ago with an IBM XT (or AT) case when I bought my first pentium class parts.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

How common was the Tandy 2000?

While I can remember the launch announcement on the cover of TRS-80 Microcomputer Newsletter (to which I subscribed at the time), I do not recall having ever seen one in local RS stores (or at second hand shops). The various 1000-series models are much more common.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How common was the Tandy 2000?

While I can remember the launch announcement on the cover of TRS-80 Microcomputer Newsletter (to which I subscribed at the time), I do not recall having ever seen one in local RS stores (or at second hand shops). The various 1000-series models are much more common.

I'm not sure how common or uncommon it was back then. I know it sold better in Canada than in some other markets. Mine was purchased locally here in the Ottawa area at Radio Shack (obviously). I enjoyed the heck out of it while I had one aside from some of the PC games that didn't run on it cause it wasn't 100 percent IBM compatible, more like 75 percent IBM compatible. The game it couldn't play that it should have been able to was Maniac Manson. 30 years later? Ya it's been a PITA to find this emblem I'm after. I was totally ignorant to it's level of obscurity until I started trying to track one down.

post-7107-0-43750200-1540938327_thumb.jpg

I bought one in the late 80s from Radio Shack in our local mall. It was some sort of corporate machine that had every option conceivable on it. Dual floppies with internal HD, high res board, extended memory, their best color monitor made for CAD work, lots of business software, modem, etc. I paid exactly $100 for the entire setup. I went through their catalog and added up everything and that system was well over $10,000 originally.

I already had a 100EX at the time that I loved. I thought the 2000 was the deal of the century until I found out it ran next to no MSDOS software. It had some conversion utility that helped but nothing fun stood a chance of running on it. It was so close to being compatible it was frustrating.

I eventually let my best friend borrow it so we could play Trade Wars on all the local BBSs and I never got it back. We're still best friends and I'm pretty sure it's stashed away in his parents' house with his original Apple IIe. I have some hope of maybe getting it back one day.

I'm planning on going to Tandy Assembly and I'll keep an eye out for one of those emblems.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...