Bryan

New video upgrade coming soon!

Think I’ve figured it. If I use the jumpers then connect the wires to the cd4050 holes on the uav then to the relavent points on the a2600 board it should work.

How did you figure out the connection b/w socket points and jumpers? I would like to understand the logic and the reason why we need to put the jumpers in specific positions. I know that the CD4060 is used in different ways by different system and we need to route signals in the correct way, but I would like to know the details of each pin in the jumpers section.

That way I might be able to get rid of the pin header, to route the signals just by using soldered cables and to have a low profile solution.

I did more-or-less exactly this on my 800XL - just solder wire jumpers in place of where the pin jumpers should go.

Just followed the jumper settings for 800XL without really caring about the purpose of each pin, but they're pretty clearly labeled in the schematics as being the 4 luma channels plus power and ground.

https://twitter.com/48kRAM/status/883007320254492674

• Like 1

i would like to order a basic UAV board
please let me know the total cost including shipping to the UK
many thanks

I am in for two of these fine products!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Atari!

Located in the united States

Edited by randyg

i would like to order a basic UAV board

please let me know the total cost including shipping to the UK

many thanks

I am in for two of these fine products!

Thank you for your hard work and dedication to the Atari!

Located in the united States

Guys, this is the VERY old thread that resulted in the original Rev C UAV boards being developed and sold. Bryan long ago moved onto a new revision (Rev D) and a new thread.

If you read that thread, however, he's working on a Rev E and is probably out of these by now.

• Like 4

Hello guys

Maybe Albert can close this thread?

Sincerely

Mathy

close the thread? i need a board! or i have a 1088xel brick!

I read the instructions for installing on a 1200XL. Is all that lifting required anyway or just if you want to use the original video connector? I removed the RF modulator and would rather mount a second video connector.

I also installed a simple stereo which would provide the audio output for the new video connector. I still ponder what's the best way to route all that out of the Atari without drilling lots of holes. I thought about a 7-pin DIN connector (with the two extra pins used for the L/R audio). That would allow using "normal" video cables or a custom cable for stereo.

Another idea would be a a mini-DIN connector into which you can plug a bundle of Cinch cables (like they're used on some video cards) but I suppose that would be rather hard to solder due to size even if I used some existing cable assembly.

post-4219-0-25897000-1558275911.jpg

Any ideas?

(My UAVs are rev. B or C, BTW.)

Hello slx

The power connector is 7 pin DIN. Using the same connector for your monitor port might cause serious damaged to your Atari.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

The power connector is 7 pin DIN. Using the same connector for your monitor port might cause serious damaged to your Atari.

Even though it's a 1200XL that's too easy to mix up with other machines.