CyranoJ

Atari ST Games Ported to the Jaguar

Say, are you talking to me personally? Or is this a general statement?

No, and yes for Port #2

Phew. good. cuz i wasnt aware of having done anything wrong. am one of those waiting for the availablibity of your work through AA and any info from Al.

*crosses fingers that Storm Bringer gets the bold green text and cart consideration* = )

There's no other 16 bit versions of this game, so its either the horrible YM song or the equally bad SID version... Unless anyone knows better?

• Like 1

I don't know much about the game, I just like the look of it. = ) Would definitely try it out but I've no way to play other than emulation and I haven't messed too much with that in quite a while.

Take it the egg theme recently is due to Easter :)

Well, I could think of a few people who should be shoved into a cave and have a boulder block the exit...

• Like 1

Jesus... erm. something must really have pi... you off. rather think of all the people who would like to personally say thank you instead of any sad people

AA could set up a kickstarter campaing for funding. this may brush up your mood. or accept preorders. or set up a poll about which game to convert next. which would also be a good way to see the preferences of people. this way the whole things would become some kinda inspiring movement, as we are already talking about easter. this way your readers here could also do something and show their support

steve-vx: I think CJ does what he feels is worth doing - so no need for polls. It just so happens that many people like what he does... There are even those who DON'T like what he does (I suspect due to them being incapable of doing anything in the vicinity of what he does). I don't want them near any polls. :)

Stuffing people into caves and bouldering the exit is just an easter reference (as would be nailing them to a cross which they had to carry up the hill beforehand :grin: ). Don't take it too seriously :)

Edited by af0l
  • Like 2

The kick starter idea would just be egging you on anyway (badum tish)

Receive bacon

Be careful, CJ. With so many ports, the "average Jaguar game quality" scale is starting to tilt dangerously towards the "good" side. The world may not be ready.

Edited by Zerosquare
  • Like 5

I am sure if former Atari-executives see this they are slamming their heads on their desk now. This could have made a significant difference back in the day. Then again, licences might have been more expensive than the ports themselves. Also the public expected new games, I remember that even Doom or Syndicate were welcomed not too enthusiastic since they were already known franchises. But still... this could have supported the base library of games just well.

My 6-year old son tried Star Wars with one of those 3DVD Gravis flightsticks that were produced in very limited numbers around 1997 and this also plays well. tried to upload a vid but somehow it doesnt work. Must try it on Skyhammer soon

Wow. Firing up the soldering iron now. That mouse adaptor has waited long enough.

Yeah looks like I'm going to have to dig up a DB9 and re purpose that old BJL cable into a mouse adapter now, too much mouse goodness going on. Argh. Damn you CJ! :-D

• Like 3

I bought some old cables to make my mouse adaptor. With it raining today seems like a great day for soldering. ;)

Edited by doctorclu
  • Like 2