IGNORED

Marble Madness 2: Marble Man

DarkSyne

6 hours ago, thegoldenband said:

Let's remember that our colleague is only 13 (IIRC), so do cut him some slack.

Young folks brimming with enthusiasm may not always perfectly execute every rule of decorum or "read the room" correctly. But they're the force that infuses a scene -- any scene -- with new energy. Without that, it becomes a bunch of old men grumbling at each other about how much better things used to be. :)

And the surest way to stay young in spirit as you get older is to stay inspired by the energy of youth. If you know any people over 70 who still have that light in their eyes (and you know the light I mean), they usually appreciate the young and feel uplifted by their energy, rather than resenting it.

https://i.imgur.com/tXAHD4H.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to use the .GIF.  Note that I don't actually believe that this was the type of point you were making.

In all seriousness, however, I do agree with you re: new blood.  With that said, this is neither the first time that he has behaved like this, nor the first time he's been taken (lightly) to task for it.  It's also an overall fatigued subject, given that the same 'wh3n d0 1 g3tZ d4 MM2 r0mZ, d00dZ?' question has been being asked sporadically by many, many people for approximately the past 22 years at the time of writing.

The answers to that question are currently the same as they ever were, and continuing to repeatedly request them ('repeatedly request' being a kinder synonym for 'badger', 'beg', or 'demand') only serves to reinforce the idea of entitlement on behalf of the person asking it.

One aspect of being a part of this or any other community is learning how to acceptably conduct yourself within the boundaries of that community.  Hopefully he'll read this and realise why he's making choices that are not in his best interest, then change his approach accordingly.  If not...  Well, that's pretty much up to how he decides to approach things from here on out.

Edited by x=usr(1536)

On 9/29/2020 at 10:11 AM, ubersaurus said:

I love seeing people discuss this game on Discord thinking that the owner has said they’re going to release the rom in November based solely on the insistence of one forum poster in this thread who has no actual evidence of this plan

Discord? Who's all romuring on discord tho? 

18 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

https://i.imgur.com/tXAHD4H.gif

Sorry, couldn't resist the opportunity to use the .GIF.  Note that I don't actually believe that this was the type of point you were making.

In all seriousness, however, I do agree with you re: new blood.  With that said, this is neither the first time that he has behaved like this, nor the first time he's been taken (lightly) to task for it.  It's also an overall fatigued subject, given that the same 'wh3n d0 1 g3tZ d4 MM2 r0mZ, d00dZ?' question has been being asked sporadically by many, many people for approximately the past 22 years at the time of writing.

The answers to that question are currently the same as they ever were, and continuing to repeatedly request them ('repeatedly request' being a kinder synonym for 'badger', 'beg', or 'demand') only serves to reinforce the idea of entitlement on behalf of the person asking it.

One aspect of being a part of this or any other community is learning how to acceptably conduct yourself within the boundaries of that community.  Hopefully he'll read this and realise why he's making choices that are not in his best interest, then change his approach accordingly.  If not...  Well, that's pretty much up to how he decides to approach things from here on out.

Yall are something man...

On 9/30/2020 at 5:26 PM, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Yall are something man...

Says the kid who still lives with his mom.

Look, I really don't give a toss how old you are, or how desperate you might be to get your hands on this game, or even if you live with your mom.  But I will say this:

For your sake, I hope that the MM2 ROMs are released next month, because if they aren't you're likely to have a complete meltdown based on the level of maturity you've shown so far.  And as entertaining as the idea of watching that meltdown sounds, I'd really rather not.

Get over yourself and wait.  You're not entitled to anything, especially where ROMs are concerned.

3 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Says the kid who still lives with his mom.

Look, I really don't give a toss how old you are, or how desperate you might be to get your hands on this game, or even if you live with your mom.  But I will say this:

For your sake, I hope that the MM2 ROMs are released next month, because if they aren't you're likely to have a complete meltdown based on the level of maturity you've shown so far.  And as entertaining as the idea of watching that meltdown sounds, I'd really rather not.

Get over yourself and wait.  You're not entitled to anything, especially where ROMs are concerned.

Woah chill your beans there kid, first off who said that I was on myself? 2nd of all, I'm only showing my love for marble madness which some how you guys get annoyed by. Listen if you rlly have a problem with me, you should have said something ahead of time. You automatically think I'm going to have some meltdown if something dose not go my way. But why would I do that? You don't even know my personality so why would you even assume that? I'm not even trying to start an arguement here. Just because I say "sadness will happen" dose not mean I'm going to literally break down like some 7 year old. You also used maturity wrong. Considering that ONCE AGAIN! I'm only showing my love for the game and that's what you fail to realise. If you rlly have a problem with that then just don't talk to me. Actually I think it's best I just not hang with yall no more. Half of you guys are just negative..

Edited by Jack the gamer 3

5 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Woah chill your beans there kid, first off who said that I was on myself? 2nd of all, I'm only showing my love for marble madness which some how you guys get annoyed by. Listen if you rlly have a problem with me, you should have said something ahead of time. You automatically think I'm going to have some meltdown if something dose not go my way. But why would I do that? You don't even know my personality so why would you even assume that? I'm not even trying to start an arguement here. Just because I say "sadness will happen" dose not mean I'm going to literally break down like some 7 year old. You also used maturity wrong. Considering that ONCE AGAIN! I'm only showing my love for the game and that's what you fail to realise. If you rlly have a problem with that then just don't talk to me. Actually I think it's best I just not hang with yall no more. Half of you guys are just negative..

It's one thing to want to play the game.  It's another to think - based on no evidence whatsoever - that it'll see a release next month.  What's worse is running around saying how badly you're looking forward to playing it when that's not something that's on the cards at all.

What you don't seem to grasp, despite it having been pointed out to you earlier in the thread, is that there are people reading this thread and getting the idea that a release is going to happen.  Congratulations: your enthusiasm is now snowballing into a rumour mill, and some people are picking up and running with your idea that the game will see a release next month.

If you think this causing some of us to react negatively towards you, you're right.  Some of us have had to deal with this sort of thing - and I mean this very literally - for longer than you've been alive.  We've also had to deal with it multiple times over the years, and not just for this specific game.  Having to nip the problem in the bud once more because someone is yet again shooting off their mouth is not something I want to have to deal with: it wastes my (and others') time, and annoys me that I have to clean up after yet another person who knows nothing about the situation yet adds misinformation to it.

But you don't have to see or deal with the consequences of your actions, so as far as you're concerned, it's just HYPE TRAAAAAAIN WOOOOOOO! until November.  Thanks, pal.

Whether you decide to stay here or not isn't up to anyone other than yourself.  But I will reiterate my earlier point regarding being part of a community: you have to fit into it, not the other way around.  Plenty of us - myself included - are willing to help with that, but you're ultimately responsible for making it happen or not.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

It's one thing to want to play the game.  It's another to think - based on no evidence whatsoever - that it'll see a release next month.  What's worse is running around saying how badly you're looking forward to playing it when that's not something that's on the cards at all.

What you don't seem to grasp, despite it having been pointed out to you earlier in the thread, is that there are people reading this thread and getting the idea that a release is going to happen.  Congratulations: your enthusiasm is now snowballing into a rumour mill, and some people are picking up and running with your idea that the game will see a release next month.

If you think this causing some of us to react negatively towards you, you're right.  Some of us have had to deal with this sort of thing - and I mean this very literally - for longer than you've been alive.  We've also had to deal with it multiple times over the years, and not just for this specific game.  Having to nip the problem in the bud once more because someone is yet again shooting off their mouth is not something I want to have to deal with: it wastes my (and others') time, and annoys me that I have to clean up after yet another person who knows nothing about the situation yet adds misinformation to it.

But you don't have to see or deal with the consequences of your actions, so as far as you're concerned, it's just HYPE TRAAAAAAIN WOOOOOOO! until November.  Thanks, pal.

Whether you decide to stay here or not isn't up to anyone other than yourself.  But I will reiterate my earlier point regarding being part of a community: you have to fit into it, not the other way around.  Plenty of us - myself included - are willing to help with that, but you're ultimately responsible for making it happen or not.

Gee well I'm sOrry ? also just incase you didn't know if the rom didn't release, it would not rlly bother as much us is it would if this was me in the past. I'm actually getting into neo geo games now so you know what that means!!

1. I'm fucking off from you guys until something actually dose happen

2. Don't even reply back to this message because I'm truly done.

3. I don't want to deal with people like you who wait UNTIL NOW to tell me how you feel about my actions. 

And it's sad because I literally went out of my way to make an account on this website SPECIFICALLY To hang out with you guys!! But now I know how you guys are. Hell no!! This will also be a dead chat because hardly Any of you talk here or choose to reply VERY LATE. Also the fact that I was the one always wanting to check on yall too. Not even always talk about marble man but to literally stop and see how you're days are. So know that I truly know how fucked up all this is. You probably won't be seeing me until something happens. And I know half of you guys are going to be happy about it but know what!! It's a what ever. Cya around..

All i can say is, its time to move on. Stop wishing for things to happen, and be more proactive.

I've gotten into marble race:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/851640/Marble_Race/

ss_ebdcdfec175427ea70f8e23e828dcd0c02897

ss_99038d59515377c746739899846e47b0706a3

ss_81cfe660d312ae32d088291d6ef98da1d6786

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marble+race+custom+levels

Its only $6.99, and you can create your own levels,

there are tons of community made levels, and a lot are good quality.

There's a lot of active discussion in discord, and can download the

community levels for free.

They''ve already recreated all the original marble madness levels,

and all the hamsterball levels.

Even if marble madness 2 comes out, they will never have a level creator,

or as many levels as this game does.

So i don't really care if it never comes out, because this is more than enough for me.

later

Edited by negative1

2 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Gee well I'm sOrry ? also just incase you didn't know if the rom didn't release, it would not rlly bother as much us is it would if this was me in the past. I'm actually getting into neo geo games now so you know what that means!!

1. I'm fucking off from you guys until something actually dose happen

2. Don't even reply back to this message because I'm truly done.

3. I don't want to deal with people like you who wait UNTIL NOW to tell me how you feel about my actions. 

And it's sad because I literally went out of my way to make an account on this website SPECIFICALLY To hang out with you guys!! But now I know how you guys are. Hell no!! This will also be a dead chat because hardly Any of you talk here or choose to reply VERY LATE. Also the fact that I was the one always wanting to check on yall too. Not even always talk about marble man but to literally stop and see how you're days are. So know that I truly know how fucked up all this is. You probably won't be seeing me until something happens. And I know half of you guys are going to be happy about it but know what!! It's a what ever. Cya around..

Quoted for posterity.

Let's all chill a bit please--this is a hobby, and it should be a fun thing. We don't always agree with each other, but don't let a simple disagreement on any given subject @Jack the gamer 3 ruin your enthusiasm for the hobby. You are young, you have energy, and your responses are not always as mature as those from some folks here--and THAT'S OK! Be who you are--just like the rest of us are. That is what makes us a community. We all do what we do out of love for our favorite systems (or games). I like pretty much anything that runs on a TMS99XXX processor (they were made by TI)--and most of the folks here don't. That's OK too. I learn stuff from the rest of the folks here all the time. That's community too. I LOVE THIS PLACE! :) :) :) Marble Madness was never translated for my systems, but maybe it will be some day, and then I'll get to play a bit with it too. . .on one of my favorite systems. :) My wait will definitely be much longer than yours, I think. ;) I'm still waiting for a good port of Joust!

• Like 2

On 10/7/2020 at 10:28 PM, Ksarul said:

Let's all chill a bit please--this is a hobby, and it should be a fun thing. We don't always agree with each other, but don't let a simple disagreement on any given subject @Jack the gamer 3 ruin your enthusiasm for the hobby. You are young, you have energy, and your responses are not always as mature as those from some folks here--and THAT'S OK! Be who you are--just like the rest of us are. That is what makes us a community. We all do what we do out of love for our favorite systems (or games). I like pretty much anything that runs on a TMS99XXX processor (they were made by TI)--and most of the folks here don't. That's OK too. I learn stuff from the rest of the folks here all the time. That's community too. I LOVE THIS PLACE! :) :) :) Marble Madness was never translated for my systems, but maybe it will be some day, and then I'll get to play a bit with it too. . .on one of my favorite systems. :) My wait will definitely be much longer than yours, I think. ;) I'm still waiting for a good port of Joust!

Yeah. I'm in love with atari system games and systems that are like the atari system 1 and 2. Like the 68000 and stuff. I didn't mean to come out the way I did but damn I sure do hate when people assume who I am. That's all..

13 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

Yeah. I'm in love with atari system games and systems that are like the atari system 1 and 2. Like the 68000 and stuff.

Which is fine.  You're not alone in that; there's more than a few of us here who share that interest.

13 hours ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

I didn't mean to come out the way I did but damn I sure do hate when people assume who I am. That's all..

Consider this: you may not have meant to come across the way that you did, but no assumptions were made about who you are.  You received the reception that you did based solely on your behaviour here, which is all anyone has to go on.

13 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

no assumptions were made about who you are. 

What? 

On 10/3/2020 at 1:09 AM, x=usr(1536) said:

you're likely to have a complete meltdown

You even insulted me about living with my mom. 

13 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

You received the reception that you did based solely on your behaviour here, which is all anyone has to go on.

I also don't think you used behaviour right. I didn't put any behaviour into anything :< I just wanted to hang with you guys but yeah let's move on. I noticed you replayed to my latest topic so I'll check that out.....

On 10/3/2020 at 1:52 PM, negative1 said:

All i can say is, its time to move on. Stop wishing for things to happen, and be more proactive.

I've gotten into marble race:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/851640/Marble_Race/

ss_ebdcdfec175427ea70f8e23e828dcd0c02897

ss_99038d59515377c746739899846e47b0706a3

ss_81cfe660d312ae32d088291d6ef98da1d6786

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=marble+race+custom+levels

Its only $6.99, and you can create your own levels,

there are tons of community made levels, and a lot are good quality.

There's a lot of active discussion in discord, and can download the

community levels for free.

They''ve already recreated all the original marble madness levels,

and all the hamsterball levels.

Even if marble madness 2 comes out, they will never have a level creator,

or as many levels as this game does.

So i don't really care if it never comes out, because this is more than enough for me.

later

Cool, thanks
I'll have to try this out

18 minutes ago, Jack the gamer 3 said:

What? 

You even insulted me about living with my mom. 

I also don't think you used behaviour right. I didn't put any behaviour into anything :< I just wanted to hang with you guys but yeah let's move on. I noticed you replayed to my latest topic so I'll check that out.....

I'll reiterate here what I said there:

This is a community.  It is up to you to fit into it, not the other way around.

• Like 1

Got banned from that topic I created, read some of the things you guys talked about while logged out, and I'm good in asking for roms now. Didn't know it was That rude and serious. I always saw it as a way to play a retro game digitally and have fun with it. But nope. That's not the case at all.. 

Putting that aside. Dose anyone know how many levels there are in this game? I forgot honestly. 

• 2 weeks later...

In an effort to clear up any misinformation on the release of roms for this game I thought i'd chime in.   As of right now, there are no plans to release the roms but there's a very good chance it will happen at some point in the future.  More people will get a chance to play this game, maybe not in the form some want but it will live on, just don't count on open roms any time soon.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, negative1 said:

Thanks but that didn't clear up anything. Basically you said everything we already knew.

later

No, you all are guessing about some mysterious release that is false.  I have confirmed it to be false, so no more rumormongering about it.

8 minutes ago, prOk said:

No, you all are guessing about some mysterious release that is false.  I have confirmed it to be false, so no more rumormongering about it.

I only remember one person that was predicting it was coming out, and they've been banned. 

Sure, at the beginning it seemed likely with some news. But as time went by, it became obvious

that it wouldn't be. Some people kept hoping, But most were realistic about it. Sure I'd like to

see it come out, but if it doesn't, I already pointed out alternatives, and have moved on.

Nobody else in their right mind expects it to come out.

later

Edited by negative1

6 minutes ago, negative1 said:

I only remember one person that was predicting it was coming out, and they've been banned. 

Sure, at the beginning it seemed likely with some news. But as time went by, it became obvious

that it wouldn't be. Some people kept hoping, But most were realistic about it. Sure I'd like to

see it come out, but if it doesn't, I already pointed out alternatives, and have moved on.

Nobody else in their right mind expects it to come out.

later

You do live up to your nickname, i'll give you that.  If anyone has any real questions about marble man i'd be happy to answer them.  Just because the roms can't be out doesn't mean we can't chat about it.

8 hours ago, prOk said:

In an effort to clear up any misinformation on the release of roms for this game I thought i'd chime in.   As of right now, there are no plans to release the roms but there's a very good chance it will happen at some point in the future.  More people will get a chance to play this game, maybe not in the form some want but it will live on, just don't count on open roms any time soon.

When you talk other form, do you mean as part of sort of a "classic" collection for PCs and such?

8 hours ago, prOk said:

You do live up to your nickname, i'll give you that.  If anyone has any real questions about marble man i'd be happy to answer them.  Just because the roms can't be out doesn't mean we can't chat about it.

I didn't see anyone jumping up and down for Akka Arrh. That was my holy grail.

So when it came out, i might have been the only person on the planet that was happy to see and play it.

I'm still playing it even now, (with the high score on MARP), and going through all the levels.

http://replay.marpirc.net/r/akkaarrh

http://replay.marpirc.net/shots/gif/128/akkaarrh.gif

Akka Arrh (prototype)
(akkaarrh)
negative1 (@) 02 Mar 20
07:42:47
113,980 (edit) wolf212
get MAME

Now its just as forgotten, as it was before. I also discovered Maze Invaders (which has been out for awhile)

on atari flashback volume 3, and now its one of my new favorites.

IF marble madness 2 ever comes out, people will play it for about 1 week, be all happy, then forget it ever existed.

and go back to complaining about something else not coming out.

later

Edited by negative1