IGNORED

NES Bubble Bobble 2 (NOT a Repro) with Board pic

parkfun101

I have just finished cleaning and testing the Bubble Bobble 2 game for the NES. This game has a rarity value of 91% from what I hear. I would rather sell the game to a collector through AtariAge rather than sell on eBay. Here are the pics and I can send you the images so the zoom feature will work better if you are interested. I'm asking $300 including the shipping if you are in the United States mainland, otherwise it will be 300 + shipping charges if you are outside the United States mainland or you are in Puerto Rico, Hawaii, or Alaska. The game comes with a Nintendo dust protector and a clear plastic case (also pictured). I also have wrapped the game in a white paper towel inside the case so it won't rattle around during shipping and I will wrap Bubble Bobble 2 in Bubble Wrap....had to write that. :-)

I'm going to set this at $300 for today and tomorrow, but if I can't sell it here by the end of the weekend, I'm going to take this to the land of eBay (my price is currently lower than what is on eBay).

Edited by parkfun101

• 2 weeks later...

If I can't have it, nobody can! I'm throwing Bubble Bobble 2 in the river! :mad:

What's funny, is the way these things were made, you could probably just take it out, dry it off and it would probably still work just fine! :-)

Or get one of those bootleg Aliexpress repros. It would make a nice "Will it Blend" video.

For full effect, open the real BB2 with a security bit to show the world it is real. Quickly swap it with the bootleg off camera, and blend the bootleg. Post video to Youtube; laugh while the trolls eat it up! :rolling:

• Like 1

Or get one of those bootleg Aliexpress repros. It would make a nice "Will it Blend" video.

For full effect, open the real BB2 with a security bit to show the world it is real. Quickly swap it with the bootleg off camera, and blend the bootleg. Post video to Youtube; laugh while the trolls eat it up! :rolling:

AVGN did something like that with the Nintendo World Championship cart. At the end of the video they showed that it was a fake. :thumbsup:

Bootleg or not what dos it matter. Id prefer bootlegs over the originals if I can sell all my originals for big bucks and get someone to copy my originals to cart and make cool labels. Lol. Little Samson. Mega man 1 - 6. Contras and so on!

Remarks like that will get you banned on Nintendoage. LOL! :P

Yeah he destroyed a perfectly good Zelda to make that video...

Dang, back when I saw that video, I wasn't aware of how they made the Repro carts, but that sucks to destroy a game to make another game. Don't they have it now so you can make a cart without destroying another one? You would think they would.

Dang, back when I saw that video, I wasn't aware of how they made the Repro carts, but that sucks to destroy a game to make another game. Don't they have it now so you can make a cart without destroying another one? You would think they would.

Of course they do. However the people who make the boards charge outrageous for them, plus you have to buy shells still and in most cases components for the boards as well. You end up having to spend like $25 when you are all said and done. It is cheaper to buy a $5 game nobody cares about and is just collecting dust in the corner of a game store or in a box where nobody has played it for 20+ years.

Of course they do. However the people who make the boards charge outrageous for them, plus you have to buy shells still and in most cases components for the boards as well. You end up having to spend like $25 when you are all said and done. It is cheaper to buy a $5 game nobody cares about and is just collecting dust in the corner of a game store or in a box where nobody has played it for 20+ years.

You guys are forgetting that the only games to use a gold shell (barring unlicensed Camerica titles) were Ledgend of Zelda, Zelda II, and Gold NWC. So in order to repro the Gold NWC, they had to use a Zelda shell. You can see the SRAM battery when they smashed the game cart to bits.

I have a repro of NES Earthbound in a gold Zelda shell. The guy who sold it to me said it was his personal copy he made a few years back before prices on common games spiked. I hope he used a Zelda II because that game kind of sucked anyway.