IGNORED

NES Rom cart question

I realize this is more of a Nintendo age question but I find this community to be more helpful and mature.

Are there any NES clones that are known to support the use of ROM carts and are worth getting? I'm not interested in collecting for Nintendo, but would like to play the games on an actual console vs. emulation on a PC. The malfunctioning front loader kinda sorta raped my childhood and I want nothing to do with getting another. I would get a Top Loader if that is the only other option, but price and RF only (and not even good RF) are the obvious drawbacks. Thanks!

Fixing a front loading NES is very easy. It's as simple as getting a paper clip and bending the contact points on the 72-pin connector back up from their flattened state. Done, good as new.

I have fixed and sold them before, but I hate the front loader on a personal level. I'm sure they can be made reliable but I'd prefer to play NES games on something else. For me having a front loader would be kind of like owning and driving a car that is hideously ugly I suppose. It will get you where you need to go but given the choice you would rather drive almost anything else.

get a Top loader modded? Or a Sharp Twin Famicom, they have A/V out, and without a working FDS drive working, they aren't worth that much more (about 50$ on eBay from Japan).

Only problem with the sharp is the controllers are hard wired in. And how can I play duckhunt with out a port for a gun/zapper. Or is there a port on the side?

yeah I was about to answer you. There is a port, and you can use any 3tf party controllers on them. someone even found a way to connect NES standard controllers on it.

A flash cart like the Famicom Everdrive makes the FDS a little superfluous since you can load FDS games on to it.

That's why I mentionned the FDS not working. A Sharp Twin Fami with a working FDS sells for more than 50$.