IGNORED

SGM ARE IN!

juice2839

I'm looking for someone to host all the SGM roms I have please email if interested.

That's just ... odd. And practically an open invite for trouble from eBay (the above line and another from that listing I can barely decipher), leaving aside the burned bridges here. Strange.

Edited by mumbai

Also they all say region-free. Is that right?

Are there NTSC and PAL Coleco carts?

I know some 2600 homebrew can select 3 regions in the menu before the game starts...

There is no DRM or other copy protection associated with ColecoVision or Adam products - as such they are all inherently region free.

All game carts will play on all ColecoVision/Adam units regardless of whether they are PAL or NTSC. The only difference between the consoles is the use of a PAL/NTSC variant of the video processor, the RF circuitry and the speed of the clock i.e. 50Hz (PAL) versus 60Hz (NTSC). Therefore, games (and sounds/music) run a little slower on a PAL unit compared to when they are played on an NTSC unit. Only in recent years were a select few homebrew games released to account for these speed differences and are thus specific to PAL or NTSC units, e.g. GhostBlaster (come to think of it I think that GhostBlaster may be the only one although others can correct me if I'm wrong).

Well hi there Fred (aka Juice) - despite you having been banned from the forum that hasn't deterred you from clearly being an avid follower of this thread. Having just read that we have been reporting your bogus eBay auctions you have yet again changed the wording deleting the solicitation for someone to host the SGM roms, instead it now reads "Please inquire about available games.". LOL For someone who purports to have superior intelligence to everyone here - you sure don't show it :lolblue:

Such a shame you can't change the wording of the others seeing as they already have bids on them. Or are these your bogus "friends" who are shill bidding for you......

• Like 3

Big deal!

ALL of our upcoming SGM games WILL include DRM so they can't run on Juice's SCM (Super Crappy Module)

I asked Fred about this when the idea was first brought up and he believes that he can easily work around anything you come up with by simple mods of the board. Plus if he is selling bootlegs, he might be able to mod the code or boards. This all sucks!

I asked Fred about this when the idea was first brought up and he believes that he can easily work around anything you come up with by simple mods of the board. Plus if he is selling bootlegs, he might be able to mod the code or boards. This all sucks!

Will see....

but how he obtained roms?

Did he dumped them himself? (kind of easy anyway)

Does someone shared those with him? (kind of stupid)

At this point he has near zero credibility, so I don't think that matters anymore .

• Like 2

I'm using my phone (Galaxy Note 4) and cannot figure out how to report his items. Is there no way to do it through the app?

EDIT: Figured it out and reported. Really hope this clown doesn't disrupt the community further. I enjoy the new games being released by all of the publishers and look forward to many more years of enjoyment out of my Colecovision through the developement of new games and new products that enhance the game experience.

Edited by lawdawg710

Has anyone used eBay contact and ask if his juice box is guaranteed to work on future SGM games? Especially considering what someone said a few post above about making new SGM games refuse to work on clones and counterfeit SGM like that juice box?

He'd probably know anyway if he's still reading here.

Juice/Fred,

I never really liked your style, but hey, everyone is different, so I could let that slide. I did appreciate your RGB modifications for the Intellivision and ColecoVision (CV version now owned by Yurkie, for anyone interested), though. I did not like how you were selling an "HDMI" mod for the ColecoVision, using technology owned by Yurkie. Your take on the SGM was beyond my comfort zone, especially given that Opcode is working on making sure everyone has access to one.

Your selling of other people's work, however, has gone well beyond what I think is good and proper behavior. Yes, I know there are gray areas of copyright of some of these games, depending on one's opinion. Nevertheless, if I hack/modify/whatever a Sega game, for instance, there are only two parties that can claim any ownership of the code or product... me and Sega. You are not one of those who can claim any ownership of the game boards you are selling.

I don't know if I can stop you from bootlegging these games, but if you continue, then hopefully you'll get caught.

• Like 5

Juice/Fred,

I never really liked your style, but hey, everyone is different, so I could let that slide. I did appreciate your RGB modifications for the Intellivision and ColecoVision (CV version now owned by Yurkie, for anyone interested), though. I did not like how you were selling an "HDMI" mod for the ColecoVision, using technology owned by Yurkie. Your take on the SGM was beyond my comfort zone, especially given that Opcode is working on making sure everyone has access to one.

Your selling of other people's work, however, has gone well beyond what I think is good and proper behavior. Yes, I know there are gray areas of copyright of some of these games, depending on one's opinion. Nevertheless, if I hack/modify/whatever a Sega game, for instance, there are only two parties that can claim any ownership of the code or product... me and Sega. You are not one of those who can claim any ownership of the game boards you are selling.

I don't know if I can stop you from bootlegging these games, but if you continue, then hopefully you'll get caught.

I'm not only going to "like" your post but quote it as well for additional emphasis.

The other thing to note is that the listing durations are shortening (was down to three days, now just 24 hours). Clearly, he is aware that eBay may soon take undue interest and hopes that he can cycle the sales more quickly than it takes eBay to become aware, verify, and cancel violating offers. I guess that's one way to fly under the radar.

Edited by mumbai

You know I've been reading through this thread and I'm glad I did as I was going to buy his SGM module. Regarding his illegal selling of Collectorvision and Pixel Boys games I think we should go one step further than notifying eBay. Why not notify the official IP holders such as Namco, etc... Let them know this guy is selling illegal CV copies of their property. I'm sure they will be interested in knowing this and then contact eBay which I'm sure eBay will act much faster if it hears from a major publisher/developer, especially since the games are illegal copies. Then the companies can go after juice personally as well for creating these illegal versions or copies of their IP. Just a thought.