IGNORED

Scott Adams Graphics Editor

devwebcl

• 3 years later...

I don't have a dump of it, but I do have a fairly pristine looking copy of the disk version and manual. It's been in various attics for the past 20 or 25 years but I recently got hold of a 1050 and it seems to load up ok.

Is there anyway you could copy it?

Allan

Is there anyway you could copy it?

Allan

Unfortunately it looks like I spoke too soon. I was able to load the editor a couple of times, but when I tried to copy the disk I started getting errors and now it won't even spin up. I'm afraid to try again in case I make it worse, maybe it can still be recovered with a Kryoflux or something low level like that?

If it's worth trying then I can send the disk to someone with the proper kit and skills.

Geoff

There are certainly better graphic arts programs out there...in fact, one of several reasons I'm finally learning to program is I want to hack a lot of the classic graphic text adventures to improve the graphics. redo some, some just touch-up with more colors with DLI's and whatnot, but since most are compressed graphics I need to learn to extract them, improve and then make my own compressed graphic pics to replace the originals...I may use this program to help load some up and then transfer to better programs like Rambrandt or Graphic's Magician which allow DLI's. But using graphic programs that only have joystick control is out of the question, I need to be able to use the touch tablet, I avoid graphic programs that only use joystick input like the plague. :thumbsdown: :-o

Ooh! 50 colors and shades! NOT! They mean 4-5 colors and 45-46 patterns of the 4-5 colors mixed...patterns make everything look flat and ugly.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Found in my archives. The Autorun.sys file doesn't have an init or run address...

attachicon.gifScottAdamsGraphicsEditor.atr

I looked at the autorun.sys, and I see this header according to Altirra's disk explorer:

00000000: $FFFF

00000002: Load $5BA3-6E94

I still can't get it to load, (but I have only tried the Altirra OS's since on a laptop without my usual ROM set atm...)

I looked at the autorun.sys, and I see this header according to Altirra's disk explorer:

00000000: $FFFF

00000002: Load $5BA3-6E94

I still can't get it to load, (but I have only tried the Altirra OS's since on a laptop without my usual ROM set atm...)

Yes, it does work on A800 emulator and a Incognito 800. I think Altirra expects an init address or it crashes???

Yes, it does work on A800 emulator and a Incognito 800. I think Altirra expects an init address or it crashes???

Ah... Well being that there's BASIC example programs on there, maybe the intent was for it to ONLY load the routine code into RAM, then return control to BASIC which can load programs that use the ML libraries.

I WAS able to boot to a BASIC prompt if it was enabled actually..

I tried again with BASIC enabled.

Then RUN"D:EDITOR.BAS got me "Scott Adams Graphics Editor, Copyright 1982 by A.I."

prompted for file name, I entered D:SHIP.PIC and got a pic!

there's some frame swapping displaylist action going on, flickering every other scan of the screen between 2 different colour palletes, so a frame grab in altirra only gets half the colours.