IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

The problem is that J-F's visibility begins and ends (for the most part) at AtariAge. John is the face of the company externally and even talks about CollectorVision as his company (he specifically calls out that he's co-owner of CollectorVision in his video).

I see your point but "we are allegedly busy lynching them here" so J-F candor at this stage may be all that is needed, AA seems to have picked up quite the followers, and hopefully they would stick around enough and help spread the word.

• Like 3

Okay that's fair enough, but can I ask you something? Do you ( everyone at CV games john included) think that MAYBE all the videos in promotion of the cham/vgs were just a LITTLE bit over the top? And do you think that it would have been more fair to retract sooner, and explain things in there entirity as soon you started to smell shit?

These questions are without sarcasm or malice, as I said I truely your attempts at apologizing/explaining and hold no I'll will. However, gamesters video left me a bit flabbergasted by the way he said things, I also understand that is beyond your control.

So again thank you for the explanation and I do hope tiny knight makes it to Wii u . you guys do a good job and hope this mess doesn't cause you guys trouble moving forward. As for gamester81 , personally I no longer plan to support him, but quietly and without further animosity.

I also want to apologize for the furious way I attacked CV games, it was not warranted and unfair to hold one of your employees actions against you all. Best of luck to you, get those Wii u ports going!

The whole presentation always been poor to me.... Remember their Indiegogo presentation video?

I never saw a poor video like this for a campaign

So yes, I completely agree with you on this

• Like 3

I hope that Pat, John, AlphaOmegaSin etc can laugh about this whole thing in a few months and put it behind them.

The only real villains seem to be Mike and Lee at this point.

I really hope all the drama and so forth will end and everyone can be chill with each other. Not asking for everyone to like each other but at least have some respect towards each other. The gaming community as a whole; retro and modern; does not need this kind of drama.

• Like 3

I'm happy that all the chips are falling into place on this, well mostly. I'm happy most of us are starting to agree on what went wrong and who showed poor decision making. I wish certain you tubers would take the time to see our side and actually listen ( the way they keep saying we need to) the majority of the concerns brought up in this thread have been totally valid, both toward you tubers and the teams involved alike. THIS is what a community is, its not always easy, but with conversation and venting we are coming to resolutions about things. I wanna say thanks to every one involved and I hope we can move forward with a positive attitude. #teamatariage

• Like 4

To be honest?

We didn't care that much about the VGS/Chameleon

Like I said, we're already more than busy working on modern platforms games

We should have care much though, really....

I tried more than one time to get out of this project, but I was not alone to take this kind of decision......

Now as for John (Lester) the night before he pos his "rant video" , I told him to take a fresh breath of air and relax

I never think Pat the NES Punk called out John or even CollectorVision (wich I explained to John)

I'm cool with Pat by the way , Met him last year in Arizona and he was cool dude

I think John's is going to contact Pat directly (wich should have been done in the first place)

Let me know guys if there's anything else I should/could answer

Cheers

J-F

As I said on Sega Nerds, If you guys wouldn't have wanted to back out on the day before the Kickstarter because the pack in issue. We would have been in a much much worse problem.

As I think Mike & Co would have launched the KS with those photos they posted and now then, the dinosaur size sh*t would have hit the industrial size fan.

So everything was for the best.

Edited by PikoInteractive
  • Like 11

As I said on Sega Nerds, If you guys wouldn't have wanted to back out on the day before the Kickstarter because the pack in issue. We would have been in a much much worse problem.

As I think Mike & Co would have launched the KS with those photos they posted and now then, the dinosaur size sh*t would have hit the industrial size fan.

So everything was for the best.

Completely agree with you Eli

mmmhhh, maybe.

I can think of a simpler answer instead, and one that is contained on the very same quote I keep on re-quoting [from the very first post in this thread] to remind everyone that this did not begin in the last 10 days or so.

[$$$]

Bingo.

You well may be right. That desperate maneuver to tell Eli that he's passing up a chance to make more money than he's ever seen was pretty telling.

I may have already posted this, but it's pretty much how I picture any given MK vendor meeting:

"By the way, which one's Piko?"

• Like 1

I feel like if someone is super serious on bringing back cartridges to the modern market and mass-producing them like MK wanted to do, a handheld with a TV adapter is much more marketable and appealing than a console with a large foot print. As a retro gaming collector, space is everything. Unless you live in a mansion, even a basement isn't big enough for a collector who uses most of their disposable income on collecting for the 1980-2002.

So, something like the Jakks GameKey stuff would probably be about right.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameKey

Of course, I would prefer easily changeable connectors to the hardwired ones on the systems, but the basic idea is sound.

• Like 3

How about a new thread where we collection potential excuses for Mike? Winner is who comes up with the correct excuse. icon_smile.gif

Like: "This is just an example picture, which should indicate that we wanted to work fully transparent in the future. So the PCI card was just meant to be a stand in for the final board."

Or...

post-2641-0-87106200-1457211743_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

It's probably no big deal, but in the interest of crediting those who deserve as much: Motherboard incorrectly listed me as finding the DVR card and linked to that side-by-side photo post, so I prepended the post with some proper credits. Please let me know if I left anyone out.

Also, please don't "like" this message. I'd either return them to you anyway or just re-gift them to someone fighting ISIS or feeding starving kids.

• Like 7

Thanks to you sir

Thanks for your input, J-F.

And now the question everyone wants to know (or should be asking) - have you heard anything from Mike? Any word on when we could expect a next move or public announcement? Did he flee to Argentina?

Maybe you guys can spin this into a good PR stunt by including these on the side of every game you sell:

mike_missing.png

• Like 16

"What purpose the PCI card served?"

Um... its purpose was to FOOL people. Wow. That was easy.

If Coleco honestly doesn't know that, it's not hard to see how Mike strung them along this far.

Being able to record while I'm playing would be an awesome feature.

However I doubt that's why its there.

And now the question everyone wants to know (or should be asking) - have you heard anything from Mike? Any word on when we could expect a next move or public announcement? Did he flee to Argentina?

Maybe you guys can spin this into a good PR stunt by including these on the side of every game you sell:

(have you seen me milk carton)

i doubt we'll hear anything prior to the deadline. my bets are on 3 months with a new branding.

Thanks for your input, J-F.

mike_missing.png

Nope, we've not heard anything from Mike since then

I'm not surprised though......

• Like 1

i doubt we'll hear anything prior to the deadline. my bets are on 3 months with a new branding.

Sure why not? There's plenty of exotic PCBs that have nothing to do with a console that we haven't seen yet.

Cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges .... cartridges

or

Mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble ..... mumble

EDIT: I sure hope that the name of Lee's company be made public. It would be interesting to know what kind of business they are?

Console designers is not exactly a thing. Electronics consulting maybe?

.... one thing that has come out of this thread, other than entertainment, is that it makes me want to buy a Jaguar.

I wish I had the funds to buy the jag molds from Mike K and donate the case to Kevtris for his Zimba 3k and the cart mold to Krikzz for an everdrive

Let the Zimba have his own case, please!!!!!!!

• Like 5