IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

lol, that's the problem! I challenge you to find me anyone who can explain what that magazine does.

When I backed them for Year 1, I thought it would be an American answer to Retro Gamer. Instead I got a weird hodgpodge covering "retro" inspired modern games, collectible tchotchkes and very very little coverage of actual retro games or the retro gaming scene between all the ads.

I learned my lesson, didn't subscribe to Year 2. I try to learn from my mistakes.

A couple YouTubers I watch made videos praising the mag when it first came out. Never bothered looking at it myself though.

BTW, been really enjoying the videos you have made on this whole thing. Also enjoy the stuff from Leo DS, Picky Old Gamer, and Kittybot. Glad more people are speaking out on this scam.

• Like 1

Hey all. I thought I would put this out there for you guys to check out. I was able to hold an interview with J-F from CollectorVision. Most of the discussion was about Sydney Hunter and the Curse of the Mayans but he does give a little insight into their involvement with RVGS.

http://www.nintendoloveaffair.com/2016/03/collectorvision-reveals-sydney-hunter.html

• Like 6

I found photographic proof that the hardware guy exists. I'm 99% positive the image on the right is who Piko spoke to over the phone, the legendary Mr. Li / Lee

12814670_1046845662027671_35684956662635

jeez even that photo is faked (not the jag head man, I think that's probally the real deal) unless these guys are like 4 foot tall and an 200 yards away from the backgound :P

Edited by Osgeld
  • Like 2

Just checked David's Twitter, and it looks like he's not commenting further on the Chameleon until after the investigation.

https://twitter.com/DaGiltyMan/status/705126356305252353

I hope he issues a mass apology when the investigation is concluded.

Edit: then again we get this "brilliant" statement: https://twitter.com/dagiltyman/status/705117977868374021

Edited by DerekRumpler
  • Like 2

Just re-upped my AtariAge subscription. Those of you who are only here to promote your own websites and YouTube channels ought to think about doing the same for all the traffic that this thread has generated for you.

• Like 25

Just re-upped my AtariAge subscription. Those of you who are only here to promote your own websites and YouTube channels aught to think about doing the same for all the traffic that this thread has generated for you.

If for no other reason, its cheaper than Netflix and way more entertaining.

• Like 2

Pardon my ignorance, but have they disclosed who is "investigating" this mess? I mean, I wouldn't trust their team to find a "clean" guy to investigate what the system is.

Not only that, but I have to ask... why do they need seven days? I mean, it took this forum far less than that to determine it was a DVR card. All the "investigator" would have to do is open the shell, look at the picture of the card, notice the hot glued usb cords, led light powered by a hidden battery pack, and jaguar cart resting (unconnected) on the board, and go... "Yep. Fake".

Edited by MotoRacer
  • Like 1

Not really joking, I've considered it before. And I'd definitely want the audio be higher quality than two people talking over Skype.

..Al

I'd love to help. Anyone at MGC 2009-10 can attest I have a voice, since I sang Chef's "Salty Chocolate Balls".