IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

I just want to say to everyone that Mike took for a ride because of that magazine... I'm personally sorry that it turned out that way. It was never my intent to give life to something that could end up falling prey to so much of his foolishness. He took this idea of building a "retro culture" and went completely off the deep end with it. It really breaks my heart and I hope that whoever was affected is in a chill place in their life now despite his absurd crap.

• Like 1

A "Coleco Chameleon: Epilogue" thread does seem appropriate...Al

Yeah I would like a spot where others who were involved can come forward with additional info like we've seen happen in this thread.

Sort of a "veterans association"?

I recall a friend telling me about his visit to a museum in Japan that is dedicated to disasters and disaster prevention; maybe the molds could be donated there for an informative exhibit?

Are you the guy talking on the Retroist podcast?

I saw this on the Retro magazine site. Curious as to what it is...

http://readretro.com/news/kennedy-rajna-konami-proof-of-discussions-seeking-opportunities/

It had to do with RVGS. You can see MK's (as "Parrothead") message here, including the password: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/235430-how-has-this-not-been-posted-yet-retro-vgs/page-196?do=findComment&comment=3399140

• Like 2

I saw this on the Retro magazine site. Curious as to what it is...

http://readretro.com/news/kennedy-rajna-konami-proof-of-discussions-seeking-opportunities/

He talked to the biz-dev guy at Konami, which is not a big deal. I literally have a meeting with Rajna next week, I've had several meetings with him. It doesn't mean anything serious is happening yet.

• Like 3

Since this is a "speculation" thread, I think that it's not unreasonable to start speculating on "WTF happened"!

Here's my guess ... I suspect that River West got cold feet about the negative publicity and the potential damage to the Coleco brand, especially after the "fraud" at the Toy Fair, and they yanked the Coleco license away from Mike a few days ago.

The "fraud" gives them perfect reason to do so, and to totally come out smelling-of-roses as the guys that protected a beloved American brand from the charlatan that had fooled them into letting him almost ruin it.

That might also explain how Triverse seems to have some inside knowledge of today's disaster, even though he's carefully not said anything.

Just total speculation ... but that was what this thread was set up for.

OK, so it turns out that I was only 90% right on the day of the KickStarter ... it took until today for the speculation to be 100% right! ;-)

• Like 2

And put his SNES back together. Prolly put the electrical tape back in the garage.

That would be a great note upon which to end the dramatisation of this saga. Reassemble the SNES. Place it under the TV. Drop the electrical tape into a drawer. Turn off the light.

5 seconds later, light goes back on revealing a close-up of a wild-eyed MK, capturing the moment that the spark for the next big idea strikes.

Fin.

• Like 8